Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet American Audio VMS4 bundled with Virtual DJ 6 LE - Good Work Guys!!!!! - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Yup, saw this on their FB earlier. Cool product!

RuDe

Posté Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 4:32 am
Numark goes American Audio comes :)

Nice!

Posté Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 6:36 am
Roy,

I dont have fb prob dont plan on getting one, what does that say? at least a summary breakdown based on bluntfusion looks as if something or somebody is going somewhere company wise?

Posté Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 7:28 am
Sorry, I was rushing out the door at the time... Will cut/paste when I get home unless someone else beats me to it.

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 7:35 am

American Audio Announces July 2010 Launch of VMS4 Velocity MIDI Station
The Ultimate DJ Performance Tool!

Versatile PC/Mac Unit Includes 4 MIDI and Analog Channels (MIDILOG™), Virtual DJ LE Software, Innofader Cross-Fader Option , Built-In Mousepad, Available MIDI Driver Downloads for All Major DJ Software Titles & Much More at Under-$500 Street Price

LOS ANGELES— Amidst a growing buzz throughout the DJ community, American Audio has announced that its long-awaited VMS4 Velocity MIDI Station, a 4-channel MIDI controller, will be available in July. Billed as the ultimate performance tool for today’s working DJs, the VMS4 is an amazingly versatile piece of gear that offers 4 selectable MIDILOG™ (MIDI or analog channels), so it can be used with a computer for digital DJ-ing or as a regular mixer without a computer. It doesn’t matter what kind of computer you have either, because the VMS4 is both PC and Mac-compatible, making it one of the most adaptable pieces of gear on the planet!

The VMS4’s adaptability extends to software too. The unit comes bundled with popular Virtual DJ LE software, so DJs can get up and running right out of the box. Easy to use, Virtual DJ is an ideal software for newcomers to the digital world to get started on. But for those who prefer to use other DJ software programs -- not to worry, the versatile VMS4 platform can accommodate those too. Downloads of MIDI drivers for all popular DJ software titles will be available on American Audio’s VMS4 website (www.vms4dj.com) free of charge, allowing the VMS4 to run smoothly with the most popular digital DJ programs out there.

The VMS4 is not only versatile -- it’s affordable. Although packed with features, it has a street price of under $500 (MSRP $699.95). This is an incredible value for a 4-channel unit that comes with Virtual DJ LE software included, along with 2 jog wheels, a built-in mousepad that allows DJs to make all of their selections right from the top of the unit, and 2 microphone channels with gain/treble/mid/bass EQs. Each of the mixer’s four channels is fortified with gain, treble, mid and bass controls. All of the audio control faders, knobs, switches, and buttons are smoothed, meaning no popping, wiper noise, or zipper noise. The mixer itself offers the option of being used with an Innofader replacement crossfader (sold separately), which is typically found in only the top professional gear.

“With its wide range of premium features, there’s nothing like the VMS4 on the market, especially at the price point we’re offering it at,” said Tom Freret, National Sales Manager for American Audio. “But the most amazing thing of all is the VMS4’s versatility -- its dual-purpose MIDILOG channels are selectable either as USB or analog channels, allowing it to be used by computer DJs or as a regular analog mixer. Plus, it can be used with any brand of DJ software. This was done to meet today’s need for audio gear that is flexible enough to serve a variety of functions.

“When it comes to DJ audio gear, we no longer live in a one-size fits-all world,” continued Freret. “Mobile entertainers may work with a variety of different media, performing with a computer or conventional audio gear, or switching between the two. The VMS4 gives them the flexibility to perform however they choose – it combines all the features of a 4-channel professional club mixer, 2 touch-sensitive table-top decks, a MIDI controller and Virtual DJ software into one compact, portable unit with a durable, roadworthy steel chassis.”

The VMS4’s versatility also becomes handy when a computer crashes, Freret added. DJs don’t have to stop the music when their computer fails them. The VMS4 kicks into an analog mode, where CD players or turntables may be used, or a DJ can use an external power supply.

In addition to its performance versatility, the VMS4 also offers versatility in its appearance. DJs can personalize the look of their unit, thanks to the availability of customized skins, which can be ordered via the website StyleFlip.com
Among the VMS4’s other MIDI features are: 50 LED illuminated buttons (including 18 with dual blue/red LEDs), 34 assignable rotary controllers, 5 assignable linear fader controllers, 4 assignable rotary encoders, long-life MIDI-assignable touch strips, two 10-bit resolution pitch sliders, 62 assignable MIDI buttons and switches, dual MIDI controls on all buttons and switches, and dual 2000 point resolution touch-sensitive turntable search controllers.

