Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet mod for vdj8

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

tangoHome userMember since 2005
Posted this in wrong place ,hope this is now the right place
What I would like to be able to do with vdj8,is load artwork on to platter so it spins there and not at top left or right, any ideas as to how to do it?
And nearly forgot an option to turn on or off as needed(just in case you have a track with no artwork)
I,m not software savy but as when you load the track the artwork automatically goes either top left or right ,maybe its only a little file alteration needed to put artwork on platter?
And no not trying to get rid of vdj logo on platter just obscure it with track artwork when loaded

Posté Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 8:53 pm
I'm not 100% sure this can be done as the logo on the 'platter' is an image file on the skin which is referenced by code in the xml file of the same skin. Basically the xml code tells the skin you have open where to find the image for each part of the skin by using image coordinates.

You can certainly edit the VDJ logo bit on the platter to any image you want by either replacing it or overlaying another image - if you replace it you need to ensure the new image is exactly the same size as the current image and also placed in exactly the same place so the xml coordinate's can find it (or enter new coordinates in the code if its in a different place).

With that in mind I can't see how you can 'update' each platter with the artwork for each track - I suppose in theory it could be coded somehow but it sounds like a lot of work for what in reality is very little gain i.e. is it really important to have artwork spinning around on the platter ?

Possibly one of the more knowledgeable skinners will pick up on this thread and advise if I'm correct though !

Posté Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 9:32 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Yes, it can be done - the v8 but by Fruit skin for example allows it to be enabled.

Posté Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 11:41 am
there ya go just shows what little I know !! lol

Posté Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 11:51 am
Cheers for that info, but don't really want to use any other skin ,like the standard skin (tablet skin that is as use vdj8 on surface pro) just want to drag track over to platter and the artwork stays there until another track is loaded and artwork from that track replace,s it
If that makes Sense, anybody who knows how to I would like to hear from you ,if you don't want to go public with the info on how to, you can pm me if you would rather do it that way

Posté Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 8:06 pm
I love that idea.. Keep me in the loop

Posté Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 4:41 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The idea is that all the info is out there. If you're wanting something custom, you are probably going to have to DIY, which means learning skinning, a bit, to the point you can say
" I tried X and it didn't work, "
After that, help is pretty easy to find because it's not too bad explaining what to do, towards someone who has the skinning basics, but toward people who don't much know skinning at all it's frustrating for everybody.

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/SkinSDK8.html
(Still in progress Dan? :-P )

Posté Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 4:41 pm
The code for adding the cover art to the jog wheels is easy enough - but if you just use that, the rotating artwork will be square.

You need to use a jog wheel shaped mask to hide the square edges.

Posté Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 4:45 pm
That's what I want square artwork spinning just like it is at the top left or right, nothing fancy, just square artwork on the platter spinning with the marker line going round with it
If fact you could just say copying what you have already got at the top of frame, nothing more of fancy shapes, in fact if you drag something with artwork over to load what you see as it is on platter is what I want
So if anyone can supply the code to do just that, would be Brill & get a big thanks from me
I would then work on the artwork that spins at top just to be stationery, so only platter artwork is spinning, think it would really look the part on the tablet skin
Would be interesting to see if any others would like to have it working that way as well ,so if interested in it make yourself known, see I,m not a tec geak ,if I'm shown how to maybe I could do it but from scratch I don't think I'm that handy, so
I'll accept any help I can get.
So to sum up stationary artwork at top when loaded and spinning square artwork on platter, any help codes or whatever gladly welcomed.

Posté Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 5:32 pm
Hello all seems to have gone quiet no answers or suggestions regarding how to do it?

Posté Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 4:52 pm
Has nobody got any info on how to do it for me ,must be somebody who can help?

Posté Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 5:45 pm
When you mean that you will have Covers displayed on the Jogwheels,that goes in the Skin of the Hercules RMX Black

Look at my Screenshot,the green randet toothwheel,on this you can activate this.

greatings,Dirk

Posté Sat 22 Nov 14 @ 3:35 am
yes thats just the job ,how is it done
need it to work on standard vdj pro 8 skin for tablet

Posté Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 11:21 am
I think that goes onyl when a Skin Developer buildt this Option into the Skin in.

I know this gives in the Hercules RMX2 Black Skin,does another Skins have this Option too i waiste not.

Excuse my Bad English,not every Word what i write is correct,

greatings Dirk

Posté Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 11:37 am
I would assume one could just look at the xml code for the skin in the pic above and apply to it to the skin of the users choice?

Posté Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 11:42 am
Yes, but as I said earlier........a mask is also required to be added to the skin graphics so that the cover artwork is circular rather than square.

Without the mask, you'd end up with a square cover rotating over the jog wheel.

Posté Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 11:45 am
not that I plan to do this (as I can't really see the point myself) purely out of interest, how would you apply a mask?

Posté Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 11:54 am
ignore that Groovin I just re-read your post fully again and worked it out !

Posté Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 11:55 am
Ok then just suppose I didn't mind a square cover on jog wheel, what would the code be to do it?

Posté Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 5:51 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)