Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Installing VDJ video set up for venue

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

rxstyleHome userMember since 2012
I am hoping to install VDJ and play music videos

Where do I look online for the equipment to do this. They have house mixer to pre amps to 10 loudspeakers. There is an 10x10 space where I want to install an LCD screen with in breakable glass if possible, plus a couple TVs that I would want to stream the videos to

Can somebody point me in the right direction? I will be purchasing full version for this

Posté Sun 14 Apr 13 @ 1:44 pm
Here is what I use for Mobile Video DJing;
- PC/Mac/Laptop with HDMI port (It is much better)
- at least 2GB memory (dedicated for Video) - I have 8GB Memory on my PC Laptop
- at least 1TB space (store music video) - I have 1TB internal and 1TB external storage drives
- Dual Video Card Support
- Projector with HDMI Port or LCD TV
- HDMI Cable

The reason I use HDMI is because of the video and sound quality. There is a difference.
This is a starting point. Tweak it to your taste and best of luck.

Posté Wed 19 Jun 13 @ 3:13 pm
Go with VGA as I doubt your using hd videos anyways plus it cheaper and under the right conditions it'll look just as good.......plus with HDMI you could possibly run into problems with hdcp protection crap. VGA, cheap, simple and it just works......

Posté Wed 19 Jun 13 @ 3:37 pm
I use whatever I have to use. I play 3 nights a week at a club that has composite video (yellow RCA ). My other club has s-video output. I have converters for any type of connection.

Posté Thu 20 Jun 13 @ 10:55 am
Right............but he did say he'd be doing all the install work himself.

And you should look into a Extron DVS 304, one unit for everything BUT HDMI..........

Posté Thu 20 Jun 13 @ 11:32 am
Beat, that unit you talk about is up there in price, however I may be needing to build a new system soon. Will that bad boy convert from HDMI to composite without issues?? I am asking this as I maintain 2 systems (The house system as well as my own). I saw you have tried other converters in the past, did any of the others work?? I am also trying to get the company to in the future upgrade their equip. If I can successfully get them to do this I wont need a converter as we run an 8in 8out system now, but if I can get them to do one HDMI it will make my life easier but I see they are around $4000.

Posté Mon 24 Jun 13 @ 4:27 am
Sorry but you guys are actually advising a guy that is about to do a fresh video install to start by working with outdated A/V technology? Almost all laptops today and video cards include an HDMI output for video out. Not to mention that that all the TV's now have HDMI and Promo Only is doing all it's music video's in HD now as well. Why on earth would you want to go with old standard definition? Because it's easier or cheaper? HD looks 100 times better than old svideo and the "yellow RCA". If you don't understand that then you should try it for yourself and see the difference because it is huge.

Simple setup is HDMI out of your laptop or desktop into an HDMI splitter and then out to your TV's. Split as many times as you like to go to multiple TV's. Cheapest place I have found to get long HDMI cables and splitters is http://www.firefold.com

Don't waste your money buying one big unit to run all the tv's. Just get a splitter for each tv and daisy chain them together. Simple and looks great.

My advice for new install is to never invest in technology that is outdated and on it's way out because then you will just have to spend more money replacing and upgrading it later.

DJ James

Posté Tue 25 Jun 13 @ 3:24 pm
@Brian, that unit doesn't have a HDMI in but VGA in out to component works. I have one spot and that's exactly how I do it. I've used some Monoprice adaptors but my picture was moved to the left for reason and I never could get it fixed. Another one I tried was supposed to upscale to a True HD but every time I maxed it out it wouldn't work. I know they have made another model which does accept HDMI but I think it's something like 6 grand. The 304 isn't made anymore so you could probably find one eBay on the cheap. Also check out Kramer, they make solid u/ as well.

@James, who said anything about "svideo"?? And Promo Only, who uses them anymore? I send my picture out of my laptop at 800x600(2400x600 from the Matrox TripleHead2Go) into 2 different projectors then for the 3rd I run that out into the Extron unit and upscale it to 1600x1200!! And trust my video and visuals look good!!

