Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet NUMARK MIXDECK AT GIG W/VDJ 6.07 - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

vdj 6.07 and numark mixdeck is great and the bpm display values are on point thanks cstoll

Posté Mon 05 Apr 10 @ 7:18 pm
Super-PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hey KEVWEBNY, thanx for really awesome feedback on MixDeck.
However a have a few questions:

- can crosfadder be midi assigned to control video transitions?
- does it have a sound card built in?
- can it work with Serato Scratch Live (if you or anyone had tried it)?

thank you

Posté Mon 05 Apr 10 @ 8:58 pm
(Super) the mixdeck mixer is not midi so cross fader wont help w/ video
the sound card is built in
the mixdeck has cd direct outputs and line in so it should work with serrato. i say sould cause i never used that program
the mixdeck works fine with vdj 6.07 and tccd or time code signal on tumb drive and a external sound card. i used it w/time code and the maya 44.

i havent played video in public yet. i only dj w/audio right now. i own two- hercules mk2's so i am covered if i want to try videos. and i could also just use the key board if i wanted to croos fade videos.

Posté Tue 06 Apr 10 @ 3:01 am
dj ZABZHome userMember since 2010
Can someone please tell me how can i connect my Mixdeck to vdj 5.0 in Mac ?

Posté Tue 11 May 10 @ 4:19 am

Posté Tue 11 May 10 @ 12:40 pm
Hey guys, need some help
Just received my mixdeck yesterday. I need some help on how to map It with vdj 5.4 and things like that.
Would someone be able to help me?

Posté Tue 18 May 10 @ 8:28 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Read the post above the one you just made by jpboggis ;)

Posté Tue 18 May 10 @ 10:17 am
Thanks guys!

Posté Tue 18 May 10 @ 11:24 am

Posté Tue 18 May 10 @ 4:39 pm
DJK1-ToHome userMember since 2009
2 questions:

1) Just so I am clear as I am planning to upgrade to pro...the only problem that I will face when combining Mixdeck and VDJ Pro 6.0.8 would be that the mixer portion is not MIDI and therefor can not control the software? Does that mean that if I use the cross fader it will not fade through the speakers or just that the graphic of the slider fading from one side to the other in VDJ doesn't move (laptop screen)?

2) Will I be able to select, change and execute FX in VDJ through the Mixdeck?

Please be clear on this as these seem like a grey area and I am pretty much ready to buy the

Posté Wed 02 Jun 10 @ 11:33 pm
The mixer in the MixDeck is a standard DJ audio mixer. The sound cards of the two MixDeck decks either side are internally routed to this mixer, so you can use it to manipulate the audio volume, EQ, crossfade, etc. (As you could on any standard hardware DJ mixer.)

It does not control VirtualDJ's internal software mixer in any way (The on-screen crossfader, volume sliders, etc. will not move) and for audio mixing it does not need to. Video crossfading is not possible because the crossfader is not MIDI capable.

If you wish to record your mix, then you would need to connect a cable from the RECORD output on the back of the MixDeck to your computer sound card's line input. Then use 3rd party audio recording software such Audacity. If you use the internal recording in VirtualDJ, you would hear the pre-listened deck as well as the master output, because VirtualDJ has no way of knowing where the crossfader is on the hardware mixer.

The decks themselves are fully MIDI capable and allow audio effects to be selected and triggered. You can customise the mapping to suit your own personal preferences.

NOTE: To use the MixDeck, you will need the latest VirtualDJ Pro or trial http://www.virtualdj.com/download/trial.html - Your current DJ Console MK2 Edition of the software does not support the use of any other hardware.

Posté Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 12:11 pm
First off, CHEERS - you've explained it very well.

I am just not a 100% I get this last part . . . so as long as I do the recording through the line in of my Mac Book (and the a 3rd party app) I would hear only the output but if I use the VDJ, I would hear everything, including the monitors . . . right?

[Please don't quote the post right before your message - This is unnecessary and also makes your message more difficult to read when the quoted text is not properly distinguished from your own reply.]

Posté Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 12:27 pm
kinda of the same question, but would i have to do the same, use my RECORD outputs to broadcast online, in a website such as Justin.tv or Ustream.tv??

Posté Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 3:42 pm
Because you are using an ordinary DJ audio mixer (Built into the MixDeck), the software crossfader in VirtualDJ will always be in the centre and volume sliders up, so as far its concerned, both decks are always playing out live (Even though that will not be the case on the mixer.)

So when you have one track playing out live and are cueing up the next in your headphones, you would hear the cueing in your recording.

The above works around this problem by recording the output from your mixer (As what would be heard on your speakers.)

Posté Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 3:45 pm
@DJ Surge:

Yes, this is always the case with an hardware audio DJ mixer (Such as that built into the MixDeck), otherwise you will hear your headphone pre-listening/cueing in the recording or broadcast.

Because you can't currently choose a different sound card for your line in source in the recording options, you may need to use 3rd party broadcasting software rather than that built into VirtualDJ, or a second instance of VirtualDJ configured to use your computer's internal sound card only.

Posté Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 3:49 pm
so how does using your RECORD outputs control your "crossfader" in the program???

Posté Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 4:12 pm
They can't - It's impossible (Unless the mixer is MIDI capable.)

As above, you must connect the RECORD output of your mixer (Which is exactly what is being output by your speakers) to the LINE INPUT of your computer and use that as your recording or broadcasting source.

Posté Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 9:47 pm
so either way...your still gonna hear both deck playing?? even if i have the crossfader in the MIXER all the way to the side?
but im going to give it a shot tomorrow..

Posté Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 10:08 pm
No, if you use the RECORD output on the back of the mixer (Cable from this to LINE IN of your computer's sound card), then you will hear only what is output live through your speakers.

If you use VirtualDJ's recording facility with the sound card of the MixDeck, then you would hear both live output and your headphone pre-listening in the recording (VirtualDJ has no way to know which deck is live when using an hardware audio DJ mixer.)

Posté Fri 04 Jun 10 @ 12:50 pm
Makes cents! - thanks for the explanation, I guess I won't be upgrading for now.

One more questions...Several months ago I downloaded the trail and used it (prior to buying the MIXDECK)....is there any way for me to gain an additional trial version for use with the MIXDECK? I am sorry if this is off topic but there may other who own the MIXDECK and that are in the same situation!

LASTLY - please check this video if you want to learn how to record to audacity with your PC/MAc from an external mixer (MIXDECK) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-yS57gXl5Q&feature=related

Cheers!

Posté Fri 04 Jun 10 @ 12:55 pm
65%