Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Play cue while pressed or # of beats.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

903djPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I'm not sure how the mapping is read by VDJ. Does it reads it like a series of commands or does it read the mapping as one complete command and can there be conditions within the mapping?

Currently I've set my Akai LPD8 to play a cue while pressed (i.e. hot_cue 1 while_pressed). Can I map a pad on my LPD8 to play a cue while_pressed and if held for say 2 seconds it plays 8 beats and then stops?

Posté Wed 20 Jun 12 @ 11:12 pm
vdj reads script consecutively so if you say

deck 1 goto_cue 1 & deck 1 loop 4

it will jump to the cue first then loop, you can reverse it though so it loops first then goes to the cue. You won't notice any difference in this simple script but when you make more complicated ones it does sometimes matter what order you put it in.

You can't currently use waiting in scripts however it is possible in djdecks so there is a chance it might be included in version 8, but you will need to register your pro serial to be eligible to upgrade when it's released.

Posté Wed 20 Jun 12 @ 11:38 pm
903dj wrote :
Can I map a pad on my LPD8 to play a cue while_pressed and if held for say 2 seconds it plays 8 beats and then stops?

No.

There is a "Holding ?" verb that you can use but it doesn't work the way you want.

I will give you a brief example with the following command:
holdind 2000 ms ? loop 8 : loop 4

This command will work as following:
Press the button down: NOTHING happens
Keep the button down for less than 2sec then release the button: Deck will loop with 4 beats
Keep the button down for more than 2sec then release the button: Deck will loop with 8 beats

In both cases, the action will be executed when you RELEASE the button.

Posté Thu 21 Jun 12 @ 3:25 am
synthet1c wrote :
vdj reads script consecutively so if you say

deck 1 goto_cue 1 & deck 1 loop 4

it will jump to the cue first then loop, you can reverse it though so it loops first then goes to the cue. You won't notice any difference in this simple script but when you make more complicated ones it does sometimes matter what order you put it in.

You can't currently use waiting in scripts however it is possible in djdecks so there is a chance it might be included in version 8, but you will need to register your pro serial to be eligible to upgrade when it's released.

I'm currently evaluating the 20 day trial and plan on purchasing Pro once If I can figure out some of the mapping I'm wanting.

If I said

deck 1 goto_cue 1 & deck 1 loop 4 & goto_cue 2

Would it go to cue point 1 and play 4 beats and then jump to cue 2? Or will the loop continue until a loop_out.

Posté Thu 21 Jun 12 @ 7:58 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
903dj wrote :
Can I map a pad on my LPD8 to play a cue while_pressed and if held for say 2 seconds it plays 8 beats and then stops?

No.

There is a "Holding ?" verb that you can use but it doesn't work the way you want.

I will give you a brief example with the following command:
holdind 2000 ms ? loop 8 : loop 4

This command will work as following:
Press the button down: NOTHING happens
Keep the button down for less than 2sec then release the button: Deck will loop with 4 beats
Keep the button down for more than 2sec then release the button: Deck will loop with 8 beats

In both cases, the action will be executed when you RELEASE the button.

Is the "?" to tell VDJ that your are going to provide options in this case loop 8 or loop 4 separated by a ":" and based on the conditional previous statement holdind 2000ms? If more than 2000ms you loop 8 beats or less than you loop 4 beats.

I'm surprised that VDJ doesn't see a press as a less than 2000ms hold.

Could I do this:
cue 1 while_pressed & holdind 2000 ms ? loop 8 : loop 4

So that it would start playing while pressed and then either loop 4 or loop 8 depending on elapsed time from press to release?

Posté Thu 21 Jun 12 @ 8:09 am
unfortunately "holding" is only activated when you release the button, so that script will play from cue 1 while you are holding the button then on release jump back to where it was in the track prior to pressing and loop from there. So in short the computer starts counting when you press and performs the action on release depending on how long you held it for. You can specify any amount of time you like eg

holding 1000ms ? action if held for 1 second or longer : action if held for less than 1 second

Posté Thu 21 Jun 12 @ 1:42 pm
903dj wrote :

If I said

deck 1 goto_cue 1 & deck 1 loop 4 & goto_cue 2

Would it go to cue point 1 and play 4 beats and then jump to cue 2? Or will the loop continue until a loop_out.

All actions are performed sequentially AT ONCE.

So, the above action would:
1. Jump to cue 1
2. Initiate a 4 beat loop starting from cue 1
3. Jump to cue 2

All these stuff would be performed in some milliseconds and the "final" result would be a 4 beat loop playing from cue-point 2!

The reason is that VDJ doesn't de-activate a loop when you jump between cue-points.

I'll give you a similar example:
deck 1 goto_cue 1 & deck 1 loop 4 & deck 1 loop_exit
Actions performed against deck 1:
1. Jump to cue 1
2. Initiate a 4 beat loop starting from cue 1
3. Remove the loop

Since all these actions are performed at once, the "result" will be the deck 1 to jump back on cue 1 and nothing more!

I suspect that you would wish for a "Jump to cue 1, loop 4 beats once, then release the loop" command to be possible. Unfortunately it's not!

Posté Fri 22 Jun 12 @ 2:10 am
So there isn't really a way to set a cue point at the beginning of a 4 beat sample within a loaded track and then map a controller to go to cue 1 play 4 beats, not loop and nothing more?

Posté Fri 22 Jun 12 @ 8:04 am
No

Posté Fri 22 Jun 12 @ 11:00 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
No

Thanks PhantomDeejay. I'll play around using play/pause and samples to do what I want.

Posté Fri 22 Jun 12 @ 11:03 am
MauritsJControlleristMember since 2016
903dj wrote :
I'm not sure how the mapping is read by VDJ. Does it reads it like a series of commands or does it read the mapping as one complete command and can there be conditions within the mapping?

Currently I've set my Akai LPD8 to play a cue while pressed (i.e. hot_cue 1 while_pressed). Can I map a pad on my LPD8 to play a cue while_pressed and if held for say 2 seconds it plays 8 beats and then stops?

You should make it like toggle ("hot_cue 1") while_pressed if I'm right, give me feedback please

Posté Sun 23 Jul 17 @ 4:37 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
5 years later, I doubt it's needed

Posté Sun 23 Jul 17 @ 4:54 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)