Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Video Codecs for recording video mixes on VDJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello, does anyone know where I can find some good, clean & free video codecs so I can record my video mixes on VDJ?

Posté Sat 08 Dec 12 @ 12:35 pm

Posté Sat 08 Dec 12 @ 12:43 pm
Thanks for the quick feed back. I have some questions though. Once I download this is there any set up or changes I need to make in the VDJ settings? I see there is a free trail version. Can I try this and see if it solves my issues and then pay for it? What did you have to do when you installed this to get it to work?

I m trying to record videos but I keep getting codec errors and on one of the codecs it records very choppy. Your feedback is much appreciated.

Posté Sat 08 Dec 12 @ 12:51 pm
No changes need to be made to VDJ. The only setup with FRAPS will be, you need to assign a hotkey that will start/stop the recording and choose the soundcard to record from. Other then that it's a pretty straight forward process. I will say it does record in AVI format and the file sizes can be quite large (a couple of gigs depending on the length). I just convert it to an MP4 and delete the AVI file. Mp3Rick told me about it and I've never even tried using VDJ for about a year and a half. There are others here who use it as well so maybe they'll chime in..

Enjoy bro
Huey

Posté Sat 08 Dec 12 @ 8:50 pm
GSFonzyPRO InfinityMember since 2010
You can get some for free online. I have k-lite, I think that's the name. You can use it straight from the vdj software. Just open the record section.

Posté Mon 10 Dec 12 @ 9:33 pm
Yeah but I dour t you'll be able to record your extended monitor...........

Fraps, end of story.....

Posté Mon 10 Dec 12 @ 9:44 pm
there are many codec packs out there just find one that has the most you need and scan it.

@breaker - fraps is nice but not everone has $35 to sneeze out these days. ffds works well and the DVIX codec packs are free and work just fine when recording to another monitor. used it at work to record short promo mix for one of our sports bars and went without a hitch in 720p.

Posté Tue 11 Dec 12 @ 1:43 am
Well I downloaded the DVIX codecs and the K-lite and everything seems to be working so far. I also use the registry tool and updated the max memory to half my video card memory which is 1024. I think this will require further extensive test but everything seems good so far.

Posté Tue 11 Dec 12 @ 9:18 am
GSFonzyPRO InfinityMember since 2010
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Yeah but I dour t you'll be able to record your extended monitor...........

Fraps, end of story.....

Correct, if you're using it during a live set and have the external monitor, you may have issues. At least I do. However, I never record sets during a gig, so I don't have to worry about that.

Posté Tue 11 Dec 12 @ 10:41 am
hey wildcountryclub could you post yoursettings that allowed you to record at 720p. i downlaoded klite, ffdshow, and dvix and could not get a record size bigger than 320x240 at only a few kbps.

i am trying to get a recording quality of at least 720p at 8000 kbps is this possibble?

@beatbreaker1 what is the best resolution and kbps frame rate you get with fraps?

Also is what you do with fraps a screen record or does the virtual dj video out put plug into the fraps recorder automatically?

Posté Tue 11 Dec 12 @ 2:47 pm
@Streetking, here's a link to the FAQ page. It should answer all your questions.

I use it because it was recommended by MP3Rick and I never have been able to record when using an extended monitor with VDJ. It has a low overhead on your CPU and the videos look great. I highly recommend it. I mean it's only 35 bucks, we spend more then that a month on new music and videos.......

Posté Tue 11 Dec 12 @ 4:21 pm

Posté Tue 11 Dec 12 @ 7:31 pm
Heres another good program, I think this is what Ill be using from now on, http://www.bandicam.com/
Have to run a few more test but it seems good thus far and its only 39 bucks............

Posté Thu 13 Dec 12 @ 1:12 pm
Please some should help me with my video mixing configuration on virtual dj pro7

Posté Sat 07 Nov 15 @ 3:54 pm
Which codec is the best for recording the video mix on vdj pro

Posté Fri 17 Feb 17 @ 3:47 am
Hello, the best answer I can give is use VDJ 8 instead. I never resolved my video problems with VDJ 7. I was able to record but it would come out choppy and freeze on me. I have a high end computer as well. So now when I want to record video I do it on VDJ 8 and have not had an issue.

Posté Fri 17 Feb 17 @ 6:38 pm
Download V8 it has always recorded my video mixing with no problems.

Posté Sat 18 Feb 17 @ 8:55 pm
hello, can any one help to get video recording software for vdi 8 such that I can record my videos?PLEAAAAAAAASEEEEE

Posté Sun 08 Jul 18 @ 10:18 pm
Read This Thread

Also locked because it was stated in 2012

Posté Sun 08 Jul 18 @ 11:13 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)