Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet NUMARK MIXDECK AT GIG W/VDJ 6.07 - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

HI VDJ COMMUNITY I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE NUMARK MIXDECK AND VDJ 6.07. ANYONE USE THE MIXDECK AND VDJ 6.07 AT A GIG YET. I HAVE DONE A DOZEN OR SO GIGS W/THE NUMARK MIXDECK AND VDJ 5.06 WITH TCCD AND I LIKE THE WAY THE MIXDECKS PERFORM. i AM ASKING THE COMMUNITY BECAUSE I HAVENT UPGRADED TO 6.07 ON GIG LAPTOPS YET. i JUST WANNA NO IF 6.07 IS STABLE? I REALLY LIKE THIS NUMARK MIXDECK W/ ALL ITS FUNCTIONS. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Posté Mon 22 Mar 10 @ 10:45 am
wow ! i am the only one using the mixdeck and vdj

Posté Wed 24 Mar 10 @ 5:10 pm
Just updated gig laptop to vdj 6.07 and all is good with audio using the numark mixdeck. seems like i want be using key board and mouse as much. the track knob on mixdeck can be used to browse folders and select tracks. The sound seems better dont know if its the sound card in the mixdeck that is better or if it is the vdj6.07. This setup is great can set cue puts in vdj and w/the mixdeck and also trigger the fx's in vdj. touch sensitive jog wheels are on point also. I will test and practice w/ this setup and report my findings in this post. My next major gig is april 17 and i hope to use this setup.

Posté Thu 25 Mar 10 @ 12:29 pm
thanks for the heads up on your mixdeck experience,, I,,like many otheres i'm sure, are anxiously trying to get our hands on one,,apparantly,, the new silver and black version that was set for release on march 17th has been pushed back to april 1st by numark,,and,of course ,there are no units of the first 500 all black shipments left to be had anywhere... my order is in,, and I await its shipping date,, question for you,, I have heard that the mixer portion does not control vdj mixer,, and only the a/b decks actually interface with vdj,, is this true??, if,so,, that seems odd to me,, but tell me,, how does it work for you?? thanks

Posté Mon 29 Mar 10 @ 2:20 am
djspike I have the all black mixdeck and the mixer section does not control any parts of vdj. The platters are touch sensitive and u can set cue points and loops via the mixdeck that control vdj. u can also trigger the effects in vdj via the mixdeck. the sliders on the mixdeck will control your pith/bpm speed. Any more question let me know. Oh yea u can scratch w/ the mixdeck while u contol vdj. the mixer section is just like a traditional mixer. You can go from usb flash drive w/mp3's to cd with a flip of a swithch Every thing works as it sould or advertised. In cd mode or usb mp3 jump drive mode the cross fader can be used for auto start. the play butted when repeatedly pushed will act as a stutter it will return to the last start point or cue in vdj and cd and usb /mp3 jump drive mode. I have recorded a mix using the mixdeck to conrol vdj straight to a classic 30 gig ipod video that was placed in the mixdeck dock. i then opened itune and burned the track to cd. It worked without any problems and sounds great.

Posté Mon 29 Mar 10 @ 2:52 am
kevweb... thanks so much for the awesome detailed description,, ive been dying to hear some first hand info from a working dj on what does and doesnt work,and how well.. etc,, it sounds like i'm really gonna love this new setup, I currently use vdj,a behringer bcd 3000, and a slightly beat up cdn 90 dual rack mount for the occasional cd playback and backup,,,,but think I will really love the all in one capabilities of this new piece,,and will definitly use more of my cd library with a good solid working unit to click back and forth between, ,cant wait,,the bcd 3000 works well enough as a vdj controller,,, just small ,and the jog/scratch weels leave a lot to be desired..lol. anyway.. thanks again,, hey,,btw,, did you have to map any midi,, or was the new vdj 6.07 already set up with native controls built in for this numark piece??, ive heard it does,, but again,, first hand info is always the best,, also,, any stability issues with the new version?? thanks again,,

Posté Mon 29 Mar 10 @ 4:29 pm
dj spike i dont know how to map a controler all i did was upgrade to vdj 6.07 go to config in vdj and select numark mixdeck under mappers. of course i had already down loaded the drivers for mixdeck from the cd that came with it. once the mixedeck was selected in the config under mappers it just works. And works very well!!! keep all your old gear because its great to have back up even if u get the numark mixdeck, thats just my opinion. Let me know whats up?