Heres the Extron DVS605, THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT, only for the big boys...........

The Extron DVS 605 is a high performance video scaler that includes three HDMI inputs, two universal analog video inputs, and simultaneous HDMI and analog high resolution outputs. The DVS 605 accepts a wide variety of video formats including HDMI with HDCP, HDTV, RGB, and standard definition video. It features advanced Extron video signal processing with 1080i deinterlacing, Deep Color processing, and true seamless switching for professional-quality presentations. Designed for professional AV integration, the DVS 605 offers flexible control options including Ethernet, RS-232, USB, and contact closure. The DVS 605 is available in models with audio switching plus HDMI audio embedding / de-embedding, and also 3G-SDI/HD-SDI output with genlock.

Five Input Multi-Format Video Switcher

To accommodate a variety of sources, the DVS 605 features three HDMI inputs plus two universal analog video inputs that can automatically detect and process RGB computer-video, HDTV, component video, S-video, and composite video. The DVS 605 provides the capability to integrate digital and analog video devices, with HDCP compliance to enable integration of Blu-ray Disc players and cable or satellite HD receivers. Auto-switching between inputs streamlines system operation as well as integration with presentation switchers or matrix switchers.
EDID Minder® and Key Minder®

To enhance and simplify integration of sources and displays, the DVS 605 Series features two exclusive Extron technologies: EDID Minder and Key Minder. EDID Minder automatically manages EDID communications between the display device and all the HDMI and VGA computer-video input sources. For HDMI signals with protected content, Key Minder authenticates and maintains continuous HDCP encryption between input and output devices to ensure quick and reliable switching in professional AV environments. When receiving an HDCP-encrypted HDMI input source, the DVS 605 outputs a full-screen green signal on any video output connected to a non-HDCP compliant display. This provides immediate visual confirmation that the protected content cannot be viewed on this display.
High Performance Video Processing

The DVS 605 features an advanced, high performance 30-bit scaling engine with the ability to scale HDMI, RGB, HDTV, and standard definition video signals up or down in resolution. This advanced video processor also features high performance deinterlacing of 1080i and standard definition video to deliver optimal image quality through advanced motion compensation.

The DVS 605 accepts and outputs signals up to 1920x1200 including HDTV 1080p/60 and 2048x1080. It provides simultaneous outputs for HDMI and analog RGB or HD component video. An additional 3G-SDI/HD-SDI output with genlock is also available.
Create Professional Quality Presentations with Seamless Switching and Picture-in-Picture

The advanced video processing in the DVS 605 enables high quality, professional presentations with true seamless switching between Inputs 1 to 4 with selectable cut or dissolve transitions. The DVS 605 also features a flexible PIP picture-in-picture mode that allows any two video sources connected to Inputs 1 to 4 to be shown on one display. Several PIP presets are available, including side-by-side windows, and the PIP window can be dynamically sized and positioned anywhere in the image.
Audio Switching Models Available

All DVS 605 models provide lip sync delay and level adjustments for embedded HDMI audio. The DVS 605 A and DVS 605 AD feature five input audio switching to accompany incoming video sources. Gain and attenuation can be adjusted for each input, and the DVS 605 provides master volume control.

DVS 605 models with audio switching feature HDMI audio embedding and de-embedding. Any input audio signal can be embedded onto the HDMI output. DVS 605 audio models can also extract embedded HDMI audio to analog and digital S/PDIF outputs. The DVS 605 AD, with audio switching plus 3G-SDI/HD-SDI output can embed two-channel audio onto the SDI output.

Multiple Options for Control and Operation

The DVS 605 features front panel controls for quick access to functions. Remote configuration and control are available via RS-232, Ethernet, and USB, plus contact closure to control input switching. The DVS 605 is housed in a 1U enclosure and can easily be integrated into many environments.

Features

Integrates HDMI, RGB, HDTV, and video sources into presentation systems — The DVS 605 provides switching and signal optimization for a wide range of AV sources.

