Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet NEW ! Pioneer XDJ 1000 HID controller - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Wow! Just have seen the new Pioneer XDJ 1000 media controller from Pioneer. They say it can be used as a HID controller for Serato and Traktor... Why not mention VDJ? ;)
I can not buy this controller yet here, but I already have to shout: "Supported by VDJ?" haha LOL

http://pioneerdj.com/english/products/player/xdj-1000.html

Posté Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 3:18 am
But why would you spend so much on this just to use it as a controller? :-)

Its main use is as a stand alone player. No computer required (apart from Rekordbox to analyse files).

I think they should have given it an internal hard drive, ability to use a physical keyboard for search and more LAN / USB sockets.

Posté Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 8:28 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
It's a marketing thing... When Pioneer mentions another brand, there's money that changes hands.

I had gotten a chance to play with these at a private event in NYC about a week ago with Serato- They were pretty cool, however I'm a Denon guy! (I still love my 3900's!)

Posté Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 9:42 am
dcomo wrote :
It's a marketing thing... When Pioneer mentions another brand, there's money that changes hands.

I had gotten a chance to play with these at a private event in NYC about a week ago with Serato- They were pretty cool, however I'm a Denon guy! (I still love my 3900's!)

(however I'm a Denon guy! I still love my 3900's!)
Yes I Feel The Same Way. came from TT, Then DN-S3500's, Then Numark NS7 & Now to My 3900's
"But" that big Azz 7" screen is looking nice. i really want to ditch my laptop & go with the usb sticks only (BUT) having to lug around an ipad & router just to have an bigger screen to see my files is a no go for me :-(

Posté Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 10:52 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Pioneer CDJ18000; we stuck a jog wheel on a laptop.
I wonder what type of HID class it falls under?

Posté Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 12:50 pm
groovindj wrote :
But why would you spend so much on this just to use it as a controller? :-)

I now have two Pioneer DDJ SX controllers I have to carry to each gig. One for performing and one as a backup. It is still 1 controller and 1 powersource..
If the adapter fails, I'm completely done.

So I rather have three components, don't forget a mixer, that can behave like a DDJ SX with each their own power supply and possibility's.

And the eye candy of course :)

Posté Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 7:06 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
It's been over 3 years that I have actually played a CD at a gig. (I don't even have a CD/DVD drive in my Mac.)

These would be fine for me.

Posté Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 9:03 am
Why not Vdj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posté Sun 16 Nov 14 @ 4:53 am
It probably works with VDJ but Pioneer seems to only recognise Traktor and Serato as industry standard. That will soon change though if Atomix makes deals with them

Posté Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 7:55 am
Atomix already had deals in the past, because the Pioneer DDJ Ergo V was especially for VDJ and shipped with VDJ. Maybe the market for VDj isn't big enough, because short after the DDJ Ergo V, came the DDJ Ergo K which was especially designed for Traktor.

Posté Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 7:58 am
hi guys has someone plan to make the mappers for vdj8??? i will wait it!!! ;-)

Posté Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 5:51 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Does it have Cue buttons ?

Posté Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 10:01 am
On screen I believe.

Posté Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 11:50 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
On screen I believe.

Sort of defies the point

Posté Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 2:01 pm
This is probably the CD-less equivalent of the CDJ-900. There'll be another more expensive model next, with the bells & whistles.

Posté Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 4:15 pm
These ain't bells and whistles, get me, 2*1200's, windows 10 with the augmented reality head set, 2 kinects, a IR pick up and a rock hard laptop.
Pressing buttons and twiddling knobs is retro.

Posté Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 5:36 pm
locodog wrote :
windows 10

....which is gonna be free apparently. For a year anyway.

Posté Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 6:04 pm
Indeed, I'll be taking advantage of that, when my toughbook arrives.

Posté Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 6:15 pm
how much the new controller

Posté Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 8:32 pm
If you're asking, too much :-)

Posté Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 8:43 pm
71%