Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet VMS4 or Numark N4

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

My current set up is 2 Numark V7s and 250DJM by Pioneer, and I'm looking to get something more mobile to be able to play at clubs easier. The VMS4 and N4 both have the XLR's which is the most important, and both seem to have the ability to meet my needs, but the VMS4 looks more """"(bare with me)..... serious...."""" = It looks like it has a stronger and non plastiky feel to it, but is I subside on that, thoughts?

Posté Thu 29 Mar 12 @ 2:01 am
I preffer the Numark N4. I dont know how the new VMS4 decks are but, i still wont buy it coming from owning the frist Vms4 deck. The Numark is made of plastic but, It performs really good. These days, many decks looks simiilar but, Its all about how it responds. The Sound Quality, The faders and jogs. Many have these features and not all respond the same way.

Posté Thu 29 Mar 12 @ 9:39 pm
Has your Vms4 given you any problems? I hear its tricky to set up with virtual dj pro?

Posté Fri 30 Mar 12 @ 5:07 am
Lizzi33Home userMember since 2012
I own a Numark N4, and it has been great for small clubs. It was not plug and play by any means with Virtual DJ, but once I worked through all of the issues (cue, sync, and cross fade were failing to work properly), it has been a dream to mix with. It's light and not very bulky so it makes it easy to transport. It *is* plastic, but doesn't feel cheap at all. Good luck!

Posté Sat 31 Mar 12 @ 6:59 pm
vicdarbPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I have just got the N4, and I like it... having a few mapping issues also but beatmatching a dream, nice jogs and like the four decks functionality too. Yes its 'plasticky' but feels solidly built and allows multiple inputs etc.

Posté Sun 01 Apr 12 @ 2:48 pm
omzysyPRO InfinityMember since 2020
VMS4 is garbage........ worst experience I ever had with sound and the controller overall !

Posté Sun 01 Apr 12 @ 9:34 pm
djshong , what experience did you have with it. Seems like I'm going to be set with the N4, but I was wondering what made you have a bad experience with it ; give me a good reason why I shouldnt buy a VMS4.1

Posté Mon 02 Apr 12 @ 12:51 am
GraomiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I am going to join this thread as I had pretty much decided on the VMS4.1 but have been worried about all the bad reviews.

Even though I DJ regularly, around 3-4 times a week I just cant afford to go up to the Denon MC6000 (which was my other thought) and feel it may also be a bit cramped for my fat fingers! The VMS4.1 seemed to have everything I needed but the feature list on the N4 seems very similar. My only concern with the N4 was that you cant replace the crossfader and they do seem to go on me.

Here in Cyprus there is very little chance to try these things out so as long as you guys reckon the N4 is sturdy and solid I think I will go for that. (Not that I am going to blame you all if I dont like it LOL).

John xx

Posté Mon 02 Apr 12 @ 4:19 am
gullumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I really don't know why there is so much hate against the VMS4 I've been using mine for over a year now in clubs and large venues and not once had any problems with it. I've made enough money on DJ'ing to be able to buy any of the controllers one the marked. I know there are some microphone problems but I never use a mic. And the VMS4.1 fixes all the so called problems of VMS4. So I will highly recommend the 4.1 to anyone and there is only 20€ price difference between the original and 4.1 on thomann.de The N4 looks good too but is only a 2 channel analog mixer. And the buttons look really small.
Anyway just my toughts a Happy VMS4 user.

Posté Mon 02 Apr 12 @ 5:10 am
The N4 is Midi. You can also use it as a analog mixer. Here is a little info about the N$ from Numark :

Essential Elements

Of course, N4 comes equipped with an intuitive layout of faders, knobs and buttons that feel great, provide the right amount of resistance and are built to " withstand abuse " . Each deck is outfitted with standard DJ tools including a pitch fader with key-lock control, looping controls, and effect and sampling controls. Four Video Fade selectors are also on-board to give you video mixing capability when using Virtual DJ.** 14-bit high-resolution MIDI is also on board to give you ultra-tight control and respons

Before buying any deck, DON'T go by looks.

Posté Mon 02 Apr 12 @ 8:02 am
I literally can't decide. Both have mixed reviews, and yet I feel more pushed on to the N4 than the VMS4.1 , it seems both will take a small bit of set up. If I already have Virtual Dj 7 Pro - Will I still need to install the LE Version in order for any of them to work? Or is it just plug and play? How do I set up the N4 to use as an analog mixer?

Posté Sat 07 Apr 12 @ 4:07 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
You don't need to instal the LE version.
They are plug and play for the controller part, but for the soundcard you have to setup the asio driver.
Vms4.1 has dedicated asio driver from american audio, while Numark use the generic asio4all driver.
The N4 is analog mixer only for the external sources connected to its inputs, but for dj software it is only midi. The vms 4.1 is both analog and/or midi mixer for virtualdj (you can choose external mixer setup in virtualdj).

Posté Sun 08 Apr 12 @ 5:27 am
So the mixer literally controls the software? My crossfader will move on screen as when I move it on the controller?

Posté Sun 08 Apr 12 @ 4:41 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)