Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet err on some karaoke files

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

clowe48PRO InfinityMember since 2014
I had just compression my whole hard drive to a later technology when i select some songs and place them in the karaoke deck to play i get a error . i do a recurse and some times the files automatically works. my question is there a better way to ensure the karaoke files will work with virtual dj 8?

Posté Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 9:57 am
clowe48 wrote :
I had just compression my whole hard drive to a later technology

What does this mean?

Posté Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 1:06 pm
clowe48PRO InfinityMember since 2014
What i mean is that i change the karaoke files to a newer compression . or i just made sure that my files are all zip and all formated the same way. but yet i still get errors when selecting . i take the same files and it works in sax an dotties . im not sure what im doing wrong here.

Posté Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 11:52 pm
Clowe48:

Something is happening with karaoke myself. Sometimes the ZIP file won't show on the VDJ Brower. If idrag and drop (from explorer) the ZIP file to VDJ Deck, it only plays the music (no lyrics video).

If I browse that folder in VDJ, the ZIP file is not showing.

I did some testing. First if I move that ZIP file that VDJ is not showing in the browser to a newly test folder, then VDJ will see this file and everything OK.

This was a test that I did and surely not an efficient way moving TONS of file.

This just came to mind, wondering if you rename the Folder itself, will VDJ then see every ZIP file ? (have to try).

Anyway the other test I did was I deleted the database.xml on the ROOT of my drive where the karaoke drive exist (backup your databse.xml first).

I am doing this on my TEST RIG I have not use or installed V8 on my main rig (still testing v8). December is very busy and can't afford to have any screw ups.

I'm sticking with V7 till next year.

Try deleting your DATABASE.XML and would like to hear back from you (remember to back it up first, if it's important).

Posté Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 9:14 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)