Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Windows 8 and Hercules Dj 4 set ?? - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

I just bought a HP Envy beats laptop with windows 8, and I also got the Hercules DJ 4 set. It came with the virtual Dj disc but I have two problems.
- my computer doesn't have a cd rom drive to insert a disc.
- I have windows 8 and the virtual Dj system says its for vista, xp, and windows 7etc..

What can I do here? What are my options?
Thank you guys!
(New guy lol)

Posté Wed 26 Dec 12 @ 3:42 pm
Hi

The VDJ disc should have a serial number. Register it here and you will be able to download the software (and any updates).

There shouldn't be any problems using Windows 7 stuff on Windows 8.

Posté Thu 27 Dec 12 @ 6:17 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005

Posté Thu 27 Dec 12 @ 6:24 am
i got a new laptop windows 8 and my cd is broken i have a hurcules dj 4 set how can i download the 4 set and where to put the serial number
?

Posté Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 7:09 am

Posté Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 8:25 am
I have virtual dj8 installed on my new Windows 8 laptop and I have a Hercules dj4set which used to work with my virtual dj7 on my Windows 7. Now it's not working with the virtual 8 on my Windows 8 please I need to know why (p.s. I installed a Windows 8 compatible driver for the Hercules dj4set)

Posté Wed 03 Jun 15 @ 9:50 am
Did you verify that the 4Set is installed correctly and works as a MIDI controller and audio device ?

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00419.pdf

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00420.pdf

If everything seems to be in order, then we can concentrate on your configuration in VDJ, although since it is natively supported, if should detected it and configure it automatically at launch.

If however it does not seem to be installed correctly, let us know where it fails so we can advise accordingly.

Posté Wed 03 Jun 15 @ 10:25 am
Still on my Hercules dj4set and Virtual dj 8, the audio comes through perfectly, even the controller is selectable in the audio setup yet not visible in the controllers section where you map the controls of your external controller. Hence the controller is properly installed but it's not controlling the virtual dj console

Posté Wed 03 Jun 15 @ 1:54 pm
So it works in MIDI outside of VDJ ?

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00420.pdf

If this is the case, then there is no reason why VDJ would not detect it. However, if it does not work as indicated in the document, then the problem might be elsewhere.

Can you detail the information that appears in the About tab of the 4Set control panel ?

Posté Thu 04 Jun 15 @ 6:45 am
Details of the about tab on the 4set are as follows
Package: 3. HDJS. 2015
Firmware : 1. 6. 5. 18
Driver: 6. 7. 3. 0
MIDI Map: Default
DJ API: 2. 0. 28. 2
CPL: 2. 0. 14. 2
REF: 4780659-16271-04261

Posté Thu 04 Jun 15 @ 2:52 pm
At least we know that the Firmware update seem to have applied properly.

And how about MIDI outside of VDJ ? Can you please confirm if it does work or not ?

Posté Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 6:34 am
Hello

I own a Hercules DJ4SET controller and I have an issue with it because I lost my software that was on the CD that came along with it. All I have now is a serial number of the controller and I was wondering, is there a way to get the virtualdj LE with the number on the controller?

Posté Tue 16 Feb 16 @ 11:09 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
We always recommend to register the licence in your account, so you have access at anytime to your serial and installer file of your licence.
LE Versions are special versions given to you e.g. by Hercules for free. Each LE Version is registered by the controller manufacturer and assinged to the hardware ID you the specific controller. Unfortunatley we do not have these informations. So you have to contact the Hercules Support, tell them your hardware id of your controller, and hopefully the can find the assigned licence to your controller.
If the serial number of the controller looks like xxx-xxx-xxxx please try to register the serial in your Account under My Licences.
After successful registration you will find the latest version of your LE in the My Licences Tab.
If you still have issues with the serial or the registration, feel free to contact the VirtualDJ Support: http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

Posté Tue 16 Feb 16 @ 12:45 pm
Thanks for the info, found my serial numbers in some back up that I did (luckuly:)

Posté Tue 16 Feb 16 @ 3:07 pm
hi there,i bought a hercules dj 4set controller.it works on my pc which has windows vista intall on it,but the problem is when i install it to my windows 8 laptop the controller doesnt appear working on the vdj program, i already registered here,download the latest version,replace and install to my laptop but seems not working yet.ill try to uninstall and install back more time but no luck to any attempt ive made,pls help me how to sort it out.thanks

Posté Sat 23 Apr 16 @ 7:04 am
Try inserting a powered USB hub between the computer and the 4Set. This might be necessary on newer computer with USB 3.0 ports, even if your controller has the latest Firmware version.

Posté Mon 25 Apr 16 @ 12:09 pm
hi guys pls help me how could work the hercules dj 4set for my windows 8,ive already download install all the updated version for hercules dj 4set controller and VDJ LE ,but until now no luck for me..ive tried to search everything that may help me,check the device manager and everything was insatalled properly ..only i noticed every time i open the updated VDJ LE program it keeps appear and ask me to download the new version of it,but i already download it..all the lights in controller was working but i cant control the program in my laptop,i try to install it to may pc which has vista on it with the old installer and everything works fine...so only the problem how to solve the issue with my windows 8 with updated software on it..thanks

Posté Wed 04 May 16 @ 2:16 am
thank you DJ PHATSO,,,,sorry i didnt notice your reply with my msg before,but now everything works excellent on my windows 8 using powered usb hub..thank you so much..cheers

Posté Wed 04 May 16 @ 2:48 am
eoddeyLE userMember since 2015
I Have a Hercules dj4set controller I work it ok for one month at my windows 10 latop now ask me 99 euro for more use
is this correct I can giv eyjis money I'm not orofesionall odysefs

Posté Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 9:16 pm
hello ,i have win 10 and hercules dj 4 set .in device manager found an unknown device .the sound card doesn't work .everything installed properly .

Posté Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 8:55 pm
49%