Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet DDM4000 midi crossfader?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I plan on picking this up....QUESTION im using timecodes and mixing video but don't have a midi mixer to crossfade the video during mixing thats why im considering this mixer how difficult will it be to set this mixer JUST TO CROSSFADE the video with the crossfader and will it work? Using VV 6.0.3 If sum1 can give instructions on how this is done and if it will work with a timecode video setup......also any other tips and advice on mixer.

Thanks!

Posté Sun 24 Jan 10 @ 9:15 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The crossfader cannot be used for audio and MIDI at the same time, so you will end up have to bodge a workaround. If you don't use the crossfader for audio at all, then it will work fine. Far better to buy a mixer that has actually been thought about - I'm going to upset the DDM4000 fanboys here, but I would say avoid this mixer personally.

Posté Sun 24 Jan 10 @ 10:04 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hehe, well speaking as a DDM fanboy, I'd say this mixer is fine as long as you only want to crossfade the video. I do all my mixing using the up faders, so it's not a problem for me. In terms of specifications, there is NOTHING out there that can beat this mixer at this price point!

However, if you need to crossfade audio and video at the same time, I'm with Scott on this one - avoid it like the plague. There is a work-around, but it's a bit of a mess.

Posté Sun 24 Jan 10 @ 10:20 am
@SBDJ
How about if I plan to use a pair of MIDI players eg. the Denon S3700 but using the midi capabilites, will this allow me to crossfade both video and audio using the DDM4000 crossfade.
P.S. I thinking that this theory will be like a full midi controller like the Hecules MK2.

Posté Sun 24 Jan 10 @ 2:07 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The problem is with the mixer's crossfader not working as an analogue (audio) crossfader and a midi fader at the same time. You can set it to either, but not both. For example, you're using a 4 channel soundcard to route decks 1 & 2 to channels 1 & 2 of the mixer. If the crossfader is in midi mode, it has no effect on the audio, and both channels will still be live regardless of the crossfader's position. The only way round this is to link the midi crossfader on the mixer to VDJ's own crossfader, but then you have the problem that when the crossfader is put to the right, you can't pfl the left channel, because there is no output from that deck into the mixer.

In short, the DDM4000's crossfader: great for audio crossfading, great for video crossfading, utterly hopeless at doing both at the same time.

Posté Sun 24 Jan 10 @ 3:06 pm
Instructions on using the DDM4000 mapper/plugin?

Also how is the mixer recognized by virtual dj as midi if its not plugged in via usb?

Thanks

Posté Mon 25 Jan 10 @ 6:18 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You'll need a MIDI interface on your computer. You can get USB-MIDI interfaces.

Posté Mon 25 Jan 10 @ 6:23 pm
What USB-MIDI interface would I need for this mixer to connect to Virtual DJ? Could I just buy any cord (MIDI to USB) and it will plug and play? I guess I don't understand what you mean by interface. I have behringer ddm4000, two cdj 1000's, a maya 44 usb sound card, and and looking to get MIDI working? So if I just buy that cord it should work, or will I need to configure it, and how. Any help would be appreciated.

Posté Tue 23 Mar 10 @ 1:57 pm
Rise o long dead thread. Hehe
Im planning on gettig vdj and using my ddm4000. I know there has been the issue with using the xfader to control vids and audio. Im going to link the video to audio in vdj with the ddm xfader set as a midi control. I think the que issue can be resolved by routing the master volume out from Vdj to one stereo channel on the ddm and then route the individual decks to seperate ins on the ddm. So when i want to que deck 1 then i will listen to channel 2 pfl on the ddm and so on. This should work in theory since im using the sl3 for my interface( has 3 stereo outs - one set for the master, and the two others for pfl of deck 1 and deck 2.). Anyone else try this??? I guess im surprised this wasnt brought up.

Posté Mon 06 Aug 12 @ 9:01 am
My solution is mapping the crossfader to the audio and the crossfader on/off button to the video link. When cueing, turn the channel you are cueing down and turn off the video link. I should note that my upfaders are all set analog.

Posté Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 11:09 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)