Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet sampler volume control

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

stonbriPRO InfinityMember since 2010
hello fellow djs, can someone tell me if it's possible to control the volume of a sample playing OTHER THAN changing the pad layout ( to which layout I can't remember ) and adjusting the volume that way with the mouse. I am using an ns7ii and VDJ 8

Posté Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 6:06 am
Yes, you can assign either an overall sampler output volume or a "per pad" volume to a custom knob on the skin or your controller.

Posté Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 12:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The Volume of the Samples is available in the List View of Sampler. You can also use sampler_volume_master to adjust the Master volume of the Sampler, or sampler_volume x to adjust the volume of the x slot (along with the Samples that belong to the same group) or sampler_volume_nogroup x to adjust the volume of the x slot (without changing the volume of the other samples of the same group)
Dont include the x (slot number) to the code if you wish to apply the action to the default/selected sample
Use the smart knobs of the Default skins to assign them to the above actions

Posté Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 1:09 pm
djdad wrote :
The Volume of the Samples is available in the List View of Sampler. You can also use sampler_volume_master to adjust the Master volume of the Sampler, or sampler_volume x to adjust the volume of the x slot (along with the Samples that belong to the same group) or sampler_volume_nogroup x to adjust the volume of the x slot (without changing the volume of the other samples of the same group)
Dont include the x (slot number) to the code if you wish to apply the action to the default/selected sample
Use the smart knobs of the Default skins to assign them to the above actions

ok that was confusing as hell

Posté Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 2:02 pm
groovindj wrote :
Yes, you can assign either an overall sampler output volume or a "per pad" volume to a custom knob on the skin or your controller.

Can you elaborate a little more on implementing that option

Posté Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 2:03 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If VDJ script is Chinese to you and want to adjust the volume of the Samples with mouse, simply change the View of the Sampler to the List (using the triggerpad view button) and rightclick to one of the fields headers to add the Volume field.

Posté Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 3:51 pm
yes i would prefer NOT to control the volume with a mouse, preferably with a button. Btw where is the sampler volume master knob/option

Posté Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 4:50 am
See page 21 of the User Guide for info on custom buttons & knobs.

Posté Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 5:29 am
looking a t the user guide yes would help but I wouldn't be asking if I still needed help.

Posté Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 6:24 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Maybe in the future instead as a solid bar as the volume indicator in the sampler show the volume in digital level eg 1,2,3.

Posté Sun 28 Sep 14 @ 2:39 pm
Hello guys, mine is vdj 7.4.1 pro. I want to know if there is a way to lower the overall volume of samples in headphone without affecting that in the master output. At times I need to lower all sounds coming through headphone, but lowering headphone volume doesn't affect sample volume. The sample volumes remains the same as in the master output. Thanks in advance

Posté Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 10:10 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
In VDJ 8 my controller monitor section deals with the master to headphone ratio once the headphone output is set to cue. What contoller have you got?
It's easy in VDJ 8, I've just had a quick look at 7 and can't see any simple way.

Posté Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 10:38 am
Am currently not using any controller, It just the software. Is there any hard way to get this done in vdj 7.4.1 pro? And also in vdj 8, how do I get this done? Thank you very much.

Posté Fri 10 Apr 15 @ 2:49 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Dj Akdls wrote :
Hello guys, mine is vdj 7.4.1 pro.

You possibly might use the worng account or forgot to register your version. Your avatar still shows up as home user.... ;-)
Try the 4 deck skin and assing the sampler to a unused deck .... volume control is much more effective especially when using the eq to optimize.
separate sampler volume control on headphome is not possible atm as far as i know

Posté Fri 10 Apr 15 @ 3:02 am
It just a home thing that I do, but no doubt, you have a point. Thanks anyway, I get the idea. The difference is I won't be able to use my shortcuts with the deck.

Posté Fri 10 Apr 15 @ 4:10 am
...but it is with a decent controller with cue/master pan, and a separate sampler volume control for the headphones. I have complete control over the samples in my headphones, and it is just another channel with a headphone cue button that I assign to a controller.

Posté Fri 10 Apr 15 @ 5:42 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
You can do this by going into advance soundcard config and assign sampler to internal sound card and control your volume that way as a Master, or if you have extra channels on your main sound card.. many ways to do this.

Good Luck

Posté Fri 10 Apr 15 @ 6:51 pm
VDJ 8 will simply send the sampler output all by itself to the headphone channel. As normal, cue buttons control what is heard in the headphones. This is the only "correct way", and a dedicated sampler headphone cue button will appear on controllers in the future. For the moment we need to assign are own.

Note: I say this is the only correct way because VDJ 8 designers created the "sampler output to headphone channel" option for the purpose of previewing, and cuing a sample.

Posté Sat 11 Apr 15 @ 5:57 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)