Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Loop on beat?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Maybe there is a way to do this inside the software already, but it would be nice if when I started a loop the loop automatically sync'ed to the nearest beat.

Posté Sun 22 May 11 @ 9:02 pm
Try turning on smart loop and see if that helps. On the default skin its one of the padlocks.

Hope that helps
Huey

Posté Sun 22 May 11 @ 9:43 pm
I did that, I assumed that would be what "smart loop" does - but it doesn't make a difference.

Posté Sun 22 May 11 @ 9:51 pm
smart loop just cleans up the loop size, and makes them in multiples or fractions of 4 when you manually press loop in and loop out... I don't think this is that important because no matter where you make the loop if smart loop is on it still sounds good and stays in time with the playing track, but you could always use a hot cue on the loop in point, or engage a loop then hit a hot cue and it will jump to that point. Obviously if your saving a loop to record on to the sampler you should position the loop exactly before recording, this should not be done on the fly.

Posté Sun 22 May 11 @ 11:28 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
You'll have to quantize that yourself by triggering the loop on the down beat or up beat by ear, but yes this would be nice to automate this feature with options of course...

++

Joey...

Posté Mon 23 May 11 @ 4:55 pm
The most frustrating part of the loop not quantizing is when you try to go into a loop roll. If the loop does not start exactly on the beat, dropping it down to a 1/2 beat sounds lousy.

Posté Wed 25 May 11 @ 6:50 am
you can always use the loop_move feature its built into the default 2 deck skin, it will move the position of the loop without changing the length.

I have it mapped to an endless encoder so I can clean up loops if I need to. It's just
param_greater 50% ? deck default loop_move +0.01 : deck default loop_move -0.01

sort of off topic but, I actually think it sounds good to move the loop when your making a loop build, but more when you get into the 1/8 to 1/16th of a beat area, it gives the build a bit of movement in the sound

Posté Wed 25 May 11 @ 8:59 am
B0Xx3dHome userMember since 2011
synthet1c how do you get those loops? on my VDJ I only have 1-2-4-8-16-32?? please let me know how i can get 1/8 1/2 and 1/4 cheers.

Posté Sun 27 Nov 11 @ 9:10 am
to go smaller or larger than standard you need to map
loop 50% (to half the loop size)
loop 200% (to double the loop size)

or you can set the size on a button eg
loop 0.125 (for a 1/8th)
loop 0.0625 (for a 1/16th)

and a heads up to all the pro users, kaleo's plugin "loop games" actually has a function to loop on beat! and you can turn the other alternate play thing off, which I have never found a use for.

Posté Sun 27 Nov 11 @ 9:23 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)