Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Sujet Controlling QLC+ DMX lighting program from VDJ8 via MIDI IAC Driver on Mac? - Page: 3

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

sh6397PRO Infinity(VDJartnet plugin - QLC+)Member since 2012
Nice, the plugin is still pending review however if you would like to help test it then we sent you a link to the VDJartnet GitHub repository and please do test and submit issues and or pull requests with any suggestions or bugs that you found.

Posté Thu 01 Jun 17 @ 11:00 am
Friendly bump on this...

Posté Thu 22 Jun 17 @ 4:35 pm
sh6397PRO Infinity(VDJartnet plugin - QLC+)Member since 2012
Thanks, still pending review, the config tool is also under development and should be bundled with the next release, the Mac version works fine however we're having some trouble with the Windows version, if anyone has experience of Windows Forms that would be appreciated. The most up to date version is on GitHub and if you can assist please that is the place to do so, we are happy to message you the link via a Personal Message or it can be searched for, it is called VDJartnet.

Posté Thu 22 Jun 17 @ 8:57 pm
DJNWORHome userMember since 2017
I'm excited to see this is a featured approved plugin. please keep this thread alive!

Posté Mon 14 May 18 @ 6:11 pm
DJNWORHome userMember since 2017
Has any one tested to see if this works with Lightkeyapp for at least bpm sync?

Posté Mon 14 May 18 @ 8:13 pm
Compiled PC version, some adjustments were needed :

The plugin is still somehow unstable the first time it is use but works like a charm once config is ok
The config form is still in development and have some strange issues with copy/past but not a real problem

QLC+ works fine even with VDJ Script like "get_level & param_multiply 255 & set VDJartnetsend"
(Make sure QLC+ does not send to the same IP/port, and add a DMX input profile)

Only one Artnet DMX512 bloc is send so that there is no reason for it not to work with any other software

Posté Mon 02 Jul 18 @ 3:38 pm
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Been playing with QLC+ and I have to say I really like it.

What do I need to do or configure within this plugin to send the bpm/beat grid to QLC+ so I can have chases etc sync?

The documentation is a little lite on info.

Appreciate any advice.

Posté Thu 05 Jul 18 @ 1:25 pm
The Last Release to Download dont Work in Windows. VDJ 8 says that plugin is incompatible. Who can Upload a working version Here ? with working config File...i dont have possibilities to compile GitHub Version
Regards Ralf

Posté Thu 16 Aug 18 @ 6:25 pm
bluesreen2 wrote :
The Last Release to Download dont Work in Windows. VDJ 8 says that plugin is incompatible. Who can Upload a working version Here ? with working config File...i dont have possibilities to compile GitHub Version
Regards Ralf

Tried and tried and tried.....now its working with Windows ! Testet with Windows 7 64bit and Windows 10 64bit

1.) download newest VDJArtnet dll from here or the date newest dll from here and download also config.txt and presets.txt from here, download via "Clone or download"-button as zip. Extract the zip to get the booth txt-files. Do not get the text-files via "save as.." directly from github. The files are then corrupt and you will have empty config and empty presets.
2.) put the dll to C:\Users\...\Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\Autostart. (If there is no folder Autostart, make it). Make also a folder into Autostart called "VDJArtnet" and put the text-files into.
3.) start VDJ 8 or 2018 and switch in the middle section from Mixer to Master fader. You will now see a the button with dropdown "Master Effekt" . Dropdown and look for entry "Autostart". Its a folder so go in and find VDJArtnet plugin to enable it. If behind the Plugin-name says "(incompatible)" then close VDJ and do Step 4 otherwise Step 5.
4.) Install "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable für Visual Studio 2017" x86-Version (vc_redist.x86.exe) from here
My thought was for my windows 7 64bit to install x64-version. False! Must be x86 ! Otherwise plugin is "incomaptible" and cannot enabled.
5.) there were you enabled the plugin in VDJ you can go also to plugin config.It will be shown right bottom edge. Push there config-button. Now two windows with config and presets will come up.
6.) in config window IP-Adress is 127.0.0.1 for VDJ and QLC on same PC. Otherwise you should insert IP from PC where QLC is working.
7.) First code-line is pre-insert as: var $artnet 1 ? set $VDJartnetSend 255 : set $VDJartnetSend 0
This does not work at my booth windows-PCs. No data was transfered to QLC+. So the solution is: var artnet 1 ? set $VDJartnetSend 255 : set $VDJartnetSend 0 .... without "$" only before artnet .!!! Rest is ok.
8.) First testing a preset that should send data every beat. Marker line 2 of config-window so it goes blue. Now pick "Every beat" from presets-window and drag to markered line of config-window. The code is insert and works. Beware ! If you drag a "CUE" preset then you must delete the "$" as in Step 7 written. CUE Code in plugin is activated by VDJ in Poi Editor if you set Cue-Point as action . There you insert only: set artnet 1 or set artnet 2 .
9.) In QLC+ you go to input/output and set input to Artnet 127.0.0.1. Make a profile. To test make a scene and a button in virtual console. Make button as flash and external input manual to Artnet channel 2 (in Step 8 we have send "Every beat" from VDJ.

Hope, it helps !

regards, Ralf

Posté Sun 19 Aug 18 @ 7:28 am
cnaylPRO InfinityMember since 2016

Posté Sat 25 Aug 18 @ 12:16 pm
Thanks for that info - I managed to get it working based on this info. I found like you that the $ needed removing so would be good to have that edit put into the master download. Only issue I found is that in VDJ, clicking the Config button doesn't open up the editor so I ended up just editing the text files outside of VDJ.

