Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet First time using Virtual DJ, let alone mixing music, help!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

So this is my very first time ever mixing anything, EVER. And I recently got virtual DJ 6, and I just want to know how to use it. So basically I'm doing a dance showcase, and I needa mix some songs. I need to learn how to
1. Cut music
2. Mix it all in
3. add effects/transitions
4. turn it into an MP3 file.

Please help me, I'm reaaallyyy new to this

Thanks a bunch!

btw, I posted this in the technical issue section. I realized it was the wrong section and so re-posted here hahaha

Posté Sun 11 Oct 09 @ 8:07 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Please do not double post. Look for your answers here. I will lock your other thread.

Posté Sun 11 Oct 09 @ 8:08 pm
Yeah, I didn't know how to get rid of the other thread, sorry bout that!

Posté Sun 11 Oct 09 @ 8:11 pm
pidi5PRO InfinityMember since 2008
If its your first time and you gotta gig comin up then just play the songs right after each other mabye fade em in and out at the end. Then go home and purchase VDJ as you will get immense support from these guys. Check out the VDJ Wiki it has tons of info and tuts.

Posté Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 11:56 am
Start by cutting the lows from the new track thats coming in. Use the sync to line up the new track. Count the beats on the older track...1,2,3,4...and then on the next 1, bring in the lows from the new track and cut the lows from the older one(as close to "at the same time" as possible).

Botta Boom............

Posté Mon 19 Oct 09 @ 8:15 am
vsliceee wrote :
So this is my very first time ever mixing anything, EVER. And I recently got virtual DJ 6, and I just want to know how to use it. So basically I'm doing a dance showcase, and I needa mix some songs

Don’t take this the wrong way but you should have declined to DJ this event. You obviously are not ready yet. With patience and practice, you will be ready one day.

Drimachus wrote :
Start by cutting the lows from the new track thats coming in. Use the sync to line up the new track. Count the beats on the older track...1,2,3,4...and then on the next 1, bring in the lows from the new track and cut the lows from the older one(as close to "at the same time" as possible).

This is a good suggestion for beat-mixing. However, I would recommend the simpler method of cutting the lows on the song that’s playing while fading in the next song. It eliminates the need to restore the lows back to the song that was brought into the mix, which a beginner can easily forget to do.

OO

Posté Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 12:52 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)