Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VMS4.1 Problems - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hi. I have the VMS4.1 and I use my friends laptop who has Virtual DJ Pro installed into it. I'm using the VMS4.1 skin and for some reason all controls for deck 3 are acting as a master volume for deck's 1 and 3. How do i fix this?

Also, how do i split the music from master output and my headphones. I want to be able to prelisten to songs using my headphones without it being able to be heard from the output speakers, and is there a way for my left side headphones to play one deck and my right side headphones to play another?

Posté Tue 04 Dec 12 @ 8:37 pm
i'll try to help the best i can

this is the easiest way to get started, with 2 decks

when looking directly ontop of the unit, look at the top, you'll notice the two inside mixer rows are labled midi 2 and 3

2 is left deck, 3 is right deck, or deck A and deck B. however you want to remember it.

now on the front of the unit, you need to set 2 & 3 aka A & B to USB, you also need to set the CF left side to A (2) and right side to B (3).

set CF to NORMAL, set the CF curve, and set your headphones to your liking, from your post, all the way to CUE. *edit* set to 4 OUT

NOW with the unit plugged in via power pack AND usb cable, turn on the unit (don't touch the jogs), now start VDJ.

*so you don't blow your ears or speakers/headphones please read this if you want*
on the mixer set all, bass, mid, high, and gains to 0 (middle, halfway, 12 oclock). next turn your booth and master 1/4 up (9 oclock). and in the software turn the master knob down (with your mouse) to halfway (12 oclock) or less than 12, to your liking. i noticed if i don't do this the headphone output is super loud. i also said to turn your booth, because i'm not sure if your hooking up speakers through the RCA booth out. you should really be using the XLR out. if your using booth, then this could also be part of your issue, but continue on and we'll see. (i always use XLR)
oh and turn your headphones less than 1/4 way (8-9 oclock should be ok).

now load a track on to each deck (a&b or 1&2 however you want to remember this) then slide your cross fader all the way to the left and hit play.

turn your channel 2 and 3 volume faders up NO louder than 0, adjust the main volume if need be.

you should now hear out of the left track, fade to the right just to see if it cuts it off. now fade back to the left via cross fader. hit play on the right deck, you shouldn't hear it out of the main mix (speakers hooked to unit). now above the channel 3 volume fader you'll see a square button, this is to set right deck to cue out of the headphones. press it. you should now see it light up and hear the right track coming out of the headphones. if you want to hear left track, you have to turn right track off, then turn left track on. you'll also see it light up on channel selected in VDJ depending on the controller skin you are using. if you don't disengage it prior to switching, sometimes you have to click with the mouse (it gets confused and you can fix it in the controller mapping, but as of right now we're just covering the basics.)

i hope this helps you out.

good luck

Posté Wed 05 Dec 12 @ 12:15 am
Please be aware that VirtualDJ Pro serial numbers cannot be shared or used by multiple users.

The End User License Agreement (EULA) allows up to two installations at any time, but this is for the license owner's personal use only as a backup on stand-by. It cannot be shared, loaned or rented to any other user. Doing so is a violation of the EULA and may result in their license being cancelled.

The only exception would be if you have taken your VMS4.1 to your friend's house to try out and are using it under their supervision on their primary computer.

You can try out the full Pro software yourself on your own computer by simply activating the included 20 day trial of Pro in VirtualDJ LE or alternatively by downloading Home FREE (This allows Pro features to be tried for 10 minutes at a time.)

You can upgrade from VirtaulDJ Pro to the full Pro at a discount by going to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posté Wed 05 Dec 12 @ 6:01 am
Does anyone have a solution for the latency issue with the vms4.1

Posté Sun 03 Mar 13 @ 11:04 am
what latency? i haven't experienced any sort of latency in audio or control response

Posté Mon 04 Mar 13 @ 9:25 am
While broadcasting or recording I get noise for a few sec then it clears up then it happens again

Posté Thu 07 Mar 13 @ 9:21 pm
how are you recording? are you using the vms as a controller and using the internal sound card, or are you routing your outputs into a line in to your internal card? and then there is the other, ADJ ASIO 8 in 2 out....

