Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet BeatGrid 2.0 - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hi Everyone
I've only been using VDJ since 5.2, so I'm not sure how long the effect's actually existed, but it's obvious it needs some upgrades.
Now, I've also been testing out Deckadance Lately just for fun, and I've noticed it has a very similar effect known as the "relooper" which has a similar appearance, but seems to be capable of a bit more. As atomix was the company to first figure this out, and because i'm sure they want to stay on top with this technology, I have a few suggestions for things to add to it. As most are possible with the Deckadance Relooper or extensions of the existing effect, my guess is the code for BeatGrid Could Be Adapted for use in this way as well.

So anyway, My ideas Are

-A Mappable GUI in order to allow Controllers like Launchpads, Monomes, etc. to be able to control functions
(Something Like this for the Kaleo TK Filter and the Macourteau Equalizers For Touchscreen Controllers Probably wouldn't be a bad idea either)

-Capability to split sections into 1/8, and 1/16 beats

-Storage for 10 patterns

-An 8 beat pattern option

-Pattern Reverser

-Pattern Randomizer

-The Ability to silence sections

-The ability to clone patterns from the grids of other decks

-and generally for effects, Settings pages for ALL DECKS IN THE SKIN!!! :P

So, that's my thoughts on this, what do you all think?

Posté Mon 24 Oct 11 @ 11:06 pm
djcataract wrote :
been using VDJ since 5.2

what do you all think?

I think that if you've been using VDJ that long, you should be registered....

Posté Tue 25 Oct 11 @ 10:27 am
on the idea, not the fact i've so far bought hardware.

Posté Tue 25 Oct 11 @ 11:11 am
+ 1 on registered

Posté Tue 25 Oct 11 @ 2:14 pm
ffs, you people always seem to focus on the wrong thing...

Posté Tue 25 Oct 11 @ 2:30 pm
+1 on the beat grid annnnnnnd +1 on becoming a registered user ;-)

Good Day
Huey

Posté Tue 25 Oct 11 @ 2:34 pm
Nothing wrong with the idea, and nothing wrong with paying for software. So don't know what the ffs was for?

Posté Tue 25 Oct 11 @ 2:39 pm
As VDJ 8 is going to be completely rewritten, this seems like the ideal time to implement it...

Posté Sun 13 Nov 11 @ 6:51 pm
it should also be mappable, it would be great if everything was mappable as in the repeat blocks on the gui, so you could usee something like a launchpad to control, but you should atleast make the scene buttons mappable effect buttons...

Posté Sun 13 Nov 11 @ 7:08 pm
yeah, that was the main reason I came up with it, I've got a launchpad, and it'd be perfect for this, the other issue though is defining it beyond the simple MIDI wrapper. That was kind of my other Idea, some sort of app to help create definition files with greater ease.

Posté Sun 13 Nov 11 @ 7:42 pm
there is already a tool developed by chackl to make defining a breeze, but it is only available to registered pro users...

Posté Sun 13 Nov 11 @ 8:40 pm
If it puts any of your minds at ease, a boxed copy of Cue 7 IS on the list, and very high priority on it too. Atomix has more than proved it's worth to me, It's just getting the cash together to buy it now.

Posté Tue 15 Nov 11 @ 8:18 pm
you should just get it from here, cause it's going to cost you an extra $50 to upgrade cue to vdj, because if you don't you may miss out on the release date of vdj8, if numark hasn't approved it in time..

Posté Tue 15 Nov 11 @ 11:31 pm
wait, the cue upgrade costs extra?! That's absolute BS.

Posté Wed 16 Nov 11 @ 7:47 pm
If you have the full Numark Cue, then updates are currently free just like VirtualDJ Pro. No change has been made to this policy nor are there any plans to do so.

However, Numark performs additional checking before releasing any updates to their software, so you when a new version is released, you may need to wait.

For those that don't want to wait and want the latest version as soon as its released, we offer a $49 crossgrade fee to switch to the full VirtualDJ Pro. This is optional.

Posté Thu 17 Nov 11 @ 8:37 am
ah, well I can wait a bit longer for updates, that's not so big an issue, but making people pay $50 for the exact same software? I mean come on.

Posté Sat 19 Nov 11 @ 10:12 pm
anyway, back to the original point, a "triplet" option for songs like FML by deadmau5, equinox by skrillex, and hardstyle/jumpstyle tracks would also be good to try and add. the current version sounds absolutely atrocious when you try to use it with those kinds of tracks :P

Posté Sat 19 Nov 11 @ 10:16 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
djcataract wrote :
ah, well I can wait a bit longer for updates, that's not so big an issue, but making people pay $50 for the exact same software? I mean come on.

Now think of it from a commercial aspect - the two products are sold by two different companies.

Posté Sun 20 Nov 11 @ 4:07 am
true

Posté Wed 23 Nov 11 @ 6:48 pm
ChacklPRO InfinityMember since 2007
OK - Will have a look at the beginning of December - Maybe we are able to build up another great beatgrid!!!

Posté Thu 24 Nov 11 @ 2:31 am
56%