Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet LPD8, Turnado and Virtual DJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey guys, I'm not too sure if this is the best spot for this topic, but I've tried my best with Google and decided it would be best to make a post myself.

Now, I've just gotten an Akai LPD8 and am having loads of fun with it. At the moment, I have the knobs mapped to Turnado and the pads mapped to my effects in Virtual DJ. The trouble I am having, however, is Turnado seems to reset on me losing the effects I have it configured to.

I can't for the life of me figure out why but it's quite a pain as I lose my effects and then have to spend time reloading them in Turnado.

Form what I have tried, I am under the assumption that there is a clash of effects between Turnado and the native Virtual DJ effects; the resetting often occurs with the simultaneous use of Virtual DJ effects and Turnado. I haven't had any trouble mapping the controller, and, when it works, it's awesome; it's just the setup I'm after. It's just the one problem of it constantly resetting that I'm having trouble with. I assume it has nothing to do with the controller, more just the software; Virtual DJ and Turnado.

I'm hoping someone with better computer smarts than I, or someone who has more experience with such a problem, can help me in any manner possible as I'm at a loss.

Eagerly awaiting help,

Pete.

Posté Fri 11 Jan 13 @ 4:25 am
unfortunately anytime you turn off the turnado effect it will reset to default. The only way around it is to change it to full dry signal and leave the effect running all the time. There is a wet/dry up the top which is probably slider 9 in VDJ but I can't confirm it will work.

I had a play with turnado in the past but stopped as the effect screen doesn't refresh within VDJ unless you reopen the plugin window which was too annoying to continue testing and stopped me from buying it.

If the wet/dry is slider 9 change the on/off button to something like this which includes the LED for a button aswell.

effect 'turnado' active on & effect 'turnado' slider 9 100% ? on & effect 'turnado' slider 9 0% : off & effect 'turnado' slider 9 100%.

Note that mapping and VST's are only possible in VDJ Pro Full

Posté Fri 11 Jan 13 @ 7:58 am
Thanks for the reply. I've seen your name in my Googling and you've been quite the help. I thought it may have had somethign to do with Turnado being turned off. I'll have to have a try with the signal on full dry.

One other thing I did notice is that, each time you load a new track onto the deck, it turns the effect off. I've had mixed results where Turnado has remained the same, but other times, it resets.
Is there a way to keep it on all the time regardless of changing tracks?

Posté Fri 11 Jan 13 @ 11:32 am
cheers bro, always happy to help with mapping where I can.. you can disable that in config => options => EQ Reset on Load

Posté Fri 11 Jan 13 @ 12:42 pm
Cool. Now it won't turn off, and if I don't turn it off, it should work a lot better. I'll have to keep playing with it when I get the chance to try and alleviate all the bugs.

Posté Fri 11 Jan 13 @ 9:57 pm
That's a super helpful thread, thanks!

Any thoughts on how to map the Turnado preset selector, so I can assign a button to call a preset, or toggle back and forth through them?

Posté Fri 15 Jun 18 @ 2:36 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
From what I've seen the preset selectors aren't midi buttons, but it's been a while since i played with turnado.

Posté Fri 15 Jun 18 @ 5:36 pm
That would explain why I can't find any way to talk to them, or any reference to anyone else doing so...

How about achieving the same result by mapping turnado to load an effect to a particular turnado slot?

Posté Mon 18 Jun 18 @ 2:32 pm
I changed the default preset to contain just 8 that I like the most, so long ago I've forgotten how, I think it was text or hex based.
I had an idea to install several versions of turnado and hex edit each one to look for a different folder for default but got stuck and found something better to do.
Best ask sugabytes, a solution may be out there.

Posté Mon 18 Jun 18 @ 4:02 pm
I renamed preset file names to get mine to be the default that loads up.

Posté Mon 18 Jun 18 @ 4:47 pm
Interesting point wicked, a vdj plugin could change preset file names. with script (send_command) and a plugin you could pick any preset. A bloody good reason for me to learn some more coding.

Posté Mon 18 Jun 18 @ 6:19 pm
How about this...

Routing a track to the standalone version of Turnado, and then back to VDJ? Is that possible?

(That would also allow Turnado to render in real time, so you know what’s going on)

(Or am I making this way too complicated?)

Posté Wed 20 Jun 18 @ 2:19 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)