Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Windows unable to read files

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

djcrs1PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Good evening everyone i need some advice here,I currently have 2 systems a mac and a pc.The mac i believe i am running 10.9.2 and the windows running 8
On my mac i created a few virtual folders with a dozen or so songs in them,They play fine and no problems at all with my mac,I have my external drive formatted to exfat,I also have an external drive formatted to windows nt file system with the same music and i copied the virtual dj local database xml file that was put on the external hard drive by virtual dj,So here is the problem when i use either hard drive connected to the pc with windows and try to load a song that was created on my mac from virtual dj i get an error.I don't understand why this is happening and its not all the songs just a few possible out of 12 songs many 5 of them,When i connect either drive to the mac there is no problem at all,all songs load up.I i ran the check clean and fix in the config browser tab in virtual dj on the windows machine and same problem.I really want to use the windows machine over the mac,Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for the help

Posté Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 9:41 am
First, which version of VDJ are you using? Second, I don't know anything about Mac, but does it see drives, the same way that Windows recognizes drives? It seems that the file path may be different, between the machines.

Posté Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 11:55 am
does doing the add to search db make a difference on the windows machine, Did you make the drive letter neutral for both machines?

Posté Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 12:02 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
First, which version of VDJ are you using? Second, I don't know anything about Mac, but does it see drives, the same way that Windows recognizes drives? It seems that the file path may be different, between the machines.

i am using virtual dj 7 and both mac and windows can see the drive because i have it formatted in fat32

Posté Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 6:19 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
does doing the add to search db make a difference on the windows machine, Did you make the drive letter neutral for both machines?

i did the add to search and no difference,how do i make the drive letter the same for both machines ?

Posté Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 6:22 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :

Im not sure its a file path issue because some songs work some do not,i cannot explain that

Posté Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 6:48 pm
I'm working now, so can't look at version 7, and don't remember what it actually says. Right click the file on the windows machine, and I think it says file info. What does it say as far as the file path? Does it say impossible to play or something like that, at the bottom?

Posté Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 8:33 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Open up Disk Utility and check the partition scheme of your external hard drive - it might be set to GUID or Apple Partition Map.

Change it to Master Boot Record - see if that resolves the issue.

Posté Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 3:27 am
teproControlleristMember since 2011
I wonder if VirtualDJ 5.1, runs well in VirtualDJ 8.0. Thank you.

Posté Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 12:59 pm
Tepro, your question has nothing to do with this topic, and makes no sense. Please do not hijack this topic.

Posté Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 11:56 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)