Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Using American Audio MXR Mixer with VDJ Pro 7 Problem - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hello I bought the American Audio MXR19 and MXR14 for my business. Upgraded to VDJ Pro 7 (expensive!)
Anyways works well plain VDJ LE, BUT when I load VDJ Pro 7 (so the Denon HS5500 can work too)
I get a box (window) that keeps popping up, the one that shows you connections to mixers, ASIO, etc. Very annoying!

It happens like every 4th time I use the music scroll knob on either the Denon or the mixer. Also when I use
the GAIN control on the mixer, the program just ends. Like I stated, when using VDJ LE there is no problem
but LE does not control the turntable which is useless to me. If there is no fix, can I get a refund for VDJ Pro 7?
and I will just use the Denon as analogue player

My system:
Dell Laptop Core 2 Duo, 3 G Ram
Windows 8 Pro
VDJ Pro 7
Denon HS5500
American Audio MXR 14 and MXR19

Thanks!

Posté Wed 23 Jan 13 @ 3:47 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's not VDJ that's the problem.
I bought the MXR 14 and am having problems with it also.
Call American Audio and see if they can assist you.
I may return the MXR, not VDJ.

Posté Thu 24 Jan 13 @ 8:36 am
like I mentioned it works GREAT in VDJ LE but goes wacko in Pro 7 mode. Me thinks the signal the mixer puts out to the program is so strong it makes it seem like it triggers the COFIG box to open. Anyways I want my money back.

Posté Fri 25 Jan 13 @ 3:46 am
The mapping and/or firmware for the MXR14/MXR19 may have been updated since the release of VirtualDJ Pro v7.3, so the mapping that you are using in Pro may not be the most recent version. This may be why you are experiencing problems. VirtualDJ LE is created at the time of release of the controller, so may have a more updated mapping for it built-in.

Try downloading and installing the default mapper from American Audio:

14MXR: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15560/American_Audio_14MXR.html

19MXR: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15561/American_Audio_19MXR.html

Posté Fri 25 Jan 13 @ 6:37 am
Ok I finally figured out what the problem was! I installed VDJ Pro 7 on my desktop (quad core monster) with Windows 8 Pro
and it worked perfectly. No problems whatsoever!

Therefore I guess my laptop with the dual core (2008 model) may be too weak a machine so I re-installed Windows 7 Pro
and it works flawlessly.

I'm guessing there must be some bugs with Windows 8 with using a laptop that's not very powerful. I didn't know
until recently what strain VDJ Pro puts on a processor, it pretty much takes over your computer and maybe some drivers
are wacked out, but I guess a quad core desktop blows a laptop away. Regardless.

Anyways if anyone ever has a problem with the American Audio MXR Series and you are using Windows 8:

1. Must have a i5/i7 processor laptop, or quad core or more powerful desktop
2. If not, revert back to Windows 7 if not available to do so go online, theres a free offer a Windows 8 back to Windows 7 app.

Anyways, that wasn't fun but now you know. Cheers!

Posté Sun 27 Jan 13 @ 3:08 am
BTW--thanks for the updated mappers!

Posté Sun 27 Jan 13 @ 3:12 am
Windows 8 will have higher system requirements than 7. This is normal for each major operating system release because it is designed/optimised with the current specification of new computers at the time of release in mind, which for a newer O/S will be higher.

Also, your older computer may not have Windows 8 compatible and/or optimised drivers available, so some hardware may be using generic drivers that give lower performance as a result.

There's no reason to upgrade to Windows 8 on a PC if Windows 7 is working well for you, especially on a computer that's dedicated for DJ use. Windows 8 is just unnecessary overhead for the older computer.

Posté Sun 27 Jan 13 @ 11:32 am
kidoggPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I will like to mapp the cue, sync, & play buttons for the samples 1-12 but when I do so it only does 1-6. How do I set the play button on one side to play sampler 6 and the play button on the other side for sampler 12. Both sides play the same sampler #.

Posté Mon 01 Apr 13 @ 1:56 am
kidoggPRO InfinityMember since 2010

Posté Wed 03 Apr 13 @ 10:53 pm
I have the 14mxr and I downloaded the plugin in this thread. I am using VDJ 7 PRo and when I go in and look at the midi mapping is shows a lot of fake mapping for things like the crossfader and the gain knobs. The only thing that seems to work is the MF knob and the play/pause button. What am I doing wrong?

Posté Mon 15 Jul 13 @ 4:00 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
mprice wrote :
What am I doing wrong?

I guess you didn't read the manual, did you? ;)

The 14mxr, as well as vms4, vms4.1 and vms2, has an analog mixer section.
That means, that your 14mxr is responsible for all sound modificatins like gain, eq...

