Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet What's the BEST USB Sound Card? - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Can anyone tell me what is the best USB sound card you can use with a Laptop ?

Specs

Gateway
Dual Core 1.6 ghz
2 Gb Ram
120 Gb HDD

I'm using Numark Dj I/O but it seems a bit toyish.....jejejejeje

Thanks for the input.

DJ MSK

Posté Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 8:54 pm
With or without timecode use?

For timecode use:
- u46dj
- maya44usb
- Hercules new card (soon out)
etc etc

For none timecode use, almost any good brand soundcard, so many ...
Choose any mid range or pro range soundcard from a well respected brand, and you're fine :)

Posté Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 9:05 pm
I don't think anyone can beat the Audio 4 (providing you can get the damn thing to work without USB dropouts).

$200 and it does timecode. Best external soundcard I've heard yet but I'm still having a hell of a time eliminating usb dropouts.

I've got Numarks Virtual Vinyl soundcard....which is garbage compared to this and I'm pretty sure the VV card is the same as DJIO the only difference being that 1 supports timecode and the other doesn't.

I must say however, the VV card gives me no problems are all with Virtual Vinyal. Not 1 usb dropout yet.

Posté Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 9:19 pm
No time coded, the thing is that Numark DJ I/O has very low volume on the cue feature, plus I was reading in anohter post about the output volume.

For example: I use 2 JBL EON515 with 2 JBL PRX518S Subs, and to 3/4 of the speaker's volume I go to full volume on VDJ and speakers still can take more volume without cliping, from My DJ I/O I go to a DBX 215 EQ and then to a DBX 234XL Xover and it sound very crisp but I feel the speakers can take a lot more. On the other hand in my 2nd set up have the same 2 JBL EON515 and 2 JRX118S Subs, which are less powerfull than the PRX's, but in this set up I use the BCD3000 and no EQ or Xover fter that, and it sounds louders and still very crisp.

That's the reason I'm asking if there's any other soundcard that can have better main output volume as well as cue volume?

Thanks for the previous coments......

DJ MSK

Posté Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 11:58 pm
Try the Creative Soundblaster X-Fi 5.1

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 11:21 am
sevan what is your operating system ?

what tweaks have you done so far to stop the dropouts ??

try these common tweaks ....turn off windows firewall, turn all power options to off/never ,turn off screen saver ,turn off wifi and bluetooth

eliminate unneeded processes and services at startup and running in background

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 11:54 am
I don't have any problems with my Numark DJIO.

I don't use the internal headphone jack on the unit. I send two outputs to my mixer.

Worksgreat with Beatmixing and Video Mixing... I throw alot at it.

Have NO problems with the output level. It is plugged into a Denon DNX-500 which has a ton of GAIN available compared to other mixers I have owned.

The numarks output volumn can be adjusted like any other sound card on a PC. Did you make sure that the "DJIO" volume is up. (Make sure you are not adjusting an internal card)

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 5:25 pm
for dj/timecode use:

the best usb soundcard:
ni audio8

the best pci soundcard:
rme hammerfall hdsp rpm

these are "the best" soundcards for dj/timecode use. nothing else.

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 8:23 pm
I am very happy with my sl1box of rane
and for alot of djs the best soundcart for timecode setup!

Posté Sun 03 May 09 @ 4:36 pm
SevanKambel wrote :
I don't think anyone can beat the Audio 4 (providing you can get the damn thing to work without USB dropouts).

$200 and it does timecode. Best external soundcard I've heard yet but I'm still having a hell of a time eliminating usb dropouts.

I've got Numarks Virtual Vinyl soundcard....which is garbage compared to this and I'm pretty sure the VV card is the same as DJIO the only difference being that 1 supports timecode and the other doesn't.

I must say however, the VV card gives me no problems are all with Virtual Vinyal. Not 1 usb dropout yet.

I agree with everything above. No USB dropouts too!

Posté Sun 03 May 09 @ 5:10 pm
I use a gigaport and have never had an issue or problem with the sound. 100% recommend it.

Posté Mon 04 May 09 @ 5:23 pm
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
gluzantzas wrote :
I am very happy with my sl1box of rane
and for alot of djs the best soundcart for timecode setup!

I can never get my sl-1 box to work right! For some reason, one deck will suddenly stop responding to timecode signal.. it will continue to play the song, show the timecode is being received and understood (i can see the thing going forward and backward when i scratch but the song won't do accordingly!)

care to share some of your serato/vdj compatibility secrets?

Posté Tue 05 May 09 @ 2:05 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008

Posté Wed 06 May 09 @ 2:03 am
I have been using the Maya44 with no drop outs or any issue and thats with Vista 32? for my gigs with timecode CD's
best 100bux I spent so far not sure why it gets a bad rap? pretty good to me so far.

Posté Wed 06 May 09 @ 8:41 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Wed 06 May 09 @ 8:54 am
Connectiv.

Syberman

Posté Wed 06 May 09 @ 11:35 pm
Get The M Audio Connectiv soundcard. It works great and its more flexible that all other soundcards.

Posté Thu 07 May 09 @ 1:11 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
My recommendation for the fact that I both have these:
Audio8DJ - loud output, clear & crisp, the best sounding USB soundcard i ever tried, ultra low latency, no dropouts for me using vista and xp (disable wireless,battery,firewire,etc.), timecode (CD and Vinyl) way too stable.

NVV - loud output, not as quality sound as Audio8, no single problem of what so ever using timecodes, my second best choice.

Posté Tue 12 May 09 @ 1:06 am
I use Maya44 usb. Sounds great - no droputs. Buffer size set to Rapid (8ms latency).
Outputs connected to line inputs of mixer, 2 inputs connected to booth output of mixer (Citronic CDJ10-4)

Posté Fri 15 May 09 @ 6:44 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Kay_Superstar wrote :
Buffer size set to Rapid (8ms latency).

With Hercules RMX or MK2 I can arrive at 4ms without problem, with Echo Indigo DJx 2ms and no any dropout.

PS. 8ms is not rapid ;)

Posté Fri 15 May 09 @ 6:48 am
95%