Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Xponent and Virtual DJ 6.x long closing problem - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

gnagisPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have the Xponent and have installed latest vdj on my windows 7 computer.
if i dont use the Xponent everything runs fine but if i plug the xponent in everything works fine again UNTILL i want to exit the program
when pressing X the program hangs and then windows tells me "force quit" of the program.
i get no crash log and also all setings is reverted back to as it was befor starting the program with xponent pluged in?

i have checked the "bank" switch and its set to A
and i have a new installed computer so its nothing more then this program on it.

annyone else this hapend for?

Posté Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 1:43 pm
yvesmkPRO InfinityMember since 2003
yep, had the same problem.
Nice if you need a quick reboot of VDJ during a gig. Need to reboot the complete PC.

Solution I have untill now is unplug the USB, rescan for devices (config/mappers).
Then you can close VDJ without any problem.

Posté Tue 19 Jan 10 @ 5:19 am
yeh i also noticed that solution
i have also tryed VDJ 5.2 and ther was no problem on that so ther must be something with the 6.x series that is faulty :(

i have opend a ticked and they seem not to care to much about this problem :O

Posté Tue 19 Jan 10 @ 6:05 am
I tried the trial version with my Xponent (I'm working on seven) and I've the same problem !I downloaded the beta drivers for the Xponent (for 64bit) but it doesn't change anything !

Posté Tue 19 Jan 10 @ 4:15 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
We do care and I am the one that answered your ticket.

As I said in the ticket it is with M-Audio's drivers there is a bug in the release of the MIDI protocol when exiting VirtualDJ. I have the same problem if I use the M-Audio X-Session or the original Evolution X-Session with the M-Audio drivers.

This is the ONLY device group (M-Audio) that experiences this issue. So for out of the 40+ controllers we support - it's a little difficult to say it's our problem when none of the others have the problem.

Posté Tue 19 Jan 10 @ 4:38 pm
also its only in VDJ not in traktor or in "torqs" program
so something on VDJ is the problem and should not be drivers that is problem as it works on other programs without problem or new releases from them
and yes works in v 5.x but not in version 6.x

what i meant is that just like you say its not a high priority case as its "only" for m-audio devices and therfor you dont care as much as i hoped as im using this in nightclubs every week i need to have it stable with my device :(

Posté Wed 20 Jan 10 @ 3:59 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I believe the problem also only occurs on Vista onwards; XP is unaffected.

Posté Wed 20 Jan 10 @ 5:02 am
gnagis wrote :
im using this in nightclubs every week i need to have it stable with my device :(

Excuse me but this issue is when you are done using the software at the end of the night. So how is it a stability issue if you are done and the issue is on exit?

And you cannot compare v5 to v6. V5 was custom interfacing and not using the same connection mechanics as are in v6.

Posté Wed 20 Jan 10 @ 5:30 am
as for me it resetts some settings becouse of the crash that i have to redo everytime.
thats why its not "stable"
and yes i understand i can not "compare" them like you say but im just telling that it was working and is working on all other programs i tryed

also yes i have windows 7 havent tryed in XP emulated.. maybe should try that.

Posté Wed 20 Jan 10 @ 6:37 am
No for me there is also a problem with tracktor. Some MIDI are recognised (like the crossfader) but some are not. Very strange problem. But with Torq there is no problem.
I tried on VD5 and for me it's not better at all.
I'm a little sad when I think about the price of the Xponent and I can't use it because of a MIDI driver problem :(

Posté Wed 20 Jan 10 @ 3:25 pm
hopefully there will be update soon of either the drivers or the program :)

Posté Thu 21 Jan 10 @ 4:29 am
THERE REALLY IS NO PROBLEM!!! If you look at the little comuter bar at the top witch effectivley tells you how much RAM your computer is using, you will notice that turning off the xponent will make the bar "red line" momentarly give your computer a moment to realize that the xponent is disconected, the bar will go back down and idle, then you can exit VDJ NO PROBLEM, this also goes with disconecting an external hard drive!!!!

Posté Mon 25 Jan 10 @ 6:09 am
No really there is a problem, I'm not a noob at all in computer ;)
Virtual DJ crash and sometime there is a strong problem with the main driver audio you must reboot and sometimes I must install again my audio driver on my laptop.

Posté Mon 25 Jan 10 @ 5:10 pm
Yes Same problem here. A update to fix this would be welcome as it is a problem to re-boot

Posté Fri 05 Feb 10 @ 2:58 am
I don't know why but now after a total re-installation of the driver (before I deleted in the device panel the Xponent one's) my sound system is now entirely useful ! :)

Posté Fri 05 Feb 10 @ 3:45 pm
haydosPRO InfinityMember since 2008
i noticed this exact problem too.

Posté Fri 19 Feb 10 @ 7:24 am
wilbergPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have exactly the same problem and posted it on the Dutch Forum).
Switching on my XPonent, before starting my laptop with Windows 7, gives totally NO PROBLEM.
The problem is closing VDJ when the XPonent is still "active".

Now I switch of the XPonent, wait until Windows gives a sign that something is disconnected (my XPonent) and then use the X to close VDJ.
Then there is no problem.
Very strange.

I hope there will be an update that fix this problem.

Posté Fri 26 Feb 10 @ 2:27 am
IamAbPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've got the same problem, closing VDj when Xponent is connected, VDJ locks, and takes a very long time to close

Posté Tue 02 Mar 10 @ 1:58 am
please, someone managed to solve this problem. My Vista is also catching the virtual DJ at closing time. Inclusice can not even turn off the computer.

Posté Mon 29 Mar 10 @ 12:29 pm
As I have told vjrinaldofreitas in a Support Ticket and we have described since the release of VirtualDJ 6 almost a year ago, there is a problem with the M-Audio drivers that does not allow VirtualDJ to properly release the controller. This is the ONLY controller that consistently exhibits this problem. We looked into it several times when it was first reported and could not identify a problem in VirtualDJ. The release of the controller is no different than any other controller (MIDI) or controller+soundcard and all other properly release. Why the drivers do not release control is unidentifiable by us.

This issue is not able to be corrected as we do not write the drivers. Now we could make a 'harsh' shutdown of VirtualDJ but that comes at other risks that would be even more less acceptable by the users.

Also, you can not compare v6 to v5 as a 'it worked before' comparison. Version 5 did not connect the same to controllers as V6 now does.

Posté Mon 29 Mar 10 @ 1:51 pm
59%