Inputs: Three HDMI; two universal 15-pin HD inputs for RGB, HD component video, S-video, or composite video

Outputs: Simultaneous scaled outputs on HDMI and 15-pin HD

Three HDMI inputs and two universal auto-detecting analog video inputs — The DVS 605 allows for switching between HDMI and analog video sources. Two analog universal video inputs automatically detect incoming RGB, HD component video, S-video, or composite video signals.

Supported HDMI specification features include data rates up to 6.75 Gbps, Deep Color, and HD lossless audio formats

HDCP compliant — The DVS 605 fully supports HDCP-encrypted signals.

Advanced scaling engine — The DVS 605 features a high performance 30-bit scaling engine with the ability to scale high resolution computer-video and HDTV as well as standard definition video up or down in resolution. The advanced video processing in the DVS 605 also supports true seamless switching and flexible PIP capabilities.

True seamless switching — Seamless cut and dissolve transition effects are available for Inputs 1 to 4 to enhance and deliver professional quality presentations. Input 5 features glitch-free switching with a fade to black.

PIP - picture-in-picture — For Inputs 1 to 4, the DVS 605 provides the flexibility to allow unrestricted two-window display of standard definition and high resolution digital and analog video sources. Several PIP presets are available, including side-by-side windows. The main and PIP windows can be dynamically sized, positioned, and magnified. In DVS 605 audio models, audio switching can be set to follow either the main or PIP window.

SpeedSwitch™ Technology provides exceptional switching speed for HDCP-encrypted content

Simultaneous outputs for HDMI and analog RGB or HD component video — HDMI and high resolution analog RGB or component video outputs are available for driving two displays.

Auto Input Format Detection — For the universal analog video inputs, the DVS 605 detects the incoming signal format, automatically reconfiguring itself to provide the appropriate decoding and signal processing. This feature can reduce the number of required outputs for a matrix switcher, lowering system cost while improving manageability.

Auto-switching between inputs — The DVS 605 can automatically switch between input sources. With auto-switching, the DVS 605 can accommodate additional inputs when connected to the outputs of a larger presentation switcher, such as the MPS 409.

Key Minder® continuously verifies HDCP compliance for quick, reliable switching — Key Minder authenticates and maintains continuous HDCP encryption between input and output devices to ensure quick and reliable switching in professional AV environments, while enabling simultaneous distribution of a single source signal to one or more displays.

HDCP authentication and signal presence confirmation via RS-232 or Ethernet — The DVS 605 provides real-time verification of HDCP status for each digital video input and output. This allows for simple, quick, and easy signal and HDCP verification through RS-232 or Ethernet, providing valuable feedback to a system operator or helpdesk support staff.

HDCP Visual Confirmation provides a green signal when encrypted content is sent to a non-compliant display — A full-screen green signal is sent when HDCP-encrypted content is transmitted to a non-HDCP compliant display, providing immediate visual confirmation that protected content cannot be viewed on the display.

EDID Minder® automatically manages EDID communication between connected devices — EDID Minder ensures that all sources power up properly and reliably output content for display.

Selectable output rates from 640x480 to 1920x1200, including HDTV 1080p/60 — Available output rates include computer-video up to 1920x1200, HDTV rates up to 1080p/60, and 2048x1080.

AFL™ - Accu-RATE Frame Lock — A patented technology exclusive to Extron that eliminates image tearing caused by frame rate conversion.

Image freeze control — A live image can be frozen using RS-232 serial control or Ethernet control.

Auto-Image™ setup — When activated, the unit automatically detects the resolution of the incoming video signal and sets the total pixels, active pixels, and active lines, as well as the horizontal and vertical starting points. This can save time and effort in setting up a newly connected source, particularly in presentation environments where the input is not connected to a fixed source, but instead goes to an open connection for a presenter’s laptop.

