Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet How to create his sample Dj " Name of Dj "?? - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

hello all I want to know how to make a sample with his dj name??
thank you advance

Dj Chris974

Posté Mon 09 Aug 10 @ 8:31 am
plug a mic in vdj, go in record mode chek mic+master, shout your name in the mic, stop the record, you just made a sample of your dj name...

Posté Mon 09 Aug 10 @ 1:21 pm
get a music production DAW eg. abelton, fruity loops etc.. say something into a mic. Compress the shit out of your sample to make it all extremely loud (like a radio voice) run it through a process of effects eg. pitch, echo, phaser bitcrusher etc.. I'd probably recommend getting the efectrix vst pluggin as this has multiple effects on the one pluggin and you can sequence them as the clip is playing.
Then once your done... delete it! and use the skills you learnt making it to produce your own songs! Its all a matter of taste... but I think they're tacky! LOL
If you really want to keep the sample, just export it as a WAV or Mp3, and open it in Virtual Vinyl's sampler using the little bulls eye.
Good luck!

Posté Mon 09 Aug 10 @ 2:05 pm
ok ok but you would have no explanation easier because I get lost a bit synthet1c

Posté Mon 09 Aug 10 @ 3:08 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
zorgrage wrote :
plug a mic in vdj, go in record mode chek mic+master, shout your name in the mic, stop the record, you just made a sample of your dj name...

Posté Mon 09 Aug 10 @ 4:39 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Search the Web for Jingle Services.
There are many of them with good conditions.

Posté Tue 10 Aug 10 @ 4:01 am
if you have mac use garageband. It is more easier than anything.

Posté Tue 10 Aug 10 @ 6:39 am

Making good dj drops is an artform, and its not easy at all to make it sound good

Better to buy from some professionals, such as this one where you get 5 custom drops for less than 10 dollars
http://www.djdropsbywigman.com/

i've used his services many times

Posté Tue 10 Aug 10 @ 6:47 am
Sorry if you did not understand, basically fruity loops or ableton are programs that you can create music in using software synthesizers and sound samples. You are able to arrange these in virtual sequencers (like drum machines) and arrange your own song, I was suggesting using one of these types of program as you can control many different parameters of your song and add effects. These programs are one of the main ways people produce electronic music, and if you learn the basics it will open up your world to producing songs.
The good thing about these programs is that to start you don't need to know how to play an instrument or any music theory, as long as you can hold a beat (have rhythm) and know what you like in music (which as a dj you should be an expert at).

To start you would need to record a voice sample saying whatever you wish. then you would need to add an effect of a compressor over the whole sample. Compressors basically will squash a waveform (sound) so that the louder noises are made as low as the quiet ones, this seems like it would essentially be quieter, but in reality it makes everything louder for a more dramatic in your face effect, that a listener cannot ignore. An example of this would be a television commercial... Have you ever been watching a movie on television where the volume level feels normal then BAM! an advertisement comes on and blows you out of your chair? this is because the sound has been compressed so there is little range in the volume of the speech.

the second part is saying to use a VST effect, these are basically the same types of effects that are used in Virtual DJ, however, you have more parameters you can change, and your not playing with them live like in Virtual DJ you are sequencing them in your arrangement and are able to listen to over and over again until they sound perfect to you. I only suggested Effectrix because i find it the best for an application like this, but you should know its not cheap to buy, and probably a little difficult if you have never used any music production software before. So i would suggest using the native (built in) effects of whatever program you use as they will do exactly the same job, it will just take a little longer to do. When using effects, your the boss, you put in what suits you as there are no hard and fast rules, play around with them until you find something you like.

I suggested Fruity loops as it was the easiest way for me to get my head around using this type of software and offers instant gratification without having to know anything really, just follow the tutorials and learn the available features. I'm not sure if i can link it here so just google it.

When I said delete it... I meant it! LOL :-D but I play House, Techno, Breaks, Drum n bass, Hip Hop, not r n b or rap/crunk (whatever you call it nowadays)

By exporting it to a WAV (Waveform Audio File) or Mp3 (don't know what that stands for) it means save it so you can play it outside the program in anything that reads those formats eg Virtual DJ.

You can then load the sample you have made into Virtual DJ's sampler simply by going to the sampler browser window, you have 12 sample banks, choose an empty one, then click the small bulls eye and a menu will pop up, select load sample, use the browser to locate the sample you have just made and it will load into the sample bank. Map out a control either keyboard or midi (which ever you have) for the sample to play and you can then trigger the sample with that key anytime you want.

I hope this helps you to create your own sample.

Synthet1c

Posté Tue 10 Aug 10 @ 8:01 am
dj-in-norway wrote :

Making good dj drops is an artform, and its not easy at all to make it sound good

Better to buy from some professionals, such as this one where you get 5 custom drops for less than 10 dollars
http://www.djdropsbywigman.com/

i've used his services many times

I've used wigman too, he's great!

Posté Tue 10 Aug 10 @ 11:37 am

Posté Tue 10 Aug 10 @ 6:19 pm
ok but how do I register??

Posté Wed 11 Aug 10 @ 7:20 am
By connecting the entry line or Microphone (blue or red) at the audio exit (green)on your sound card

in audacity, select the entry (line or microphone) adjust volumes of recording,

Launch the recording and the reading simultaneously.

Posté Wed 11 Aug 10 @ 10:58 am
ok thank you

Posté Sat 14 Aug 10 @ 8:15 am
I just got Wigman drops, they are cool.

Anyone know of any female drop creators?

Posté Sat 14 Aug 10 @ 8:54 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006

Posté Sat 14 Aug 10 @ 9:06 am

Posté Sat 14 Aug 10 @ 10:23 am
@Ace, Ive recorded my girl sayin my name (that sounded better in my head, Lmfao!!) then made a drop from that recording. I guess you could just pull some chicks at your club to the side and tell them to say your name or a phrase in their sexist voice, again this all sounded better in my head, Lmao!!! Just tell they'll be featured on your next mistake, works everytime.

Huey

Posté Sat 14 Aug 10 @ 10:33 am
210995Home userMember since 2009
plss i want to know how to make my voice on my virtual dj pro........???

Posté Thu 03 Mar 11 @ 12:27 am

Posté Thu 03 Mar 11 @ 6:00 pm
36%