Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet better TEXT plugins needed !

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

the plugins which are available for VDJ that allow us to display text on the screen are very useful
such as essential visuals for example.
i use these on a weekly basis as part of my DJ show

but i cant help but think the text looks so dated and old fashioned.
and nothing has hardly changed in the last 2 years since i started using these plugins !

WE NEED plugins which enable us to display text that has the following

shadows, bevel, emboss, 3D text, textured text, silver and golden looking text, flashing text, fading text, digital LED style text, or special effects like lightning , water, burning text, snow, etc....
also different motion options other than scroll left, right and bounce....

thankyou for these cool features but
COME ON GUYS it is 2014 not 1995 !

:)

Posté Sun 26 Jan 14 @ 8:17 am
I recently redid the text for EV with some of what you mentioned in mind. Initially it's faster and has better shadows and outlines. The main thing though is to give text more pezazz in the future.

This version is not up yet.

Posté Sun 26 Jan 14 @ 3:43 pm

Posté Sun 26 Jan 14 @ 4:43 pm
Don Moir wrote :
I recently redid the text for EV with some of what you mentioned in mind. Initially it's faster and has better shadows and outlines. The main thing though is to give text more pezazz in the future.

This version is not up yet.

thanks for the reply

yes, that is what i am getting at, just to spice it up a little :)

initially a few small updates could be some other kinds of animation such as flashing text with adjustable flash speed, or maybe wobbling text

down the line, some presets would be nice for different styles of text which might be popular.

slightly more jazzy background to the text would be nice too.. instead of just a simple color gradient, it could be something with more detail, like when they display text for TV broadcasts, news, sport etc....

(i have an over active imagination with these things LOL)

also i noticed a couple of issues with essential visuals plugin

once you set text to scroll and bounce you cant stop it
and there is no way to bring layers forward to the front or to put them back behind other layers

Posté Wed 05 Feb 14 @ 5:56 pm
Imagination is a good thing.

I have some fixes for EV coming up.

Marquee panels support moving text and it does not attempt to fit text horizontally. Although more control would be better.

Text panels support non moving text and it fits the text to the given panel size and font size so it is can always be read completely.

As far as panel layering, click a panel in Layout and then select Panel menu item and then select Move To Top or Bottom. Needs improvement though.

Your also free to select any image for the background of any panel. You can also use the VDJ video image for a background.

Posté Wed 05 Feb 14 @ 11:30 pm
it would also be great to be able to show/hide the text. currently it must be deleted and written again in this case

and like i said above, once the text is set to scroll it cant be stopped. so a new panel has to be created if you want static text.

Posté Sat 15 Feb 14 @ 7:55 am
Hi Matty,

I can add ability to hide the contents and/or the whole panel. Not sure how useful it would be though on a general basis. Internally all panels can have an alpha for the entire panel but that is not made available in the interface currently.

Question with Marquee panel is what does it mean to stop the text from scrolling. It makes some sense if the scrolling item fits within the bounds of the panel but does not make much sense if it doesn't. In other words you don't really want it to be clipped and not entirely viewable. It also has no horizontal alignment features so if you stop it, where does it stop, center, right, left, etc.?

Marquee panels are meant to scroll so all contents can be viewed and it does not attempt to fit items horizontally so that do fit.

Also been wanting to add some special panels that are short lived for messaging, song titles, etc. I started some work on this which led to redoing the text but have not finished it.

Here's a quick sample of some new text features. You can have both outlines and shadows at same time with various thickness, offsets, and colors. Should be out in a week. This is a start on some new features I am thinking about.

This has a thick black outline with a light blue shadow.

Posté Tue 25 Feb 14 @ 12:31 pm
groovindj wrote :
What about this? thread from 2011

Pangolin's IMU supports this as well, but this Text Machine is an additional cost and I believe much more difficult to use than what we offer with Essential Visuals.

We'll be releasing an update in just a few days.

Posté Fri 07 Mar 14 @ 3:18 am
Don Moir wrote :
Hi Matty,

I can add ability to hide the contents and/or the whole panel. Not sure how useful it would be though on a general basis. Internally all panels can have an alpha for the entire panel but that is not made available in the interface currently.

Question with Marquee panel is what does it mean to stop the text from scrolling. It makes some sense if the scrolling item fits within the bounds of the panel but does not make much sense if it doesn't. In other words you don't really want it to be clipped and not entirely viewable. It also has no horizontal alignment features so if you stop it, where does it stop, center, right, left, etc.?

Marquee panels are meant to scroll so all contents can be viewed and it does not attempt to fit items horizontally so that do fit.

Also been wanting to add some special panels that are short lived for messaging, song titles, etc. I started some work on this which led to redoing the text but have not finished it.

Here's a quick sample of some new text features. You can have both outlines and shadows at same time with various thickness, offsets, and colors. Should be out in a week. This is a start on some new features I am thinking about.

This has a thick black outline with a light blue shadow.

Great to hear back from you !
That progress with the text looks like a step in the right direction I would bd using that straight away

What I mean about the stopping the text from scrolling , is basically to be able to deactivate the scrolling and the text reset itself to the default position as it was before scrolling was activated
Currently if I type some text it is stationery at the beginning but once I set the scroll speed it never stops because there is no "off" button. I would have to delete this and write it again

In the case of text which is longer than the screen then naturally scrolling could be automatically "on" to view all if it

The idea for making the text (or the whole panel) invisible is also to keep useful panels (or text) around instead of having to delete and create them again every time
An example if this could be a "happy birthday" panel which i made using text and PNG file of balloons
It's something I do not use at every event but keep handy at all times.
Its just less work if one can activate these with one click instead of typing it out again ...while also djing

Posté Thu 13 Mar 14 @ 10:40 am
Hi Matty,

For marquee panels text is never stationary so not sure what you are seeing there. I will take a look though to see if I can improve things here.

I think I need to get transient panels in. Ones that are not static and come and go on the fly. And then we can go from there.

Posté Thu 03 Apr 14 @ 10:00 am
thanks don, i was sure it could be stationary aswell seems i was wrong. just checked there.

by the way how exactly do i update to the new version ?

Posté Wed 09 Apr 14 @ 6:45 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yes please! Just sent you an email... :)

Posté Wed 07 May 14 @ 11:03 am
djsherz, sent to you

Posté Wed 07 May 14 @ 2:35 pm
djBAVPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi Don,
I also sent you email for EV 2.7.
Thank you,
Bruce.

Posté Sat 10 May 14 @ 11:52 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
It's a shame that VDJ's built in text plugin still hasn't been updated for version 8 yet...

Posté Wed 14 May 14 @ 9:20 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)