Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Numark V7 - Setup - 1 and 2 unit settings - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

HP DV 9000
Numark Cue 7.0
Denon DN-S3700 (Hybrid update)

Hello all, I am looking for a setup tutorial for my system. I am trying this hybrid thing out and cannot get it to work right. Do I need an external sound card when using the 3700's on hybrid mode?

I have them connected directly to the laptop via USB and the RCA's (analog) connected to the M4 numark Mixer. What should my configuration settings be?

I am making the transition from vinyl/cd to digital and I want this to work. Thanks to all who help.

Eddie
DJ EddieB
Stuttgart, Germany
Armed Forces Europe

Posté Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 12:47 pm
Hi, yes, I think you need an external sound card for the hybrid mode to work on the denon 3700s because it was designed to be a solution for serato djs because serato doesn't work with the moving platters. Maybe you could start your own thread with your problem, this one is just meant to be numark v7 questions.

I think that vdj works with just standard midi mode on the 3700s so you don't need to worry about hybrid mode or getting an external sound card. I don't have them though so I can't say how well they work in just normal midi mode.

Hope that helps.

Posté Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 3:01 pm
Hello pls help me still my NUMARK V7 IS LAGGING ON V7 IT WORKS FINE WITH JUST ONE V7 BUT WHEN I USE THE LINK CABLE AT LOADING OF A NEW SONG VIRTUAL DJ STARTS LAGGING (LAGGING) I MEAN IT WILL SOUND LIKE AM SCRATCHING BUT AM NOT VERY BAD SOUND.. AND IT SHOWS THE BAR CPU USAGE AS 100% PLS ANY HELP?

Posté Thu 18 Nov 10 @ 10:01 am
blazinxHome userMember since 2006
i just purchased my v7 and am trying to get it to work along with my total control in virtual dj pro 6..the total control works perfect but the v7 isnt doing anything..any suggestions?

Posté Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 8:10 pm
DJ KGeeHome userMember since 2010
I just hooked up my V7 to Virtual DJ and it works great. I've been searching for days trying to find the way to get the crossfader on my analog mixer (Numark M4) to work or what to buy. Please advise

Posté Tue 21 Dec 10 @ 6:50 pm
If you wish to video crossfade, then you will need a MIDI capable mixer.

A standard analogue DJ mixer is not MIDI capable and cannot control VirtualDJ in any way (E.g: Video crossfading is not possible.)

Some MIDI capable mixers can be found towards the bottom of the hardware page: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html

Posté Wed 22 Dec 10 @ 8:30 am
Why am I skipping a little song like that little scratch on its own? I do not know what the problem? I use VDJ 7.0.2, we ITCH works flawless

Posté Tue 25 Jan 11 @ 11:18 am
Hi,
Could someone please upload a mirror for the definitions cause the link doesn't seem to work for me :\
Oh, btw is a midi mixer a necessity in order to control VDJ?
Thanks in advance.

Posté Tue 08 Feb 11 @ 10:14 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You don't need the definitions any longer if you are running a legal version of PRO.

Posté Tue 08 Feb 11 @ 10:51 am
Yeah I just saw it is supported natively but I need pro to use it?

Posté Tue 08 Feb 11 @ 11:50 am
Yes, you will need the full VirtualDJ Professional to be able to use other MIDI controllers. The version you have now is VirtualDJ LE (Limited Edition), which only supports the Hercules MP3e2 and cannot be used with any other hardware.

You can try it out before purchasing for 10 minutes at a time in the latest VirtualDJ Home FREE v7.0.2: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html

NOTE: After 10 minutes, Home FREE will revert back to mouse and keyboard control only until you next restart the software.

You can upgrade to Pro at a discount by going to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

A MIDI mixer is only necessary if you need to be able to use the crossfader for video crossfading, although you could use your MP3e2 for this purpose.

Posté Wed 09 Feb 11 @ 6:09 am
Anyone using this post anymore i hope so..... anyways i have set my v7s up like the specs recommend anyways i cant switch my slave turntable of from master be4 i open vdj i have to open vdj then switch the turntable off and then switch it back on again then the master light goes off from the slave machine....
thats not the problem tho after 4 songs or 15 mins it will blink on then off and then it will frezze vdj complety until it the slave machine is switched off complety...
once its switched back on age then i have the same problem it freezes again can any1 help me please???????? all my drivers are updated and i have tryd too uninstall the turntables and reinstall both together and one by one so i am stuck!!!!!!!!!!!!1 please help

