Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet DVS ENGINE 8 - rock solid timecode performance - Great feedback and reviews!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

BPM Show 2014

- "Stopping by the Virtual DJ stand late in the day yielded some excellent news .. the VDJ DVS engine has been overhauled, and it’s very good indeed.... we attacked the new version with a sustained series of hardcore scratches and ultra-slow drags. We applied the most extreme techniques designed to see if there was any latency, audio breakup, or drift. And after a handful of attempts, we’re happy to report that Virtual DJ 8 can now hold its head high and be taken seriously as a DVS package...a fully fledged DJ package for controllers and DVS "
- DJ WORX http://djworx.com/virtual-dj-8-cuts-big-boys/

"Virtual DJ has relaunched its DVS engine as part of Virtual DJ 8, and the company is showing it for the first time here at at the BPM Show – and the performance is every bit as good as any other system out there, we can report"
- Digital DJ Tips http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2014/09/bpm-2014-serato-control-vinyl-whats-software/

Posté Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 3:27 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Just in time lads (& maybe lasses?), words and pictures go some way but I'd suggest some videos are the prescribed PR. If you've got it, flaunt it

Posté Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 4:13 pm
will come some vids too ;)

Posté Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 4:48 pm
I saw it in person at BPM, and I'm definitely no scratch DJ, but it felt tight and solid. And no sticker drift! There was a real buzz about it on the show floor... Think there's video of it in action on DJ Worx somewhere.

I might get round to reaching a record deck out of my garage now to give it a go... :-)

Posté Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 8:04 pm
What build has the new DVS engine in it? After a decade in storage, this has me thinking it's time to pull the turntables out and have a little fun...

Posté Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 11:07 pm
andytaylor125 wrote :
I saw it in person at BPM, and I'm definitely no scratch DJ, but it felt tight and solid. And no sticker drift! There was a real buzz about it on the show floor... Think there's video of it in action on DJ Worx somewhere.

I might get round to reaching a record deck out of my garage now to give it a go... :-)

Go to Eliskins channel or GetintoTheMix's channel there's a video of Etoniks but it's hard to hear over all the other noises at BPM.

Posté Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 3:20 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I think that is the video

Posté Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 3:24 am
djoddity wrote :
What build has the new DVS engine in it? After a decade in storage, this has me thinking it's time to pull the turntables out and have a little fun...

The latest build of VDJ 8 - if you opted in for getting beta fixes you have it (build 1957)
If not, you will have it as a public update in not long, perhaps even today ;)

To opt in for beta builds : http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html

Posté Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 5:20 am

Posté Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 5:16 pm
Well a big name and a strong performance (dj&software) is a start, but (forgive me if this sounds stupid) how about a video, shot with something, you know, a bit better than a hand held device, by some with a bit more video shooting qualification than being there at the time, with the sound... I don't know, maybe from the line out? perhaps without 8 other rigs making noise around the performance.

All sarcasm aside, this PR iron is hot, strike with a pro video. A week from now this stops being news.

Posté Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 8:00 pm

More pro videos with clear sound will come ;)
These videos where shot on location in the moments, at a tradeshow.. hence the handheld cam and sound quality..

Posté Thu 18 Sep 14 @ 1:43 am
This was all performed using the VDJ 8 Reloaded skin with the "one click scratch optimizer"?

Posté Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 12:57 pm
I like the idea of that skin, it's a bit messy at the moment but it makes things easier for the non script savvy,
I like the Dim function too, I don't need it but it might help less clued up users.

Posté Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 2:36 pm
apopsisPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
groovindj wrote :
This was all performed using the VDJ 8 Reloaded skin with the "one click scratch optimizer"?

Yes !, the skin is updated now so the scratch optimizer button also includes optimized settings for timecodes.

Posté Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 5:54 am
well the scratch is tight in the video but now the timecode mixing is close to impossible with a bpm that climbs on it own...

Posté Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 10:05 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)