Posté Mon 29 Mar 10 @ 7:50 pm
I just purchased the mixdeck and I am very pleased with it. Here is my pros and cons:

Pros:
- Seems to be more respondsive with VDJ 6.7
- Love the track nob, I was trying to break the mouse...this did it. You are able to folder search and file search with ease.
- Mixdeck is mappable, had no problems mapping unuse buttons like recall & tap.
- The FX is right at you finger tips with a button. You can scroll FX with the toggle switch right above it.
- You can control the amount of scracth or search you want present...great for setting cue points
- You can record you Vinyl records, tapes or any other inputs to the ipod using the aux inputs.
- Don't have to worry about bringing a backup system. USB, ipod cds and mp3 cd's are your backup
- a flight case is available for professional appearance

Cons:
- If you use video you need to use laptop mixer (really no change here)
- the platter LEDs don't function with VDJ
- no kill on the mixer EQ, "now thats a real drag"
- deck bpm's don't match screen bpm's
- only one mic input, no goose neck mount
- Be aware of the diff volume levels with switching to other sources i.e.>cd, usb...etc.
- need diff color knobs for eq. Working on the fly you can easily mistake booth, master and gain knobs for the eq

Other than these minor cons I believe the mixdeck is the controller of the future.

Posté Tue 30 Mar 10 @ 10:56 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just to note ... the majority of Cons are hardware Cons and have nothing to do with the software integration as the Mixer section is separate from the software.

As for the platter LED ring, we are working on making that integration - it is a bit complex in the way Numark implemented it in the MIDI codes.

As for the BPM differences, can you elaborate more? I do not see this with the MixDeck unit I have.

Posté Wed 31 Mar 10 @ 12:30 am
cstol the bpm display in vdj doesent match the bpm thats displayed on the mixdeck.

Posté Wed 31 Mar 10 @ 7:38 am
I understood that from your original comment ... but how much difference? Is it .1 difference or is it greater than that ?

Posté Wed 31 Mar 10 @ 9:36 am
cstol the difference in bpms vary with the mixdeck and the vdj 6.07 bpm display

Posté Wed 31 Mar 10 @ 10:25 am
I concur with cstoll. All of my cons are related to the hardware. Vdj interates just fine with the mixdeck. Cstoll thanks for looking into the platter light leds. This is a attention getter and converstion piece. As for the bpm's, I am currently playing a song which is being display on VDJ laptop view as 95.5, which is correct. The mixdeck is display 120.3.

Posté Wed 31 Mar 10 @ 9:48 pm
bradreHome userMember since 2010
HI KEVWEBNY could you tell me how to setup virtualdj 6.07??

my virtualdj always can't find my mixdeck....

Posté Thu 01 Apr 10 @ 11:12 pm
thanks for the good news cstol

Posté Mon 05 Apr 10 @ 6:48 am
Please give me a hand. i have downloaded the new def file for the mix deck to help w/ the bpm an d pitch display. How do i get this new def apply to work w/ vdj 607. Thanks for your help in advance

Posté Mon 05 Apr 10 @ 11:08 am
If you downloaded the PC one, just run the executable and it puts the definition in the correct folder.

If you downloaded the Mac one, you need to extract the file and put it in the Documents\VirtualDJ\Devices folder.

After doing the above then run VirtualDJ.

Posté Mon 05 Apr 10 @ 11:35 am
after down loading the new pc def for the mixdeck i dont see any change in vdj 6.07 in the display of the bpm. the bpm of the deck in vdj 6.07 on the laptop isnt the same as displayed on the mixdeck. what am i doining wrong? thanks in advance.

Posté Mon 05 Apr 10 @ 4:37 pm
thanks cstoll the update seems to be working after i down loaded and ran the def again

Posté Mon 05 Apr 10 @ 6:03 pm
Cool ... so you get the correct values now ?

Posté Mon 05 Apr 10 @ 6:04 pm
32%