Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Read This before you update to Windows 8.1 - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
This is just an fyi out there to those that might be considering updating to windows 8.1.

Certain computers using Usb3 are affected by this but most notably those using this controller as listed here in device manager

If you have this I highly recommend NOT updating your main system due to some devices will become unusable (unknown). Some devices currently DO NOT WORK with Microsoft stack on the Intel USB 3.0 host controller. Personally I verified this fact using a djconsole. Luckily there is a fix if you already updated and you find your new device now useless. Its pretty involved I've briefed the support team on this issue and they do know how to fix it as well. Follow this link for a fix advanced users only for this it involes basically forcing the intel driver over the ms driver. I can also confirm this does work as a fix at least in my case it did.

Posté Mon 18 Nov 13 @ 3:41 pm
If I have that and ran without an issue last weekend do I need to make these changes - or would my controller have already failed?

Posté Mon 18 Nov 13 @ 4:19 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
If its working leave it. Like I said in the earlier post, not all devices are affected by this. Since we don't really know the scope of what works and what doesn't, we decided to be proactive in this warning.

Posté Mon 18 Nov 13 @ 4:21 pm
just had 11 hours of trying to redoo this the rmx lights cam on one side only.. it took me forever to reload and do it and get it all back on line.. but Since I have I figured out a answer to a previous question and fixed that issue with the help of max... yes max rocks... now everything is working.. had to reinstall the 7.4 and then reinstall the hercules driver 2 new 2013 version.

Posté Tue 19 Nov 13 @ 10:00 pm
hi every one i have to find out what bit rate the NUMARK VIRTUAL VINYL usb 2.0 interface box is is it 14bit 16 bit 24 bit,please replie or point me in the right direction as i can not find anything on bit rate with this certain mix/sound card,kind regards nz

Posté Wed 20 Nov 13 @ 10:36 am

Posté Wed 20 Nov 13 @ 10:44 am
switched to windows 8.1 a few weeks ago.. the only problem i had was the index windows search it was keeping my CPU in 50 percent all the time after going to control panel and disabling XML FILE INDEX option the cpu dropped to 5% use in idle with virtual dj working on 4 deck processor goes up to 30-40% but with windows 8.0 i t was around 60% so a drastic drop was made and it runs super cool :)

my machine is an ACER 5735Z with 2GHZ procesor dual core and 2GBddr2 Memory :)

Posté Sat 23 Nov 13 @ 11:49 am
i had a huge meltdown last night and it was due to some crap with 8.1 vs virtual dj.. I am thinking that the customer might have to get a lawyer as it lost more than half the customers in the event.. made me look bad and im guessing there is going to be repercussions as the agent has asked for a meeting.. anyone ever have to deal with this before? advice is needed..

Posté Sun 24 Nov 13 @ 9:25 pm
You had no backup? CD/MP3?

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Mon 25 Nov 13 @ 5:13 pm
Roy, good news is i made sets on mp3... bad news is the mp3 cable runs through the mixer.. that is the sound card.. thanks to tech support we have it figured out.. man did the 8.1 upgrade and the 7.4.1 both hit me like a rocket.. things learned back up is important. More important is keeping my cool.. last always wear clean underwear! sympathy from fans when you crash goes a long way... lol...

Posté Wed 27 Nov 13 @ 7:52 pm
Another important lesson is to never make any major changes to your system just prior to going to a gig, especially if your system is already working perfectly.

Always wait until you will have plenty of time to be able to fully test everything is working correctly after the upgrade and sufficient time to be able to revert back again if necessary.

Also, make sure that you always have a full backup first before making any changes and always perform a backup at least once per week of your music collection, database, etc. as well as any other important files.

When performing live, always make sure that you have a backup system that is able to work independently from your computer that you can fall back on in an emergency (A software MIDI controller that has no hardware mixing capabilities will cease to function should your computer crash or need to be rebooted.)

Posté Thu 28 Nov 13 @ 6:07 am
i upgraded to 8.1 and my controller did stop working. i had to refresh my laptop to go back before the update and it works fine now.

Posté Thu 05 Dec 13 @ 12:28 am
i have been having nothing but pains on windows 8. crash
hope once everything is ironed out it works like its apost to or linux is my home

Posté Fri 13 Dec 13 @ 3:31 pm
Can only echo what the support staff have said above... It's common sense really.

So remember this when v8 hits the streets. I plan to be testing at home for at least a month after release before I play out live with it.

That said, if early testing goes well and I can consistently play 3-4 hours without issue and have adapted the software to m liking and for my set up then this time may reduce.

