Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet virtual DJ + Hercules Rmx + windows 7= Driver Problem - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

are there actual virtual DJ ppl that log on here? i primarily bought my Hercules Rmx because it has virtual DJ. i tried it with my friend and loved it. i upgraded my OS into windows 7 because that same friend said that it would get rid of all the skipping thats been happening during my gigs. now the laptop isnt even recognizing the controller anymore.

yeah yeah yeah-- "download the new hercules driver"... i probably have done that 300 times since yesterday-- install, uninstall, install again. to no avail. and i have been reading the forum and saw that i'm not the only one having these problems.

it keeps saying that the drivers on my system is older than expected and that i have to re install the hercules driver again.

i'm at my wits end, brothers-- and i have a gig this saturday and i might have to resort to using my friend's seratto. which i have no experience with.

i have been an advocate of virtual DJ against all these "industry standard" screaming seratto bastards... but this crap is just frustrating the heck outta me and i am starting to think that they might be right.

i hope a fix will be found soon with this problem. within this week maybe if it isnt too much to ask, virtual DJ...

Posté Sun 11 Jul 10 @ 4:10 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Pardon me while I change the title of your thread...

Please visit and enter your serial number into your profile to fully access all the site features and plug ins.
http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html

We have a fully staffed support dept on this website and a team of Hercules people who monitor such situations also, but weekends may not be as available.

Let me first say, that driver issues are common, as are stuttering problems but all of which can be fixed.

The first problem that happens is windows discovers the device and installs generic drivers before the Hercules drivers can be run if you don't follow the guidelines exactly.

These must be uninstalled first by running the uninstall utility with the console disconnected, and leave it disconnected.
Then run the install package again from the Hercules website only and plug that console or Hercules hardware into your computer ONLY WHEN TOLD TO DO SO....sorry for the caps, but that is the most important step.
http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=177&cid=1

Pick a usb port and stick with it, do not move to other ports this will cause problems.

It may include rebooting, firmware update and re checking sound settings again.
Follow the directions exactly plugging an un plugging when prompted.
DO NOT PLUG IN DEVICE BEFORE ASKED TO DO SO.

The other problem is backside load on your cpu that can slow it down.
There are many reasons for skipping, crashes and freezing up, it can be complicated.

The most common problem is bloated operating systems that come installed on factory systems.
These operating systems are sometimes altered by the computer manufacturer so the operating system is not exactly as Microsoft issued forcing other programs and utilities like anti virus to be running unnecessarily.

If you are running Anti virus software, there is a good chance this is part of the problem.
Anti virus programs are extremely heavy and your system is running out of gas trying to handle vdj as well.
It is imperative that resources be available for this program to use or you will experience crashes and freeze ups.
There are tweeks available that will disable unnecessary windows features available providing the headroom to make things work properly.

I would first ask that you optimize your computer with the guide below, it is in Adobe pdf format and you may have to download the Adobe reader to open. It's free on the net.
Its well written and easy to follow.

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00364.pdf

The link below will help remove bloatware that runs unnecessarily on your computer.
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,67264-order,1-page,1/description.html

Posté Sun 11 Jul 10 @ 4:42 pm
thank you for the suggestions and monitoring the forums. i'm going to start doing 'em right now. step by step and update you guys on my progress. this might also help the multitude of users on this board that seem to be having the exact same problems as i do.

i tried your link for the computer bloating problems already and it's a broken one.

Posté Sun 11 Jul 10 @ 6:25 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Try pasting it to your browser.

Posté Sun 11 Jul 10 @ 6:59 pm
yep. did everything and got the same results. "the driver detected in your system is older than expected. please reinstall hercules driver". and i did your instructions to the T.

Posté Sun 11 Jul 10 @ 9:16 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I had this issue once and found out the cable was bad. Have you tried another USB cable?

Posté Sun 11 Jul 10 @ 9:24 pm
i will try and do that right now, thanx tearemup...

2 seconds later... no dice. thanx for the suggestion though brother.

i have half the mind to switch back to vista and re install using the CD that came with the hercules rmx

Posté Sun 11 Jul 10 @ 9:52 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
No, use the latest drivers from the Herc site. If you choose to go back to Vista is another matter....Also, make sure your using 64 or, 32 bit drivers depending on what OS your using.

Posté Sun 11 Jul 10 @ 9:57 pm
i got that. i know i have 32 so that's what i have been focusing on. i know its something with the driver. i uninstalling and reinstalling and re-doing every step for the 30th time today. hopefully 31st time is a charm...