In addition to its many MIDI features, the VMS4 delivers some sweet-sounding audio options. Those include the ability to use it with sound cards; 24-bit 48 kHz of analog audio; 16-bit 44.1 kHz USB audio; 10-bit resolution on all analog fader controls; and selectable USB modes; 4 in 4 out mode for running software effects on phono/line analog channels, or 2 in 8 out mode for running 4 software channels and master recording. All buttons on the VMS4 illuminate in dark environments and only take 2 msecs to respond to a DJ’s touch (4 msec response on all rotary and linear faders).

The MSRP of the VMS4 Velocity MIDI Station is $699.95.

See the VMS4 in action, click on link below
VMS4 Video

For more information, contact American Audio at 1-800-322-6337, or visit the VMS4 micro site: VMS4 Micro Site

Posté Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 7:36 am
thats a cool little control. even has changeable faceplates/skins......rmx has a little comp!...

Posté Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 9:21 am
P, the RMX has ALOT of competition now. Not knocking Hercules, I love my MK2. If this unit is as great in reality as it sounds in print then it'll change how other manufacturers are designing and building their controllers. I can't wait to get one. I was told by sales folks at ADJ in March that this unit wouldn't be out until July regardless of all the contradictory info floating around the net. So I've been patiently waiting.

Mods and/or Team, can you all share any info with us as to how things are going with this collaboration? I had a small hope in the back of my mind that VDJ would hop in bed with ADJ on this when I saw that ADJ removed all references to Traktor from it's promo material for the VMS4.

Good job Team, you guys continually make me proud to be a VDJ user.

Posté Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 9:45 am
Quote :
The VMS4’s adaptability extends to software too. The unit comes bundled with popular Virtual DJ LE software, so DJs can get up and running right out of the box. Easy to use, Virtual DJ is an ideal software for newcomers to the digital world to get started on. But for those who prefer to use other DJ software programs -- not to worry, the versatile VMS4 platform can accommodate those too. Downloads of MIDI drivers for all popular DJ software titles will be available on American Audio’s VMS4 website (www.vms4dj.com) free of charge, allowing the VMS4 to run smoothly with the most popular digital DJ programs out there.

Not sure if I'm happy about this statement "Easy to use, Virtual DJ is an ideal software for newcomers to the digital world to get started on". Was it Atomix approved???

Kinda suggests that VDJ is just OK and for beginners and that "other DJ software programs" would be preferable...

Also no mention of a discount upgrade to Pro for VMS4 LE users...

Finally, and something which is chugging over in my mind, the VMS4 has 4 digital channels. Does this man VDJ will support all of them or maybe even a dedicated 3rd channel for the sampler leaving a spare analogue channel for backup. Very curious now!!!

Also I am assuming the LE version will include a custom VMS4 skin...

Looking forward to an official statement from the Atomix team ;-)

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 10:02 am

Posté Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 11:00 am
true that.... TD,, i just didnt want to knock my own gear..lol...but the truth is the truth,, and trust like you said if its reality is like its paper..i will be investing in my second controller..

Posté Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 11:54 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

This looks a great controller by American Audio.

I wish I had waited now and not brought my VCI-300 a couple of months ago. Does anybody know or have a idea what the UK RRP for the VMS4 may be.

A VCI-300 going cheap. Nearly new. Used a few times, pmsl!!!!!

Posté Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 12:06 pm
As I read and see this thing has MIDI but well it control the video with the audio via the x-fader..if so it will be on my desk in the studio when it's released, plus four channel I see VDJ plus 2 decks working all the time this would be great...

Posté Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 12:34 pm
Latest info from AA is that RRP of the VMS4 in the UK will be £399.

I have just asked them to confirm this again. Have also asked how much the external power supply and cary case will cost as they are sold seperately.

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 12:34 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
GadgetMan wrote :

Latest info from AA is that RRP of the VMS4 in the UK will be £399.

Very good price!!! If it stays at that price I'll certainly be ordering one, that's for sure :)

Cheers Roy

Posté Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 1:13 pm
Same here mate... My local DJ shop is an AA authorised dealer... I might get a better price for two ;-)

Anyone else in the UK interested???

Roy

Posté Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 1:51 pm
I will be also?? any one want a RMX??...lol

But what has me really hooked is what the rep said in the vid "Touch Sensitive JOG!!!" This is the 1st time I have heard that?? if this is the case then the VCI better be ready because I know I will.....

Posté Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 4:07 pm
I'm gonna keep my RMX for my home setup...

Let me speak to my supplier and see if I can work something out.

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 5:58 pm
lcmxr6PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Looks awesome I want one, isn't it a four channel mixer though?

Posté Fri 30 Apr 10 @ 12:00 am
Yes it's four channels... All of which can be assigned to either MIDI or analogue.

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Fri 30 Apr 10 @ 2:10 am
23%