Posté Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 1:48 pm
DJadamtPRO InfinityMember since 2008
djgibbsy wrote :
Anyone using this post anymore i hope so..... anyways i have set my v7s up like the specs recommend anyways i cant switch my slave turntable of from master be4 i open vdj i have to open vdj then switch the turntable off and then switch it back on again then the master light goes off from the slave machine....
thats not the problem tho after 4 songs or 15 mins it will blink on then off and then it will frezze vdj complety until it the slave machine is switched off complety...
once its switched back on age then i have the same problem it freezes again can any1 help me please???????? all my drivers are updated and i have tryd too uninstall the turntables and reinstall both together and one by one so i am stuck!!!!!!!!!!!!1 please help

when you first load up VDJ turn the master button on the slave deck on & off. that's what I have to do every time I load VDJ. you can't turn off the master button on the slave deck untill you load up the program (well I can't anyway)

Posté Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 8:25 am
I've been having this problem for a good couple of years now & been speaking with member's of the support team about it & so far not had any progress, only now I've found I'm not the only one with this problem so I can now safely say it's a software problem & not any fault of mine

the problem is when using V7's & you have both tracks playing for eg whiles in the middle of mixing the left decks track just starts again half way though but it's only doing this when tracks are playing

like I said I now know I'm not the only one out there with this problem so it's a program problem & not down to my setting/laptop

I'm hoping there's someone who had this problem & fixed it out there I've had this problem for a few years & would really like it to be sorted

thanks

Posté Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 8:26 am
@DJadamt - I have read through your submitted tickets.

First - if you have not been keeping your devices up-to-date with firmware upgrades then you need to start there.
The devices were distributed with Itch and this is how the firmware and latest audio drivers get installed.

Uninstall ALL audio drivers for the V7s.
Download the latest version of Itch and install.
Then run Itch with only one unit connected at a time.
Any firmware updates only work through the USB and not the Network bridge cable. So for two units you have to do this twice.

Then once you are done with both units. Run VirtualDJ with everything connected back to normal.
** DO NOT install any downloaded drivers - use the ones installed by Itch **

But to be more specific to your stated issue - the software doesn't just reset it's play position on it's own. It has to be told to do it. Which means your left unit is sporadically sending a bad value to the software (most likely vibration on the touch strip) but to eliminate the possibility of internal issues - make sure the firmware is up-to-date as mentioned above.

Posté Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 12:01 pm

Thanks for that. I'll try it for a few days & let you know how I get On

Cheers!! :)

Posté Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 8:04 pm
@ DJadamt
I have the same problem. Ever since i got my second V7 and started playing with both decks (via link cable) the left deck randomly restarts at the beginning of the track. Have you found a fix?

Posté Thu 04 Aug 11 @ 3:01 am
okay guys can we please sort these issues out.... everyone set out your computer details and your specific problem thats all them maybe cstoll can post a general Setting up and maybe some common fixes... and then we might get some where...

Posté Thu 04 Aug 11 @ 3:35 pm
The general settings are already posted on the first page of this thread.

Second - is that if you have not kept up on the Itch versions - then make sure you get them and keep your controller up-to-date on firmware fixes. You have to install and run Itch to upgrade them. And you can not update both controllers at the same time with Itch. The firmware updates do not pass through the LINK cable. So, you have to update each unit individually.

I have asked these same question and given the same advice to others - then never hear from them again. So, maybe that is where you need to start ....

Example -

Posted by DJadamt on Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 9:04 pm

Thanks for that. I'll try it for a few days & let you know how I get On

Cheers!! :)

So been a month ??

Posté Thu 04 Aug 11 @ 7:22 pm
(Left deck randomly restarts, random freezes)

The firmware is not the problem, both V7s were updated individually through ITCH (2.0) via USB connection. Then I connected 1 via USB and the other via Link. I have also recalibrated the deck (which is not in the V7 manual, i found the instructions in the NS6 manual) and still no success. I've noticed that it works better if i use the stock V7 mapper, without any customizations, but after a while it still fails. I've tried disabling the strip search to see if it was vibrations causing hardware issues, and still it fails. A single V7 works perfectly, that's why I decided to buy a second one.

My system:
WIN 7 Professional X64 SP1
Core i7 2620M @ 2.7 GHz
6GB ram

I finally broke out the old stable win XP 32bit laptop, and it worked, except that it's slow, the CPU bar stays around 30-60% while playing and the latency is not to my standards. So maybe the problem is the OS. I'm in the process of dual booting my newer laptop with WIN7 X86 to see if a 32bit barebones system will do the trick. If it's still not working, I'm going to install a 10 year old OS (XP) on a brand new Quad core Sandy Bridge laptop.

I will report back in a couple days.

Posté Fri 05 Aug 11 @ 6:32 am
73%