Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet does anyone use the VDJ app?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

cleio81PRO InfinityMember since 2012
I'm very curious about the tablet app for VDJ but I really don't want to spend the $10 or whatever it is on something I know very little about. (I do wish there was a demo or something) Does anyone use the app? Is it worth it? What kind of things is is capable of doing? IE: just loading songs, just playing songs, ability to search the database, ext.
Thanks VDJ community.

Posté Thu 18 Sep 14 @ 4:52 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Uhm? What VDJ app?

Posté Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 3:51 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Do you mean the remote if so it works well.

Posté Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 4:03 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Agree...works good so far...
but please keep in mind that it is a remote. so you need a running version of VirtualDJ on PC or Mac to controll VirtualDJ via App
and a wireless network to link both applications.

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/iRemote.html

greetz
rob

Posté Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 6:13 am
It has a limited browser and no search facility. It works well but is pretty useless IMO. Just use Splashtop instead.

Posté Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 7:06 am
PachN wrote :
Uhm? What VDJ app?

the IOS remote app.

Posté Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 9:52 am
Thanks for all the feedback. yeah... it sounds kind of useless... especially for how expensive it is. (taking into account the full VDJ price)
I was really hoping it could search my database while I mingled. Oh well, Off to look at electronic books! ^-^

Posté Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 9:54 am
I used the app last week for the first time actually and whilst it is basic it does have benefits - like needing to go to the loo for a ... (well it rhymes !!) lol.

I agree it could do with a search facility but maybe that's not possible on an app??

Also you don't need a wireless connection (but that's best if you have one) you can also set up an adhoc connection to the computer but this does limit the distance the remote will work - 30 ish foot I think ?

Posté Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 6:01 pm
It's userful for mixing without checking your computer, lol!!

Posté Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 6:41 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)