Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Virtual DJ 8 i Have A Question About "Batch Analyze BPM Etc"

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

so i have two laptops one main Djing rig (with only VDJ 7) installed & my back up laptop with VDJ 7 & i just did a fresh install of VDJ 8 like 2 dayz ago. so on the back up laptop i right clicked on "Music" and picked "Recurse" and then highlighted all my songs that didn't show the bpm & time. so now after two days of scanning. how do i save these setting in case in the future i do a fresh install of the "os" and need to install VDJ 8 back on here but dont wanna do all that scanning again ? 2nd Question after this weekends wedding. im going to install VDJ 8 on my main laptop. is there any way to transfer those scanned settings i did on my back up laptop to my main laptop. i really don't wanna be scanning all my music all over again on my main rig. thanx for any help and or input

Posté Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 7:42 pm
make a backup copy of C:\Users\("insert you username here ")\Documents\VirtualDJ\database.xml

all the file info for version 8 is stored there

Posté Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 8:37 pm
also once you have both laptops on VDJ8 consider copying all your files onto an external drive (but make sure you copy them from within VDJ i.e right click on a folder or file and select file operations.. copy to

The beauty of this is as long as you work from the external drive in VDJ when editing or adding music no matter what machine you plug it in to you will always have up to date data

Posté Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 9:04 pm
So I'm lost a bit. Does it store it in the users directory or on the external drive? I am using a desktop as my "home system" and a gig laptop that I take out. It would be pretty nice to work back and forth between them.

Joe

Posté Sat 14 Mar 15 @ 4:21 pm
Are you using the same external drive? for both lappy and desky? If so you should be able to copy the XML file and it should be the same data.
Also it might help if you have your external mapped to the same drive letter on both laptop and desktop. Example. E:/ on lap and F:/ on Desktop might cause a problem. Though I don't think it would be a problem. I map the drive to the same letter on all computers. But that is mainly because some other brand of legacy software I rarely use gets really upset if the drive letter gets changed.

Posté Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 3:04 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)