Auto Input Memory — When activated, the DVS 605 automatically stores size, position, and picture settings based on the incoming signal. When the same signal is detected again, these image settings are automatically recalled from memory.

On-screen display — The DVS 605 features an on-screen display which displays status information pertaining to the currently selected input, and facilitates easy adjustment of picture settings.

On-screen input labels — An on-screen text label may be assigned to each input, and to each incoming signal for the universal video inputs. The label can be up to 16 characters and input via RS-232 or Ethernet. This feature is especially useful when identifying incoming signals from a matrix switcher.

Power Save and standby modes — The DVS 605 can be set to automatically mute video and sync output to the display device when no active input signal is detected. This allows the projector or flat-panel display to automatically enter into standby mode to save energy and enhance lamp or panel life.

Picture controls for brightness, contrast, color, tint, and detail, as well as horizontal and vertical positioning, and sizing — 16 user memory presets are available for each input to store all image settings.

Automatic 3:2 and 2:2 pulldown detection — The DVS 605 offers advanced film mode processing techniques that help maximize image detail and sharpness for NTSC, PAL, and HDTV 1080i sources that originated from film.

Motion adaptive 1080i and SD deinterlacing — The DVS 605 provides high performance deinterlacing for 1080i and standard definition signals from sources including cable or satellite set-top boxes, delivering optimized image quality through advanced motion compensation.

Aspect ratio control — The aspect ratio of the video output can be controlled by selecting a FILL mode, which provides a full screen output, or a FOLLOW mode, which preserves the original aspect ratio of the input signal.

Quad standard video decoding — The DVS 605 uses a digital, four-line adaptive comb filter to decode NTSC 3.58, NTSC 4.43, PAL, and SECAM for integration into systems worldwide.

Internal test patterns for calibration and setup — The DVS 605 offers 14 test patterns, including a crop pattern, crosshatch, 16 bar grayscale, color bars, alternating pixels, ramp, white field, 4 x 4 crosshatch, and four aspect ratio patterns – 1.33, 1.78, 1.85, and 2.35.

Audio switching — The DVS 605 A and DVS 605 AD feature audio switching for five stereo balanced or unbalanced input sources.

Output volume control — DVS 605 audio models provide master volume control. Fixed and variable line level outputs are available, and each output can be balanced or unbalanced. Stereo input signals can be output as dual mono. The DVS 605 audio models also include a S/PDIF digital audio output.

Audio input gain and attenuation — Gain or attenuation can be adjusted for each input to eliminate noticeable differences when switching between sources.

Audio breakaway — Provides the capability to break an audio signal away from its corresponding video signal and route to the audio outputs, allowing the audio channels to be operated as a separate switcher.

Audio switching transitions — A transition technique applied during switches that lowers the audio of the switched-out source while simultaneously bringing up the audio of the activated source. The duration of the audio crossfade matches the duration of the video switching transition.

Integrated audio delay — The audio output is automatically delayed to compensate for latency introduced by the video processing. The audio delay can also be adjusted to a defined setting.

HDMI audio embedding and de-embedding — For DVS 605 models with audio, analog input audio signals can be embedded onto the HDMI output signal. The DVS 605 can also extract embedded HDMI audio signals, including two-channel PCM or encoded bitstream audio for Dolby® Digital or DTS® Digital Surround.

Optional 3G-SDI/HD-SDI output with genlock — The DVS 605 is available with a 3G-SDI/HD-SDI output that complies with SMPTE 292M and 424M, and ITU digital video standards. Genlock allows synchronization to an external reference signal for integration into broadcast and production applications.

Front panel security lockout — This feature locks out all front panel functions except for input selection; all functions however, are available through RS-232 control.

Hardwired IR connection — The DVS 605 features a rear panel hardwired IR port for connection to Extron MediaLink® Controllers, IP Link® Control Processors, or IR receivers for additional control flexibility.

Ethernet monitoring and control — The DVS 605 can be controlled and proactively monitored over a LAN, WAN, or the Internet. An intuitive Web interface is included for such common functions as input switching.