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VMS4%20/%20VMS4.1.html

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Recording%20your%20set%20or%20broadcasting%20when%20using%20an%20external%20DJ%20mixer.html

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Ground%20Loops.html

here are some links to help you in your journey, good luck

(ps. when i'm doing any recording, i don't do it live, i actually do it in the privacy of my own home. so i just use the vms4.1 as JUST a controller, and i actually have a duplicated .xml mapping i use with all the fake_ actions removed, i then use the computers internal sound card. but i don't do alot of recording, i do more live performances than anything)

Posté Thu 07 Mar 13 @ 10:10 pm
I'm using the vms4.1 to broadcast and routing the outputs to my internal card to record. I only get the noise when using the vms4.1.when broadcasting directly from my computer no problems. I'm using a mac

Posté Mon 11 Mar 13 @ 11:20 am
try using the vms4.1 without the power plugged in, run strictly off usb. if you still get a buzz, try running off just the laptop battery. if you still get a buzz, next step would be higher quality usb cable from the vms to laptop, also make sure your using a usb 2.0 port. I run ferrite chokes on all my cables, usb, power, even my external HD cable. when running back into your computer make sure your running RCA booth out into 3.5 LINE IN on the internal card, not MIC. you can also pick up a cheap USB soundcard off ebay to test if what I said prior doesn't help. you can get ferrite chokes at Radio Shack in 2 packs for a few bucks.

hope this helps

-cheers

Posté Wed 13 Mar 13 @ 1:22 am

Posté Fri 15 Mar 13 @ 2:47 pm
link doesn't work, I may not have gotten to your post in time. did you try any of the other methods I suggested? I think your getting interference from your laptop/pc. which are you using? laptop?

i'm going to need more information to help you. are you going booth or master to 3.5 line in back into your internal sound card? are you SURE its a LINE in and not a MIC in?

are you using a MIC with the VMS 4.1? because I DID come across an issue where my friend had a mic that went XLR to 1/4 and I heard a buzz when I tried using MY mic (which ive only used XLR cables) with his cable, but we used HIS mic and the buzzing stopped. Try turning off the mic button, or unplug it. if this stops the buzzing then I suggest getting a better XLR mic and using XLR to XLR input for it.

Posté Tue 19 Mar 13 @ 12:09 am
secretseven wrote :
link doesn't work, I may not have gotten to your post in time. did you try any of the other methods I suggested? I think your getting interference from your laptop/pc. which are you using? laptop?

i'm going to need more information to help you. are you going booth or master to 3.5 line in back into your internal sound card? are you SURE its a LINE in and not a MIC in?

are you using a MIC with the VMS 4.1? because I DID come across an issue where my friend had a mic that went XLR to 1/4 and I heard a buzz when I tried using MY mic (which ive only used XLR cables) with his cable, but we used HIS mic and the buzzing stopped. Try turning off the mic button, or unplug it. if this stops the buzzing then I suggest getting a better XLR mic and using XLR to XLR input for it.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did try the methods u suggest still having the same issue. I'm using the new macbook pro 17". I'm using the booth output of the vms4.1 into my line input of my laptop. The mic is not the issue the mic works fine.

here's the link again => http://virtualdjradio.com/djsets/djset.php?mixid=5032-2

Posté Tue 19 Mar 13 @ 4:13 pm
you need to try unhooking things to single out your problem. to me it sounds like distortion at the beginning, like something is wrong with the internal sound cards recording settings. also make sure the built in mic on the laptop isn't actively recording.

Posté Tue 19 Mar 13 @ 11:48 pm
secretseven wrote :
you need to try unhooking things to single out your problem. to me it sounds like distortion at the beginning, like something is wrong with the internal sound cards recording settings. also make sure the built in mic on the laptop isn't actively recording.

ok it is a internal sound card settings with record loopback and microphone settings in advance config. I'll have to purchase an external sound card and try it that way. Do you have a recommended sound that I should look at getting.