Posté Tue 28 Aug 18 @ 10:28 am
Since we are all happy about the 64 bit version of VDJ ...
Is there a compatible version of VDJArtnet soon?

Posté Tue 28 Aug 18 @ 3:55 pm
cnayl wrote :
Thanks for that info - I managed to get it working based on this info. I found like you that the $ needed removing so would be good to have that edit put into the master download. Only issue I found is that in VDJ, clicking the Config button doesn't open up the editor so I ended up just editing the text files outside of VDJ.

Try other dll-file. One of both Download links in my thread has this problem, other shows the config and preset window from VDJ . Did you make the folder called VDJArtnet in Autostart folder and put the txt files into?

Posté Tue 28 Aug 18 @ 8:02 pm
Hi, I need help ...
How do I synchronize cue between virtual dj 8.3 and qlc +
I have the VDJarnet plugins running well inside virtual dj 8
but I do not know how to make the cue receive them qlc +
thank you very much I am from Argentina
regards !!!!!

Posté Mon 03 Sep 18 @ 5:07 am
Hi, I need help ...
How do I synchronize cue between virtual dj 8.3 and qlc +
I have the VDJarnet plugins running well inside virtual dj 8
but I do not know how to make the cue receive them qlc +
thank you very much I am from Argentina
regards !!!!!

Posté Mon 03 Sep 18 @ 5:18 am
hello !!!!
Cue 001~var $artnet 1 ? set $VDJartnetsend 255 : set $VDJartnetsend 0
Cue 002~var $artnet 3 ? set $VDJartnetsend 255 : set $VDJartnetsend 0
Cue 003~var $artnet 4 ? set $VDJartnetsend 255 : set $VDJartnetsend 0
Cue 004~var $artnet 5 ? set $VDJartnetsend 255 : set $VDJartnetsend 0
Cue 005~var $artnet 6 ? set $VDJartnetsend 255 : set $VDJartnetsend 0

there seems to be an error in PRESETS TXT. between Cue 002 and Cue 005 --------ej: Cue 002~var $artnet 3
cue 2 is $artnet 3 .....I ask???

Posté Mon 03 Sep 18 @ 6:25 am
billyino wrote :
hello !!!!
Cue 001~var $artnet 1 ? set $VDJartnetsend 255 : set $VDJartnetsend 0
Cue 002~var $artnet 3 ? set $VDJartnetsend 255 : set $VDJartnetsend 0
Cue 003~var $artnet 4 ? set $VDJartnetsend 255 : set $VDJartnetsend 0
Cue 004~var $artnet 5 ? set $VDJartnetsend 255 : set $VDJartnetsend 0
Cue 005~var $artnet 6 ? set $VDJartnetsend 255 : set $VDJartnetsend 0

there seems to be an error in PRESETS TXT. between Cue 002 and Cue 005 --------ej: Cue 002~var $artnet 3
cue 2 is $artnet 3 .....I ask???

This is not a Problem. In VDJ rightclick in waveform then Poieditor comes up. There new cue give a name and Set as Action and only marker. Right you can write a command like " set artnet 1 " (without ") or set artnet 2 and so on...

In Config of plugin it runs through the lines and looks for var artnet 1. If its used in first line then the following script code will run in artnet channel 1 and will catched in QLC+ on channel 1.

If you set in VDJ command "set artnet 2" and in plugin var artnet 2 is used in line 5, then its send to QLC+ artnet channel 5.

For Windows you should read my last postings here in this thread.

To test communication between VDJ and QLC you can put in the preset "in every Beat" in a line you wish. Line=Channel of artnet in QLC.

For POI Editor you must understand that the Action command uses variables. You can also write "set bnet 1" This means only that in VDJ localy is set a variable bnet to value 1. If you do so, then you have to take in a line of plugin config the var bnet 1.... following the script command ....

Once set in POI editor a variable to a value it will never Stop the command to artnet channel. You must set another Cue in POI editor where you set variable to value 0 (dont use var 0 in Config) If you make a flash Button in QLC or other value e.g. 2 to set other button over channel (line in Config where you used var bnet 2)....

regards Ralf

Posté Tue 04 Sep 18 @ 9:59 am
ok gracias amigo Ralph

Posté Tue 04 Sep 18 @ 9:22 pm
bluesreen2 wrote :
cnayl wrote :

Try other dll-file. One of both Download links in my thread has this problem, other shows the config and preset window from VDJ . Did you make the folder called VDJArtnet in Autostart folder and put the txt files into?

I'vr tried both and get same lack of config window with both. Yes I have the folder created etc and VDJ does as is configured, so it's reading the config file okay.

Posté Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 2:32 pm
Try this windows-dll : www.cave-live.info/VDJArnet.zip

I compiled a github version from 05/2018 and put some presets in it. Newer version have much bugs and will crash Virtual DJ.

For this version you need no preset.txt or config.txt. After first start it creates a VDJArtnet.ini and a VDJArtnet.conf near the dll-file.
These files are not to edit. All used presets or selfmade-lines in the config will paste in conf-file.

On my Windows 10 and Windows 7 notebook it works with config-popup. Also just one instance of config-windows is always open.
One little problem i see is that if you will close VDJ with open config-windows it seems there a problem in code. I will search for solution.
Try and give me a feedback.

regards Ralf

Posté Tue 09 Oct 18 @ 11:20 am
48%