Fake commands are necessary because without them vdj would also modify the sound, which results in a double up of e.g. gain, which is bad.
So as long as everything works fine, you have to do nothing.

Posté Wed 17 Jul 13 @ 3:41 am
I currently use a American audio MXR19 with virtual DJ Pro 7.4.1, I am having problems that starting last week where the gain and volume levels just drop unexpectedly on deck A. Player B Won't function at all. It's as if it is frozen. I had to use player A in auto mix to get through the evening except the gain and levels kept dropping every couple of songs and sometimes the volume would go out completely for 10 seconds. This has happened all of a sudden and prior to this, I've had no problems at all. It has worked exceptionally well. I tried changing the USB cable thinking it might be shorting out but it still does it with a new cord. Has anyone else experienced this problem.

Posté Mon 25 Nov 13 @ 3:44 pm

djmarkmroz wrote :
I currently use a American audio MXR19 with virtual DJ Pro 7.4.1, I am having problems that starting last week where the gain and volume levels just drop unexpectedly on deck A. Player B Won't function at all. It's as if it is frozen. I had to use player A in auto mix to get through the evening except the gain and levels kept dropping every couple of songs and sometimes the volume would go out completely for 10 seconds. This has happened all of a sudden and prior to this, I've had no problems at all. It has worked exceptionally well. I tried changing the USB cable thinking it might be shorting out but it still does it with a new cord. Has anyone else experienced this problem.

I had this problem too, it appears to have been a problem with the mixer. Something caused the program (the MXR's built in firmware, not VDJ) to crash and lock up. Restarting and removing/reinstalling drivers does not fix I'm afraid but i think I've figured out a workaround (well, it worked in my case) that should save you having to send it back to AA for reprogramming:

Please be aware that i use the 10-MXR, i do not own a 19-MXR and do not work for AA or VDJ, I am simply a user who suffered the same problems as yourself.

In the MXR packaging there should have been a slip of paper with a software download link and VDJ LE serial number, either re-follow that link (link below) or go to wherever you downloaded the zipped file to:

http://wellcom.adj.de/Wellcom/media/binaries/19MXR.zip [for 19MXR!]

Extract the files if you haven't already and open the firmware update tool:

"...19MXR\19MXR\PC\Firmware update tool\ADJ firmware_upload"

You will need to download the MAC Timecode DVS support file from American Audio's website:

(Bear with me on this part; whether or not you use timecodes or a pc/mac the idea behind this is simply to update the firmware of the MXR and pull it out of whatever loop the software is stuck on. I use a PC and although this update wasn't aimed at PC users, it solved the problem with no loss of functionality.)

Website: http://www.adjaudio.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ItemNumber=1490&MainId=1&Category=Mixers

Direct Download: http://www.adjaudio.com/pdffiles/vdj-timecode-mxr19.zip

Extract the files again, then within the Firmware Update tool click on browse, locate the unpacked file (you may need to show all files due to the .syx extension)

"...vdj-timecode-mxr19\vdj-timecode-mxr19\American Audio Mixers 19 in rev. 4.10.syx"

Highlight "19MXR AUDIO MIDI Device" in the list labelled "Select a device:"

Hit Upload Firmware.

(Sorry if you already know how to suck eggs, I'd rather give more detail than necessary than not enough!)
Good luck, hope this finds you and anyone else with this problem!

Posté Sun 12 Jan 14 @ 7:11 pm
So even though you have the 10mxr you used the update for the 19mxr?

Posté Fri 21 Mar 14 @ 3:03 pm
Hi and sorry for the late response,
In answer to your question, no I actually used the MXR-10 update files myself but for simplicity gave the links to the 19-MXR =)
I don't often re-visit forums I'm afraid, was actually having the same problem again and have lost my Install CD so after a google search found my own past solution! (so glad I actually shared something for once!)
Anyway, off to have another go, hope this has helped anyone who's own MXR has locked up!

Posté Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 9:57 am
DJfuseLAPRO SubscriberMember since 2014
I just received my MXR 19. I have a MAC and I use Virtual DJ Pro. I can not get the sound to work through the headphones. What configurations do I use? Input? Output? Sound card? Any guidance would be appreciated.

Posté Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 9:20 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posté Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 9:48 pm
Support staff wrote :
The mapping and/or firmware for the MXR14/MXR19 may have been updated since the release of VirtualDJ Pro v7.3, so the mapping that you are using in Pro may not be the most recent version. This may be why you are experiencing problems. VirtualDJ LE is created at the time of release of the controller, so may have a more updated mapping for it built-in.

Try downloading and installing the default mapper from American Audio:

14MXR: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15560/American_Audio_14MXR.html

19MXR: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15561/American_Audio_19MXR.html

Posté Thu 19 May 16 @ 2:01 am
lost the my cd setup

Posté Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 7:39 pm
91%