Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Midi Mixer for VDJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi, I have been a long time user of VDJ and have two Pioneer CDJ-400's, which integrate very well with VDJ. I was using these with the matching analog mixer (Pioneer DJM-400), which obviously involved routing the audio to it separately from each VDJ deck via the headphone jack and a USB soundcard.

I no longer have this mixer and ideally would like a two channel mixer to operate VDJ's mixer section. I will probably not use the soundcard in the mixer as I then prefer to route the audio out to a Bose T1 Tonematch Audio Engine and then onto my Bose L1 speakers.

Can anyone recommended a good quality midi mixer that works well with VDJ? If not, I guess a controller such as the Denon 6000 would be required.

Thanks.

Posté Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 7:15 am
If you're going to use an external mixer, why do you want to control VDJ's on-screen "pretend mixer"?

When you have an actual physical mixer, there's no need for that software one. You can just send the audio from each deck directly out to your real mixer.

Posté Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 7:40 am
there are a few midi mixers out there that are pretty basic, ( dj tech mixer one & the even more basic x-session pro) but honestly using something like the mc6000 gives you so much more, no longer using the headphone jack & external usb sound card is worth the upgrade alone!

Posté Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 7:45 am
Pioneer DJM T1, it's midi and has PLENTY on knobs and buttons for effects, hot cues and sampler plus it has a soundcard built in!

And know the soundcard works with VDJ 8.

It also has transport controls so it can be used without tables/CDJ's.

Posté Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 10:19 am
Thanks for the replies above so far, in answer the various points raised:

1. I want to use the VDJ internal mixer, as I then output the audio via a single USB to the Bose T1 Tonematch Audio Engine. I then further split this to go to the two Bose L1 speakers. The sound quality is excellent as taking a digital signal straight out of VDJ and into the Bose system. I can also input two (L/R) analog signals into this unit and have done in the past from my old Pioneer DJM-400. I just prefer the simpler single USB approach straight out of VDJ, plus when doing karaoke, the video is in line with the audio as I transition between tracks.

2. I actually had a Pioneer DJM-T1 until I sold it recently on eBay. Although its a quality piece of kit, the lack of native integration with VDJ caused some issues, in terms of crashing when pressing some of the buttons (using the mapper on this site). I didn't really want to risk this when gigging, so decided to sell it - I mainly just do mobile DJing and karaoke work, so my need for effects and samples is not that great, nor do I scratch or do anything too complex. I therefore want a smaller and simpler midi mixer, but of similar build quality. I know the Pioneer DJM-250/350's are not midi compatible, but something like those but with midi control would be ideal for my needs. I'm struggling to find anything that fits my fairly simple requirements and will definitely work flawlessly with VDJ.

3. I guess I could just pick up a DJM-400 again off eBay and revert to the analog route (though this wouldn't help with the karaoke visuals) or alternatively get something like the Denon MC6000 and sell the Pioneer CDJ-400's - if anyone can give me opinions on the Denon unit or any other suitable alternative, I would be very grateful.

By the way, I also tried Traktor with the DJM-T1, which worked really well, but I really didn't like the software, so I'm just using VDJ now, which is definitely the best out there for my needs.

If anyone has an more comments on the above, please post.

Thanks.

Posté Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 7:09 am
Should of checked the mappers download page cause there is a DJM T1 map there and I've never had a crash with it but you sold so let's move on now, lol!!

I also use a Pioneer DJM 800 which is a 4 channel mixer and I do have the mixer mapped to VDJ's but there fake commands if you know what I'm talking about.

Posté Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 7:30 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)