Posté Sun 11 Jul 10 @ 10:11 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
The "older driver" problem occur because either/or:

- the previous driver were installed using another DJ console model, and you are now trying to install the new driver using another console,

- some file of the previous installation are not being updated correctly.

The solutions:

1) Install the driver using the previous DJ Console (if possible) or simply connecting both consoles.

2) Go to C:/Windows/System32/drivers folder and delete the following files:

- hdjbulk.sys
- hdjasiok.sys
- hdjmidi.sys

As these files are usually hidden, you will probably have to change your folder options to view them:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-vista/Show-hidden-files

Once done, restart the computer and launch the installation process again using the latest package.

Posté Mon 12 Jul 10 @ 6:13 am
Thank you so much djphatso! I actually saw you (or someone else) post this somewhere online before. But i didnt know the files were hidden. I was looking for them in my system 32 but cldnt find it. And no, i didnt have any other console. The cd that came with my hercules rmx specifixally said windows xp and vista-- no 7.

Cant wait to try this when i get home now. I have a feeling this will finally work. Thanks for your patience with me brothers!

Posté Mon 12 Jul 10 @ 10:55 am
it says you need permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this file. who the fuck is system?? im the administrator!!! i dont have to ask permission from anybody!!

Posté Mon 12 Jul 10 @ 9:12 pm
sometimes you get that for installing in the C drive. try installing outside of that,like under documents.then you wont have problems when moving files and modifying things which with an open archetechture program like vdj its common later on.

Posté Mon 12 Jul 10 @ 11:28 pm
i was successful in deleting the 3 files phatso mentioned. downloaded the hercules driver for the 900th time. installation went smoothly. it didnt say "drivers are older than expected. please re install hercules drivers"

re installed the virtual DJ 5 program (cause i uninstalled it). rebooted my system and pretty sure that this time itll work...

but it didnt. it still says "cannot detect controller" although its blinking right now like a firefly on crack.

i think my 2 month old hercules Rmx will be a $400 dust catcher/ paper weight. i am so disappointed and my gig is this saturday.

Posté Tue 13 Jul 10 @ 2:34 am
Hold on Xander.

1) You says " its blinking right now like a firefly on crack". Is this the case when simply connecting the Rmx to the computer or only after launching VDJ ?

IF this happens simply by connecting the Rmx to the computer, look at this document:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00384.pdf

If this happen only when launching VDJ, then...

2) Can you be more precise about which "Virtual DJ 5" you installed ? Is this the latest v5.2.2 downloaded from the VDJ site or the one that came on the CD (which might be older and not adequate for Windows 7)

Posté Tue 13 Jul 10 @ 6:41 am
Ok. Kewl-- thank you!! I havent tried that one. Ill get on it as soon as i get home. I tried that Virtual DJ update which you posted for someone else last nite. That one didnt work either.

Thanks again for tryin to solve these hercules/virtual dj driver issues with me...

Posté Tue 13 Jul 10 @ 12:22 pm
it's definotely the driver then. windows device manager saw the hercules controller. i clicked on it and its saying it cannot run the driver since the files are corrupted. im going to uninstall and then reinstall the driver again right now after i hit send. its crazy that for such a common problem, there isnt a solution found still. i have followed your instructions to the letter. now the only problem seems to be the hercules driver itself.i am out of time for it is already Wednesday and my gig is on Saturday. I do hope that you continually look for a solution for this windows 7 problem for the sake of the thousands of customers who bought your product.

you might have edited the title that i made for the thread (way go, free speech!!) but you cannot deny that the hercules Rmx with windows 7 is a complete utter fail.

Posté Thu 15 Jul 10 @ 2:38 am
Well, I can assure you that the Rmx ( and the other DJ products) works fine under Windows 7.

Just out of curiosity, when installing the most recent drivers,

- do you download them first (as in Save them to your computer and run the installation locally) ?

- or do you try to run the installation directly from the web site ?

In case of the second option, this could explain the corruption problems. You definitely need to download the complete driver package to your computer and run it from there.

As for editing the title, MP3Rick did that (as mentioned previously in the thread) to keep the forum easier for users who makes searches and address the subject at hand.

Posté Thu 15 Jul 10 @ 7:18 am
djkjjPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posté Sat 31 Jul 10 @ 12:48 pm
islakitPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I too am running into the exact same problems mentioned here. It all cropped up when I switched to Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit. Now I can't even get the blinking lights when I connect it. It's just dead. The message I get in the device mgr is "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". Not only am I having these issues on my desktop, my laptop is now experiencing the same thing. I've tried everything mentioned in the forums but nothing is working, not even the blinking lights. I am wondering now if the unit is fried.

Posté Thu 21 Jul 11 @ 12:46 am
87%