Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet build install gone bad

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Sclavel needs to be more clear about how to install (not just download) previous builds. I deleted the version working,downloaded the build but no shortcut,no program under C drive/programs and would not set up at all.so the builds downloaded from the downloads section are "layovers" to your regular installed vdj8,correct? cause I'm having to do this again in top of trying all the builds that work as my config is changing again.so I have to start with the one I know installs as a "left,right" config...I am upset because vdj its back to locking up and not shutting down and following the advice of Dj Dad did not work,though I'm not blaming him.this bug I'm getting was introduced in one of the updates after build 1872...I will install 1872 first then run 1878 over it...is this correct?

Posté Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 7:15 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You have V8 installed yes?
OK let's say 1902 is the one that works for you. (I only said this number because I struggled to read your post)
Download
http://virtualdj.com/download/virtualdj8/pc/1902/zip
Extract
Take the .exe and replace the one in \program files\virtual dj
Profit
This is my folder, I copied and renamed the current exe before updating, they all work.
http://pbrd.co/1wYtnFN

Posté Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 8:20 pm
nope..deleted it all (maps and settings,actually moved them outside of vdj) reintalled 1872,opened vdj8 making sure that it it is back to the "left,right" config,remapped it again for swap decks etc ,disabled updates (so as to manually do them by downloading the next build,1878...its all good!.what needs to be sayd its that the builds are "layovers" and that you need to have a previous version installed....and there's no "strugglin to read my posts" you guys just dont speak 3 generations of "urban" english,not hip enough :)

Posté Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 8:45 pm
now to "layover" the next build...1890.should be able to go up to 1897.I believe 1910 is the one that kills it for me...

Posté Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 9:08 pm
We have retards here too, but I ain't no Landan yuth blud, dyu ken wegi? I canny be bova wi tha bawlache translatein ur pish, yu ken?

No lay overs, each exe is a complete item, think about it, if you had 1820 or something and didn't update till now, you wouldn't have to update 10/15 times you update once to current.

Posté Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 9:22 pm
Ha,ha hey have you even checked out my issue at hand? no matter ....I had to delete it all to start anew as vdj keeps reconfiguring itself on me and I know it happened somewhere in the last two builds? so I have ten browser tabs opened for all threads pertaining to this and/or about the builds? same as you clones..:)

Posté Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 9:48 pm
he,I see what your saying about renaming the build installers,I made a folder named "builds" and inside a folder for each one I download.as for "if I had vdj installed before I ran the builds" ..no..because when my configurations do the reset deal Im having to uninstall vdj and reinstall the one that I happended to have the original installer for.that is vs1872 because I had downloaded it from cnet,and I have 1932 from my download section,which kills my config.so I've read what had been "fixed" in all of them.nothing bluntly related to my controller.so I'm having to "zero" it down to one of the updates.anyway all I know is that if I totally uninstall vdj those "complete" build install as you reffered them to did not install and there was no desktop icon and nothing in programs/virtualdj and even in system 32 folder...if you want to check that out...go right ahead .

Posté Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 10:14 pm
Loco,sorry bro I just saw what I was downloading,adding "zip" at the end I was downloading the executable ...anyways,still a mess here..
edit: because if I use the full installer it might overide what I've had working so far..

Posté Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 2:07 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Please remember this is an English only forum, please post in English, use the forum posted as double Dutch, pass the Dutchie on the left hand side, or even the new third generation Urban forum situated just below the Ganga forums which when using common sense can be found below the it's all "Greek to me" forum.

Posted on behalf of the "keep the English forums" "English mate" not to be confused with the "Lets be lazy and hip English" users.... rofl

Posté Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 6:02 am
It's not the language that's the problem. It's the lack of spaces between the sentences & phrases, and the lack of capitals.

AMAHM comes a close second, with, his overuse, of commas, in his, posts! :-)

Posté Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 6:58 am
@tayla Magic :)

@groovin Maybe AMAHM uses speech to text and also has asthma.

Posté Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 7:31 am
Okay,back to da biz at hand...what Dj Dad dont realize is that I was manually installing these,and will need to as I'm not getting any updates? yes,updates enabled but I've removed the device Dat or vdj wont shut down...hmm

Posté Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 8:05 pm
poor AMAHM,bad enough having to live in the overpopulated,polluted jungle (???) now wait a minute! what am I doing joining in this conversation?...

Posté Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 9:26 pm
Well?...he,he

Posté Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 10:31 pm
oh,I forgot its bedtime for you mates :)....well I managed to get to build 1897 by having to uninstall vdj and re-intall using the 1897 intaller.. to start with a "left,right" config again and remap...

Posté Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 1:20 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)