Posté Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 4:33 pm
you should be able to just disable the internal mic if its causing an issue, atleast you can in windows..... I won't go there, but anywho... just hop on ebay and look for some USB sound cards.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-6-Channel-5-1-External-Audio-Sound-Card-S-PDIF-/181042913304?pt=US_Sound_Card_External&hash=item2a26ffa018

http://www.ebay.com/itm/External-USB-2-0-6-Channel-7-1-Audio-Sound-Card-Orange-/170556108076?pt=US_Sound_Card_External&hash=item27b5efad2c

little more expensive but name brand

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Creative-Labs-Sound-Blaster-X-Fi-Surround-5-1-Pro-24-bit-USB-External-Sound-/160727974036?pt=US_Sound_Cards_Internal_&hash=item256c224094

or you can get something like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alesis-Multimix-8-USB-Mixer-/130871852294?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7891fd06

I have one of these, but I also record guitar and vocals for people. but ive used it to record from my vms4.1, heck even CASSETTE TAPES!!! you remember those?!? lol

I "could" be wrong, but i'm pretty sure the recording between MIC and LINE IN has different properties, such as mono/stereo, so i'd get something with a LINE IN.

hope this helps, good luck

-cheers

Posté Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 10:21 pm
secretseven wrote :
you should be able to just disable the internal mic if its causing an issue, atleast you can in windows..... I won't go there, but anywho... just hop on ebay and look for some USB sound cards.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-6-Channel-5-1-External-Audio-Sound-Card-S-PDIF-/181042913304?pt=US_Sound_Card_External&hash=item2a26ffa018

http://www.ebay.com/itm/External-USB-2-0-6-Channel-7-1-Audio-Sound-Card-Orange-/170556108076?pt=US_Sound_Card_External&hash=item27b5efad2c

little more expensive but name brand

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Creative-Labs-Sound-Blaster-X-Fi-Surround-5-1-Pro-24-bit-USB-External-Sound-/160727974036?pt=US_Sound_Cards_Internal_&hash=item256c224094

or you can get something like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alesis-Multimix-8-USB-Mixer-/130871852294?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7891fd06

I have one of these, but I also record guitar and vocals for people. but ive used it to record from my vms4.1, heck even CASSETTE TAPES!!! you remember those?!? lol

I "could" be wrong, but i'm pretty sure the recording between MIC and LINE IN has different properties, such as mono/stereo, so i'd get something with a LINE IN.

hope this helps, good luck

-cheers

Thanks for all your help Secretseven I finally got it resolved by using the external sound like you said but that's on windows computer still trying to get it right on my mac.

Posté Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 2:07 pm
Hi
I was hoping someone could help me with the problem I have recording in VirtualDj Pro. Every time I click the record tab or even the slider with the record tab, my speakers sound like they are gonna blow. I have to click the slider again, (real fast) to turn it down with the mouse or hurry to the amp.. Is there a setting I'm missing?
Thanks hope you can help!

Posté Mon 10 Jun 13 @ 11:24 am
babyboomerdj, unless your question is in regards to JUST the vms4 or 4.1 i would suggest starting a new topic. but to quickly answer, try turning your booth monitor completely down, and if you have any mics such as external or built into the laptop, you might want to turn those down/off. sounds to me like you are getting feed back from somewhere. and with that said, you might also have your windows audio settings to record "stereo mix".

Posté Sat 15 Jun 13 @ 5:00 pm
I have since bought the vms 4.1 today I got it geintstaleerd on my laptop. (it's a macbook pro from last year) and in the beginning he did it though.
After a while the program no longer worked.
or he closed off or he started to do strange things to change channels no longer scratching.
I do have the 20 day trial pro version tried maby there to light it can someone help me?

Posté Fri 09 Aug 13 @ 5:14 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
which version of vdj do you use exactly ?
Have a look at config/ info

Posté Mon 12 Aug 13 @ 9:47 am
63%