Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Virtual DJ 8 ; Pitch will not change.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

So I just recently got Virtual DJ 8, And I tried changing the pitch to a 5.6, the thing is, the pitch stayed the same, but the song only got slower. Please respond.

Posté Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 3:01 am
Please check whether keylock is turned on or not (Click on the round button next to the - / + buttons under the pitch slider.)

With keylock on, the audible key of the song will stay the same when speeding up or slowing down the tempo with the pitch slider. Most Dj's will want this on so that the song retains its correct original key while allowing you to speed it up or slow it down to beat match.

With keylock off, the key will change up/down as the tempo is increased/decreased.

Posté Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 4:56 am
This doesn't quite answer my question which I think is the same as the first one mentioned here. I want to change the pitch (i.e. key the song is being played in) and do this independently of the tempo (i.e. speed at which the song is played). How do I do this? It seems to me that the PITCH slider in fact alters the TEMPO rather than the PITCH?

Posté Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 9:00 am
Traditionally it was called a pitch slider because it was (as legend has it) fitted to Technics SL1200s for karaoke purposes. The only way to change pitch then was to alter the tempo.

To change pitch without changing tempo, see the key section. Changing key = changing pitch.

Posté Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 9:11 am
AchieryHome userMember since 2017
I have watched many videos on youtube and all that stuff but I just can't figure out how to adjust the pitch. I am missing some buttons they have on youtube.

Posté Sun 02 Apr 17 @ 9:26 pm
You mean the key (not the speed/tempo)?

It differs from skin to skin, but on the default VDJ 8 skin, click the chevrons to the right of the key display in the deck area.

Posté Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 5:06 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)