Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Good songs to mix for a beginner? - Page: 3

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Where is the best place to place a mix in the song that is already playing. Or how long in a song do wait before you can put your mix. Thank you for cooperation

Posté Sun 21 Dec 14 @ 3:26 pm
sometimes the less you do is more if you know what i'm saying is, try to avoid over using effects and cutting in next track at the right moment is key for a good mix.
also take advantage of harmonic mixing in your sets will definitely make a huge difference.

Posté Sun 21 Dec 14 @ 7:57 pm
Fix you (coldplay) and Titanium

Posté Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 12:31 pm
Going to jump right in the end of a conversation

Best tracks to learn Dj'ing are classic trance tracks with songs 7 - 10 min long.

Long build up and long lead out with similar plethora of beats, and synergies

These tracks provide largest threshold for training exercises, while allowing the end user to try different functions and effects in a time frame unlike other modern tracks

Each to their own I say, but a great starting point. Tighten your form , and move onto modern music with less simple lead and let based on what you learn for previous forms

Regards, MICK_C

Posté Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 9:57 pm
how do i make something

Posté Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 5:02 am
Start by clicking here

Posté Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 5:18 am
DJ NWDMPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Guides, Classes, all that nonsence.
The best DJs play music with their heart, its not about tracks its not about beat its not about the crowd.
Its about what Makes YOU who you ARE.
You Play and put your heart and soul into each song your mixing and dont try to be like anyone eles experience The DJ thing and learn your STYLE then OWN it!!!
Mixing is practice and alot of it, I mean when you can pull off soggy bottomboys with andrews sisters while bangin it with 2pac and mozart thats skill!!

Posté Wed 08 Jul 15 @ 5:38 pm
My "Get the Party Started" 128bpm set for weddings (all extended mixes):

I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
Timber - Pitbull ft. Ke$ha
Good Feeling - Flo Rida ft. Avicci
I Love It - Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX (acapella intro...mix with the 8 bar outro)
Feel So Close - Calvin Harris
Good Time - Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen

For an older crowd at 128bpm, I'd recommend:

You Spin Me Round (Club Mix) - Dead Or Alive
Planet Earth - Duran Duran
In A Big Country (Extended Mix) - Big Country
It's My Life (Extended Mix) - Talk Talk
Telephone Operator - Pete Shelley
Missionary Man - Eurythmics
Venus - Bananarama
Blue Monday (12" Club Mix) - New Order

Posté Fri 17 Jul 15 @ 9:47 pm
can anyone guess some songs/edm that works nicely and are cool to be mixed

Posté Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 2:05 am
TstanPRO InfinityMember since 2014
I've just picked up some pioneer decks, where's a good place/ what's a good thing to learn first? Where do I begin?

Thanks

Posté Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 1:45 pm
Go to YouTube and watch some ellaskins (DJ Tutor) videos.

Posté Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 5:36 pm
A classic (to me) Down With The Sickness - Disturbed loop intro and play Till I Collapse - Eminem played over disturbed intro. Mess with eq and sounds great. Sample the Ohh Waa Ah Ah Ah that david from disturbed dose and pop that in evey now and then. They are also the BPM.

Posté Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 10:27 pm
Whats a good song to mix?

Posté Sun 18 Oct 15 @ 3:01 am
thenoize wrote :
Whats a good song to mix?

Start with what music you listen to. Find something with a long intro and a long exit. Long meaning 32 - 64 beats. There's more to that with Harmonic Key Mixing but start there.

Posté Wed 04 Nov 15 @ 11:33 pm
I just find a song that I really like (It helps a lot if you like it!) then I add kick clap or hihat and then i play with the beatgrid and other effects, practise until i can perform flawlessly then record. I do this with most of my tracks here: https://soundcloud.com/johnnyjdj

Posté Sun 17 Jan 16 @ 9:40 pm
I would suggest try to play around with songs with the same bpm. It's not as challenging but as a beginner, once you mix two songs together, it will give you tremendous joy / confidence. So get tracks that have the same BPM and work your way up.

Posté Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 7:26 pm
google "mixing in key" ... this guide will help you understand the library scan key detection usefulness... especially in conjunction with tailored "filter folders".

Try mixing two songs in the same key, and similar tempo if you can.... (for lesser sound warp artifacts)

That should be easy, especially if the tracks are on the same beat, really it's no effort.

Otherwise, make sure deck tempos are synced, and that keys are matched or compatible, shifting keys and tempo is all you need. Wave and FLAC are best, mp3 a bit less so if there is a big diff...

Posté Sat 06 Feb 16 @ 10:58 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)