Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Sampler - Wishes & new features - Page: 10

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hi All, I was wondering if there is any possibility of having the "sequencer" feature soon for VDJ 8.2? is there any plan of having it in the coming releases ?
I meant something similar to the remix decks in Traktor, or the sequencer used in Rekordbox ( I mean similar not a copy of those plugin, because I beleive VirtualDJ staff can do better work all the time).I a fan of VirtualDJ long time ago so I am looking forward of having this kind of feature. Now I am using the VDJ sampler with all its capabilities and it is awesome but I am thinking of this feature in case I want to build my own loop live for once and let it play in the sequencer for as long as I want instead of keep playing it by fingers, since I am using the DDJ-SZ with the performance pads.
Thank you

Posté Tue 05 Sep 17 @ 12:35 pm
I use the sampler in a mix of Video/Audio and Audio Only. Selecting a Video will only play the audio unless I enable the video which means I need to turn off video at the end to keep from overriding the video from the other application I am running. I suggest that VIDEO sample edit includes a button that would turn on video at the launch point of the video and turn it off at the end. If the video is already on at the time of launch then leave it on (do nothing).

Posté Mon 16 Oct 17 @ 2:53 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I don't believe how the developers have ignored simple requests over the years, I asked this question over three and a half years ago, what is the point of any of these request forums if you simply refuse or ignore or worse still are unable to implement simple requests of your users. As far as I can see you have left it up to a third party developer to make any progress on the video side of things.

Has this company gone as far as it can in development of it's product because it is certainly acting as those it has. I used to love this programme but your neglect and total disregard for it's core users has now made me look at it as just another piece of kit... so disappointed.

Posté Sat 21 Oct 17 @ 11:37 pm
tayla wrote :
I would love to know the amount of requests or wishes that have been made for the video sampler alone never mind any other part of the software in the past three year's and how many have actually being implemented, these wish list forums are only here for padding and serve no real purpose.

A crazy amount has been implemented in the software in general (I don't use the sampler so much)
I've seen smaller requests being implemented and released in and early access release within 24h

It's really quite astonishing how fast it goes sometimes, and VDJ release new features almost every week
That can't be said about anyone else in the DJ software business, and while it can be overwhelming how much new stuff arrives in VDJ, it's one of the reasons I love VDJ - even though a do understand the people complaing that it's hard to keep up :-)

Take a look for yourself (and this is not including minor fixes):
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/changelog.html?view=advanced
The latest enhancement to the sampler that I spotted was in BUILD 3967 about 3 weeks ago

Posté Sun 19 Nov 17 @ 12:46 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
As I said, nothing has changed, requests from years ago ignored, simple things or even complicated one's. They have left the video sampler as it was when V8 was first released practically, they have left all the work to an outside video plugin to be used. Shameful.

Posté Fri 24 Nov 17 @ 2:41 am
Thank god there is at least some people like tayla not trying to be a 'yes' man. They don't need that. Hard to believe than no one in Atomix can spot the simple errors in Sampler. Not talking about new features. To me entire company is responsible for testing.

Posté Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 5:50 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Feel free to add requests. All I could find is posts where you said no improvements have been made, but I couldn't find any actual video sampler requests. (Video effects have been added, transparent video sample support had been added, bigger previews on the sample pad had been added, skin options for separate sampler have been shown, and with the addition of pads on the decks recently you also have the option to trigger samples from there, skin options to show the previews on both decks have been shown)

Posté Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 6:12 am
You did all that and missed simple problems? You find them... Hint: go into sample editor with a video sample... change something... exit sampler clicking yes to save

Posté Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 6:30 am
took me a minute to find that. tried changing sample file name and it didn't save change on exit when clicking X and yes

Posté Thu 30 Nov 17 @ 11:05 am
DId you not note that the entire sampler image of the video became blank gray... Is still there but is completely blank. Probably a number of other things easy to come up with as will. Has to be a video sample and not an image sample. Has been like that forever.

Posté Fri 01 Dec 17 @ 4:47 am
Would like to be able to implement looping on compressed files.

Posté Tue 06 Mar 18 @ 2:25 pm
HI I would find it much easier if:
1. The individual sample volumes were remembered.
2. If there was a group volume control for each bank of samples.

I have found that the volume of all the default samples in each bank are about the same.
So would make it real easy if you implemented option 2. but the group volumes should also be remembered.
That way I would rarely ever have the need the change them once set.

Posté Wed 01 Aug 18 @ 10:33 pm
Kenny Speed wrote :

I have found that the volume of all the default samples in each bank are about the same.
So would make it real easy if you implemented option 2. but the group volumes should also be remembered.

in the sample editor the gain is remember for each sample see image below

learn more about sample editor here -> https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/editors/samplereditor.html

Posté Wed 01 Aug 18 @ 11:01 pm
wickedmix wrote :
Kenny Speed wrote :

in the sample editor the gain is remember for each sample see image below

Cool thanks that should help.

learn more about sample editor here -> https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/editors/samplereditor.html

Posté Sun 05 Aug 18 @ 11:08 pm
dfyffePRO InfinityMember since 2003
Please restore the sampler load script command that work great for me in vdj7, did not migrate to vdj8 because of this. sampler 1 load "1pullup.mp3" & sampler 1 play_stutter, will load and play a audio file on the fly, is there another way to do this ?

Posté Sun 13 Jan 19 @ 12:59 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
you can enter the full file path of the sample using sample_play directly

Posté Sun 13 Jan 19 @ 1:47 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
V8 does it differently, you need to set up banks with your samples and then call the bank and the slot to play a sample

sampler_bank "my_bank" & sampler_play_stutter 6

Posté Sun 13 Jan 19 @ 1:53 pm
dfyffePRO InfinityMember since 2003
locodog wrote :
V8 does it differently, you need to set up banks with your samples and then call the bank and the slot to play a sample

sampler_bank "my_bank" & sampler_play_stutter 6

Here is the application, I play on a internet radio, I have a bat file running in the background that copies a random sample every 30 sec to my sample directory overwriting the file, so after every 30 sec when I press my sampler button, a different sound it played. 'Your option is preloading the samples'.

Posté Sun 13 Jan 19 @ 2:53 pm
it would be nice to add some more " kick clap"' variations at the instruments. Thanks

Posté Wed 06 Mar 19 @ 12:59 pm
There are plenty of samples available online. You can of course sample your own from tracks in your collection.

Posté Wed 06 Mar 19 @ 5:18 pm
70%