Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Virtual DJ + Hercules RMX - no headphone sound?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

britePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Been having a bitch of a time getting the Hercules RMX and Virtual DJ to run on a new laptop.

Sticking to Mac issues as these look easier to fix -

Macbook with Snow leopard, VJ 6.04, latest drivers from Hercules (1.77).

So far seems fine - except there's no sound coming out of the headphones.

The Hercules is lit, VJ looks like it's running fine.

Headphones plugged into right hand jack at the front of the panel (not at top, where the buttons are).

All volumes seem to be up, no sign of mute or similar - but no sound through headphones.

Any pointers would be very much appreciated.

Posté Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 2:36 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Have you tried the top connector as well ?

Are Output 1/2 working correctly ?

Try connecting your speakers to Output 3/4 on the back of the console. The signal being sent is the same one feeding the headphone, so if your hear something there, there could be a problem with the headphone jacks.

As well, does the Audio configuration in VDJ looks like this:

- Input : None

- Output(s): Headphone

- Soundcard: DJ Console Rmx

Posté Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 2:52 pm
britePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Ah, many thanks for that DJ Phatso - it's always the simple little things that throw me. :)

Good to hear the Mac version working fine as well - was a little nervous about that, being a traditional PC user. :)

Posté Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 4:52 pm
Hey !

When i use these configurations in VDJ 5.2 (I Think), a popup window shows, that says: Error in the sound driver? What to do ?

Posté Thu 07 Jan 10 @ 4:25 pm
Version 5.2 has problem with this configuration ( it has been fixed in newer versions). Use the following configuration instead:

- Input : None

- Output(s): Headphone

-Soundcard: 4.1 card > DJ Console Rmx

Posté Fri 08 Jan 10 @ 6:48 am

Posté Fri 08 Jan 10 @ 11:36 am
Hey everyone,

I have the Hercules rmx everything works properly but the sound when i play in clubs is low and i have to increase the gain on the mixer's channel. I have the master checked from the virtual dj and it is always in the highest level and i am using all the latest updates.
Is there anything i can do to make the sound better?

Antonis M

Posté Wed 03 Mar 10 @ 3:48 pm
Hello coscorpio,

You should:
- use DJ Console Rmx jack 1/4" outputs (they are much louder than the RCA outputs: +4dBu on jack outputs, 10dBv on RCA outputs)
- check on DJ Console Rmx control panel (the software panel with an icon made of a record + DJ letters) the output level of the sliders for channel 1-2 and 3-4.

Posté Thu 04 Mar 10 @ 2:48 am
Thanks a lot man, i'll try it!!!

Posté Sat 06 Mar 10 @ 12:32 am
same problem here, no solution yet

Posté Sat 13 Mar 10 @ 9:54 am
Can you be more precise about what the "same problem" is ?

Have you read the solutions proposed previously ?

Posté Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 6:32 am
VintagePRO InfinityMember since 2006
brite wrote :
Ah, many thanks for that DJ Phatso - it's always the simple little things that throw me. :)

Good to hear the Mac version working fine as well - was a little nervous about that, being a traditional PC user. :)

do you like it better? let me now your feeling?

Posté Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 8:58 pm
macbook pro os x version 10.6.6. virtual dj 5.2.2. dj console rmx
everything seems to be working fine but there is no sound coming from the headphones :(

Posté Tue 10 May 11 @ 10:33 am
Please ensure that you have the latest DJ Console drivers and firmware installed.

A link to download this can be found on the following page:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common_Device_Drivers.html

Then check that your sound settings in CONFIG -> Sound Setup are set to the following:

Inputs: None
Ouputs: Headphones
Sound card: DJ Console RMX, Master: Chan 1&2 / Headphones: Chan 3&4

Click APPLY.

Connect a pair of amplified speakers to outputs 1 & 2 on the rear of the RMX console and your headphones into the headphone socket on the front of the console.

Posté Tue 10 May 11 @ 12:14 pm
will the dj consule rmx with virtual dj le work with headphones into the laptop its a windows?

Posté Sun 25 Dec 11 @ 12:59 pm
I have recently purchased the Hercules RMX, and its my first mixer. I have checked all of the above and all seems ok, and am getting sound through my headphones. However I don't have a sound system with the correct leads. I have tried using my TV, bluray player through surround sound etc. would any of this work...?

Posté Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 7:02 am
A home stereo system should work if it has an AUX (Axillary) or tape input. This should normally be standard RCA phono sockets. Connect the master output of the RMX using a standard RCA phono cable (2x red/white plugs to 2x red/white plugs) and then select the appropriate source on the stereo system (Press the AUX or TAPE button.) If you don't have the appropriate lead, you will need to purchase one (Visit your nearest electronics store.)

If you have a home cinema surround sound system then in most cases this should also have inputs for other external devices unless it's a very basic and cheap model.

Alternatively, for personal mixing/listening, purchase a pair of powered PC speaker and use these, or if you want much better quality, purchase a pair of powered studio monitor speakers.

For parties and/or gigs, a pair of powered PA speakers (Or amp + passive speakers) is strongly recommended.

Posté Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 7:24 am
I have the Settings set as described, but yet, there is no sound coming out of the head set. Volume is set to max, it's set to cue on the cue/mix slider, the channel are correct, but it won't work... I tried switchinbg it around and it's only the front one

Posté Mon 26 Dec 16 @ 11:26 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)