Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Sujet Any way to change the browser sorting - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
In VDJ 7 if you clicked the top of the column it would sort the music to that column. It does this in 8, but it doesn't set the scroll back to the top like it used to. I'm constantly having to scroll up or down to get to the top or bottom. Can this be changed to work like it did before?

Posté Wed 14 May 14 @ 11:23 am
I agree I would like to see this back again.

Steve

Posté Wed 14 May 14 @ 1:19 pm
Config/browser/keep sort order.

Posté Wed 14 May 14 @ 1:45 pm
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
No, this is something else. We want to after clicking to the top of the column this automatically scroll the whole list back to the top, as in VDJ7.

Posté Wed 14 May 14 @ 2:19 pm
dont think there is an option for that..
Personally i prefer it tons more as it is in VDJ8, where you dont loose the track selected out of view (as you would in V7 if sorting column)

But maybe there could be an option to keep the old behaviour too, currently there is not I think

Posté Wed 14 May 14 @ 2:53 pm
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Yes, such an option would have been ideal. Please add it into the next build ...

Posté Wed 14 May 14 @ 2:58 pm
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
An option would be nice. I really like being able to hit compatible and sort by most played or first seen. Helps out when your down to the last few seconds of track and need a new track to mix in a hurry. It's hard to be social at a gig and not have that happen every once in a while. I could get use to using the VDJ 8 version too though. Maybe if the tabs at the top of the columns were split in two. Left side VDJ 7 sort right side VDJ 8 sort. Best of both worlds is always nice.

Posté Wed 14 May 14 @ 3:28 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
dont think there is an option for that..
Personally i prefer it tons more as it is in VDJ8, where you dont loose the track selected out of view (as you would in V7 if sorting column)

But maybe there could be an option to keep the old behaviour too, currently there is not I think

We really need to have an option to keep the old behavior when sorting music....... this new way is for the
birds............

Posté Tue 20 May 14 @ 11:40 am

Posté Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 5:52 am
Hello, folders are in disarray, as it should appear on the disc are ...

Posté Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 5:55 am
Jason K wrote :
In VDJ 7 if you clicked the top of the column it would sort the music to that column. It does this in 8, but it doesn't set the scroll back to the top like it used to. I'm constantly having to scroll up or down to get to the top or bottom. Can this be changed to work like it did before?

+1

Posté Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 4:25 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
DJ-Elliot wrote :
Jason K wrote :

+1

As far as I know this is a feature.
People wrote that in the wishes forum.

Posté Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 4:46 am
just pressing [HOME] would bring you to the top of any list afaik... not sure what such a 'feature' would win in time...
going back to the position you were at would be more difficult as there is no button for that...

[END] would bring you to the bottom

Posté Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 5:45 am
Jason K wrote :

I wrote something like you described a couple of months back, you explained it better than I did in under 3 sentences!, but +1 from me too

Posté Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 12:19 pm
PachN wrote :
DJ-Elliot wrote :
Jason K wrote :

+1

As far as I know this is a feature.
People wrote that in the wishes forum.

Please programming team, bring back the behavior of the browser like in de V7.

It sucks scary

Lg Stefan

Posté Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 9:40 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
They won't, it doesn't V8 is much better, live with it.

If I have the focus on a track I want the reordered list to follow that track, that's how it has been designed.

Posté Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 3:50 am
I like how it's said it was changed because users asked for it. Well users are also asking to change it back. I have said this many times. It makes no sense to me to remove features that were In previous versions for so long. People want change I understand that. Give an option then. Allow us the end user to customize what we want. With the many new options v8 gives us. It would be nice to be able to choose what new and what old features we use

Posté Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 8:50 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
user the home key or the end key, or if those are mapped use shift+home or shift+end. It's one button press to get to the top or bottom, it's impossible to return to a specific track by one button press.

Posté Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 11:28 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
locodog wrote :
They won't, it doesn't V8 is much better, live with it.

If I have the focus on a track I want the reordered list to follow that track, that's how it has been designed.

^this

locodog wrote :
user the home key or the end key, or if those are mapped use shift+home or shift+end. It's one button press to get to the top or bottom, it's impossible to return to a specific track by one button press.

^ and this

Posté Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 7:34 am
locodog wrote :

Theoretically, you're right. In practice, it is annoying and I would have the evening in the search 100 times take your hand off the mouse and the Pos1 key (because that is on the right side).

In the options, a setting that everyone can set it the way he wants, I would hope.

I play about 80 jobs a year and it is definitely annoying for me when I click on the songs of a folder will sort through the browser header just after BPM, year, etc., and the browser is then somewhere in the middle.

Please build a switchover or at least make it so that the Broser stands up when previously no search string was entered into the field (after all, you want to sort then just ..... !!!!!!!!

Posté Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 12:50 am
54%