Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet American Audio VMS4 bundled with Virtual DJ 6 LE - Good Work Guys!!!!! - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

GODDDD..Stop Allready!! you are torturering mEEEE!!!

Posté Fri 30 Apr 10 @ 7:29 am
how bout a screenshot of vdj with 4 decks playing?

Posté Fri 30 Apr 10 @ 4:52 pm
that is awesome!
I wonder if there would be if there will be lag if you used all 4 channels for video.

Posté Fri 30 Apr 10 @ 11:09 pm
What software are you intending on using that gives you 4 channels of video...??

Roy

Posté Sat 01 May 10 @ 1:21 pm
Looks great and what I'm after (having had to sell all my gear and still being in debt, there's a job for me out there somewhere lol) but what's the quality of American Audio's products like? For the price looks like a good buy over the VCI-300 which I've wanted for a while.

Posté Sat 01 May 10 @ 4:13 pm
IMHO American Audio is a very underrated brand. Are they A&H, Pioneer, Rane, or Denon? No, but then again they don't pretend to be, nor do they price like they are. Their stuff is well made and very reliable. I would place them over Vestax, Gemini and Numark for sure. Still they've never gotten the rep they feel their quality & price merits. I've spoken with 2 sales reps at AA and they're very aware of how they're perceived and want to change it. Enter the VMS4. They've placed a great deal of resources into the R&D and quality construction of this unit. It appears to me that they've also placed their hopes of gaining a more accurate esteem and reputation in the marketplace on the reception of the VMS4. The only thing close to it is the new box from A&H which is retailing for circa $1200.00! Personally I can't wait to get my hands on one of these. -Z-

Posté Sat 01 May 10 @ 7:29 pm
The VCI 300 is only a good buy if you get it really cheap. IMO.. Its only worth 499. The VMS4 is a cool deck that i would be interested in for just easy barbecue parties, house parties. The VMS4 is a better buy than the VCI 300. As far as 4 decks, i think its only going to be 2 decks with Virtual DJ LE.

Posté Sun 02 May 10 @ 1:56 am
Great information there, thanks guys.

Posté Sun 02 May 10 @ 3:06 pm
mistah_p wrote :
thats a cool little control. even has changeable faceplates/skins......rmx has a little comp!...

I really don't see it as comp as they are in two very different price ranges, saying this is comp for the RMX is like saying a new Mercedes model will hurt Toyota sales, two entirely different purchasers in my opinion....maybe Vestax and their overpriced products is the one that should be worried!

Posté Mon 03 May 10 @ 7:20 am
This is looking like a potential upgrade to the RMX with some of functionality of the A&H DX (at a fraction of the cost).

With the 4x "Midilog" channels can anyone work out whether you can use the built-in sound card to send an Output from VDJ to (say) Channel 1 & 2 and use the Mixer as an Analogue mixer, so that you are not using the internal VDJ Mixer (Midi EQ and X-FAde) ?

Rich

Posté Wed 05 May 10 @ 1:17 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've been told you can and it would make sense but don't take that as gospel!

Posté Wed 05 May 10 @ 2:20 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
richphillips wrote :
This is looking like a potential upgrade to the RMX with some of functionality of the A&H DX (at a fraction of the cost).

With the 4x "Midilog" channels can anyone work out whether you can use the built-in sound card to send an Output from VDJ to (say) Channel 1 & 2 and use the Mixer as an Analogue mixer, so that you are not using the internal VDJ Mixer (Midi EQ and X-FAde) ?

Rich

You will not have to go out one channel into another to do this ...

Posté Wed 05 May 10 @ 4:07 pm
what price will be and when will the sale?

Posté Thu 06 May 10 @ 5:31 am
The major DJ stores in the UK are listing it at £399 (probably 399 EUR too) although the dates range from next week to the end of June.

Posté Thu 06 May 10 @ 5:50 am
Latest from my ADJ stockist is July and £399. He's hoping to get a unit mid/late June and I may even get a chance to bring it home for a night...

However as I've discovered with his other ADJ products, their supply from the far east is very hit & miss...

I'm still keen to try and do a deal with him for a bulk buy, so if anyone IS serious about getting one of these let me know...

If I can do the eal, it will be discount price + shipping.

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Thu 06 May 10 @ 6:20 am
hope that keeps achives this street price...

one question to ask: are the eq's push-kill aplicable?

Posté Thu 06 May 10 @ 1:18 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Does anybody know if the soundcard in the VMS4, is a ASIO card? I can't seem to find any documentation to say whether it is or isn't.

Posté Thu 06 May 10 @ 1:26 pm
thats a point - do we know if its mac compatible?

Posté Thu 06 May 10 @ 4:33 pm
Latest info from ADJ Europe:

Will the VMS4 be ASIO compatible? Yes
If so will it come with its own ASIO drivers or use ASIO4All? Own
Will the VMS4 support timecodes? Possible, but not with native traktor scratch or serato
Will the VMS4 have Mac drivers also? yes
The price is still £399 with VDJ LE? yes
Release Date is July 2010? yes
Power supply will be sold separately? Price? included
Carry case will be sold separately? Price? Separately, price not yet set, because it’s not ready yet
What is the earliest date dealers will have access to demo models? Around july/august 2010

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Mon 10 May 10 @ 6:47 am
You do have to wonder about the quality of components in this unit due to the price. Take off VAT, UK import tax, included software etc. and it's selling for not very much at all.

The Mixdeck is £699 but also has CD players, ipod dock and displays though ......

My take on AA equipment previously is that it has been pretty poor quality, but only time will tell I suppose!

Keith

Posté Mon 10 May 10 @ 6:54 am
47%