RS-232 control port — Using serial commands, the DVS 605 can be controlled and configured via the Extron Windows®-based control program, or integrated into a control system. Extron products use the SIS™ - Simple Instruction Set command protocol, a set of basic ASCII code commands that allow for quick and easy programming.

Front panel USB configuration port — Enables easy configuration without having to access the rear panel.

Contact closure ports — Can be used for external control of source switching.

Rack-mountable 1U, full rack width metal enclosure

New Includes LockIt® HDMI cable lacing brackets

Internal universal power supply — The 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, international power supply provides worldwide power compatibility.

Posté Tue 25 Jun 13 @ 6:47 pm
One more thing, as long as your video card can support 1080p then a VGA connection is just fine plus it's cheaper to install.........

Posté Tue 25 Jun 13 @ 10:34 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :

Heres the Extron DVS605, THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT, only for the big boys...........

That unit looks incredible. What does it sell for?

Posté Wed 26 Jun 13 @ 3:04 pm

Posté Wed 26 Jun 13 @ 3:39 pm
Personally I would stick with a VGA output and convert to whatever you need. HDMI is a crap connection. Literally. I work in projection and whole house AV - it's a necessary evil. Had a surge at a show that backfeed from the client's LCD panel back to my computer and blew the power supply and the display port. That stunk. I'd rather have a box converter between me and trouble in the future and I never had an issue with VGA in 15 years. I have projected in composite and no one noticed it wasn't HD and it didn't matter for those events but the projectors had quad scalers in them. You can get just as good signal out with VGA and there are plenty of converters like Extron, or on the low end Startech that can scale to any other format including HDMI. Personally I'll use HD via Component over HDMI. They also make excellent Component and VGA over Cat-5 balun's for moble use. Cheaper too if the cable gets cut. Just my 2 cents.

Posté Wed 03 Jul 13 @ 9:14 pm
jamesvanek wrote :
Sorry but you guys are actually advising a guy that is about to do a fresh video install to start by working with outdated A/V technology? Almost all laptops today and video cards include an HDMI output for video out. Not to mention that that all the TV's now have HDMI and Promo Only is doing all it's music video's in HD now as well. Why on earth would you want to go with old standard definition? Because it's easier or cheaper? HD looks 100 times better than old svideo and the "yellow RCA". If you don't understand that then you should try it for yourself and see the difference because it is huge.

Simple setup is HDMI out of your laptop or desktop into an HDMI splitter and then out to your TV's. Split as many times as you like to go to multiple TV's. Cheapest place I have found to get long HDMI cables and splitters is http://www.firefold.com

Don't waste your money buying one big unit to run all the tv's. Just get a splitter for each tv and daisy chain them together. Simple and looks great.

My advice for new install is to never invest in technology that is outdated and on it's way out because then you will just have to spend more money replacing and upgrading it later.

DJ James

I totally agree with you.

I cannot understand why someone would still recommend a non-HD set-up & installation while we are actually in the 4K era already. I'm a mobile DJ and for about 5 years now I've been using only HDMI components and running everything @ 1080p. I make use of the HDMI output on either of my laptops, split the video using cheap entry-level HDMI splitters driving 2 HD projectors. On long cable runs (>25m) I use cheap HDMI repeaters without any problems - you don't have to spend lots of money on studio quality video splitters etc. For multiple displays throughout a club, you can daisy-chain 1x2 HDMI splitters without issues.

I will not suggest to use anything lower than HDMI equipment for a new installation, especially for a fixed installation.

My 2c

Posté Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 9:36 am
It was a 2013 post

Posté Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 11:33 am
3 years ago and the user obviously never did buy a full VDJ license. Maybe he never did the install either.

Posté Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 8:29 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Got what he needed, took his hand out of his pocket and walked away.

Posté Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 8:52 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
he was a member since 2012

Posté Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 2:41 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
tayla wrote :

Posté Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 6:34 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
tayla wrote :
tayla wrote :

LOL

Posté Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 2:07 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)