I did the same with my MC-6000. I used it at home for radio only until I was comfortable to take it out.

Trust me, it was so tempting to just rush out the door with it, but after several attempts at mapping I got it nailed and first gig went flawlessly.

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Fri 20 Dec 13 @ 4:11 am
It appears on my version of VDJ Pro (7.4.1), Im not able to save the playlist. Or at least I thought I did but when I next loaded VDJ there were none there

Is this right?
Thanks
Jason

Posté Tue 31 Dec 13 @ 9:27 am
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
@Jbryant61,
your question is out of topic. In this topic we are speaking about Intel USB 3.0 on Windows 8.1
for your problem use the search engine of the forum to found appropriate topic, or contact us in assistance. We'll check what's your problem.

http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

Posté Thu 02 Jan 14 @ 4:00 am
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Is this something that has been rectified as the link here http://plugable.com/2012/12/01/windows-8-and-intel-usb-3-0-host-controllers/ says
"[Note: As of Windows 8.1, we don't recommend replacing the in-box Windows USB 3.0 stack with the Intel Windows 7 stack, as described in this post. This post is being kept for historical background, but we recommend working with your PC maker and Microsoft on any remaining issues with the built-in Windows 8.1 USB 3.0 stack. .]"
Or am i reading it wrong?

I know you say "Certain computers" as i have this usb controller and it works not sure if i,m lucky or something has been fixed since original post or is it the fact that my controller is happy as larry with it

Posté Thu 02 Jan 14 @ 11:30 am
Support staff wrote :
Another important lesson is to never make any major changes to your system just prior to going to a gig, especially if your system is already working perfectly.

Always wait until you will have plenty of time to be able to fully test everything is working correctly after the upgrade and sufficient time to be able to revert back again if necessary.

Also, make sure that you always have a full backup first before making any changes and always perform a backup at least once per week of your music collection, database, etc. as well as any other important files.

When performing live, always make sure that you have a backup system that is able to work independently from your computer that you can fall back on in an emergency (A software MIDI controller that has no hardware mixing capabilities will cease to function should your computer crash or need to be rebooted.)

This is the craziest thing I have ever heard, in my life. This is treasonous, an insult to the Realm, downright blasphemy. If everyone did this, call centers would be desolate, there would be mayhem in the streets, kaos all over the world. Oh....My...God, Becky, the trumpets of the Four Horsemen can be heard all over the lands (well actually it would be Def Leppard singing Armagenddon It, but close enough). This kind of common sense, is forbidden in the Kingdom, and could result is some of your stars, being slowly torn from under your name, and have you banished to the moderation team. We are watching you.

Posté Thu 02 Jan 14 @ 9:15 pm
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
So when VDJ 8 is released does this mean you can keep a copy of the current version AND a copy of version 8 on two pcs (main and back up).
If not does this mean taking a month off work, cancel all gigs so i can test VDJs software at home?
If you can keep both versions on PC, not an issue as i can keep gigging with current version while testing ( thought beta testers did this) new version.

I get the point but in reality i would prefer when version 8 is released it has already been tested before it is released to the public, after all when i buy a pc, tv, fridge i expect it to do the job i bought it for.
I could end up with only version 8 on both main and backup pc. ( in my case not such an issue as i have other software i could use). I guess answering my own question is only update one pc ;-) I will go stick my Def Leppard LP on

Posté Fri 03 Jan 14 @ 3:12 am
paulpa66 wrote :
So when VDJ 8 is released does this mean you can keep a copy of the current version AND a copy of version 8 on two pcs (main and back up).
If not does this mean taking a month off work, cancel all gigs so i can test VDJs software at home?
If you can keep both versions on PC, not an issue as i can keep gigging with current version while testing ( thought beta testers did this) new version.

I get the point but in reality i would prefer when version 8 is released it has already been tested before it is released to the public, after all when i buy a pc, tv, fridge i expect it to do the job i bought it for.
I could end up with only version 8 on both main and backup pc. ( in my case not such an issue as i have other software i could use). I guess answering my own question is only update one pc ;-) I will go stick my Def Leppard LP on

Wow, I knew you would figure it out, it just took you awhile. I also know that you have never, ever, bought a product that failed, or was dead on arrival. That's because beta testers all over the world, catch everything wrong, with every product, before it is released. Just don't put your finger over this antennae, while trying to make a call. Fa fa fa fa Foolin.

Posté Sat 04 Jan 14 @ 11:39 pm
69%