Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Numark Mixtrack slow jogwheel problem - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Works with the mixtrack now, I am spinning the wheel but it does not backspin at normal speed, it backspins very slow and this is no matter if a song is playing or paused, is the way it is supposed to work, any ideas please?

Posté Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 5:10 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Have you tried adjusting the jogwheel settings in the VDJ config?

Posté Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 9:36 am
If it is pitch bending instead of scratching, then you may have toggled it to CD mode instead of vinyl.

Go to CONFIG -> Options and check that Jog Mode is set to Vinyl.

Posté Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 2:50 pm
Thank you very much, works!

Posté Sun 16 Jan 11 @ 9:06 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Good to hear... happy backspinning!

Posté Sun 16 Jan 11 @ 10:51 am
If it is pitch bending instead of scratching, then you may have toggled it to CD mode instead of vinyl.

Go to CONFIG -> Options and check that Jog Mode is set to Vinyl.

Does the Numark DJIO Sound Card help the scratching be more precise (in real time). When I scratch its like it has a delay. My scratching is fast but the output sound of the scratching is slow. Will the Numark DJIO Sound Card help the scratching be more precise and not delayed?

Andre

Posté Fri 18 Feb 11 @ 8:28 pm
Please help! When I scratch, it'll scratch for a second then go to pitch bend! The scratch button in still enabled! I'm so frustrated. Been working on it for a few weeks now! It will stop when i restart Virtual Dj. But then itll go back. And also, scratch will only work if i am hold onto both jogwheels. Once i let go of one of them, it will go back o pitchbend. This is such weird behavior. I dont think its a hardware problem. Also, it will sometimes start scratching again!

Posté Mon 20 Jun 11 @ 11:02 pm
Btw, im using the Numark Mixtrack.

Posté Mon 20 Jun 11 @ 11:02 pm
I am using the Mixtrack Pro and I have seen the same problem. If I am scratching, I will see it go from scratch mode into pitch bend. For an experiment, I put a track on, used the jog wheel for about a half revolution, and doing this about twelve times, it goes into pitch bend. If I then leave the track playing, the scratch function sometimes comes back, but will flip to pitch bend after less backspins. If I load a new track, it comes back, but also will give out again after around twelve backspins.

Anyone else seen this? Is it some kind of buffering on the computer? Not enough memory? Too much sensitivity on the jog wheel?

I am using VDJ Pro 7, on Windows 7, 64-bit, 4GB RAM. I turn off anti virus and disable wireless networking when playing.

Regards,
Dru

Posté Mon 27 Jun 11 @ 4:51 pm
hey guys i too have had the same problem with the jog wheel and JUST bought my mixtrack pro 2 weeks ago. very frustrating especially when i am gigging I know i shouldn't really be using this hardware for gigging but other than the jog wheel giving out it suits some gigs. I m running a macbook pro 4gigs ram ....let me know if you find a fix thanks

Posté Tue 09 Aug 11 @ 6:37 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
seems to be a lot of prblems with MTP jogs. mine are shot to shit...cnat work them out.

Posté Tue 09 Aug 11 @ 8:09 pm
this is an interference problem from newer laptops.... i had a toshiba satillite as a backup laptop and it was working fine, but anytime i connected it to a comp model within the past couple years, i would have the same scratching problem! but i fixed the problem with something simple! AN ERASER! what you do is open your mixtrack and there is a open chip at the top, right above where the usb connects into the motherboard. i specially cut the eraser to fit right into the slot w/ like 10 pins or so (not sure how many) and place a small sliver eraser on the motherboard under the plastic casing around that chip. put some tape on it an BAM! no problems! if you want to test if this is the same problem your having, simply place your hand on the top and center of the mixer and move it away from the laptop a little bit and see if it helps. if so then plug it with the eraser and it should do the trick. it's ghetto, but you shouldn't have any problems from here on out.

Posté Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 2:13 am
or you could just buy a flight case for it and that will work too.... the eraser is the cheap fix

Posté Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 1:23 pm
DJcakeslayer wrote :
hey guys i too have had the same problem with the jog wheel and JUST bought my mixtrack pro 2 weeks ago. very frustrating especially when i am gigging I know i shouldn't really be using this hardware for gigging but other than the jog wheel giving out it suits some gigs. I m running a macbook pro 4gigs ram ....let me know if you find a fix thanks

There isn't any shame in using the mixtrack pro at gigs....That is my mobile gig setup equipment because I carry around enough stuff that is light....as long as it gets the job done u should be happy & not ashamed...

Posté Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 1:35 pm
The mixtrack pro jog wheels work different on virtual dj than any other software.

I thought i had this problem but then i found this out.

If you put your fingers on the outside of the jog wheel (the silver part) then this will adjust the pitch bend.

Now if you put your fingers on the top of the jog wheel (the black part) it will scratch.

Now what this meens is if you are scracthing with your fingers quite close to the out side of the jog wheel then one of your fingers my catch the outer silver part of the jog wheel causing it to pitch bend rather than scratch.

Hope this helps

Posté Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 3:55 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i like my mixtrack and thats coming from a vinyl guy

*i'm still vinyl for life*

Posté Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 8:11 pm
docwelHome userMember since 2011
Hi everyone, I have had my mixtrack for about six months and it has worked fine until now. I just started having the problem with the jog wheel going to pitchbend when I'm trying to scratch. It's an interference problem, in my case anytime I plug in the rca cables it happens, just listening thru the head phones it works fine. I thought it was some kind of ground problem at first so I tied a wire to one of the screws and touched the other end of the wire with my fingers and that also solved the interference problem, i know right , its weird. If i can find a simple solution to it I will post , I dont think I'm up for opening the mixtrack and sticking an erasor on the motherboard, well not yet anyways, I may change my mind after a couple more nights of pulling my hair trying to fix this darn thing.

Posté Fri 07 Oct 11 @ 12:47 am
well the rubber from the eraser blocks that interference. i've had it in there for about a month now and it works PERFECTLY!

Posté Fri 07 Oct 11 @ 3:10 pm
hdmixLE userMember since 2008
djphanz, please you can upload a picture , i have the = problem, but i don´t understand; my english is bad :::)))

Thanks!!!!!

Posté Mon 05 Dec 11 @ 4:47 pm
I am also having the same problem with the Mixtrack going into Pitch Bend when it's in Scratch mode. The problem has nothing to do with configuration settings or newer laptops. I'm using VDJ on a Mixtrack(non pro) with a desktop PC and my configuration settings are set correctly. There seems to be a lot of users experiencing this problem and it would be nice to get an answer from someone who knows what they're talking about.

Posté Sat 24 Dec 11 @ 7:52 pm
80%