Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet AUTOMIX - Reply to this if you regularly used automix in v7 - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

So we can see who used AUTOMIX in v7 please reply "yes" to this message. - There is a rival topic for "NEVER USED AUTOMIX". Remember, if you reply to this topic you are adding a pro-vote for "AUTOMIX". The more votes this topic gets, the more chance AUTOMIX fixes may be taken more seriously.

Posté Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 2:13 pm
yes

Posté Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 2:17 pm
yes, please

Posté Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 2:41 pm
yes please, i use it

Posté Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 3:25 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
For a start you need to have this topic title reworded as a few guys like myself have occassion in which we use automix, but would rather see work get started in putting all that is wrong with the video sampler put right then listen to people whine on about having something fixed or added to in automix, just face it guys, if you need more than what you already have in automix you seriously need to look at your career choices, as djing is not one of them.

Posté Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 3:53 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
*Sigh* a misguided thread if ever there was one, you do realise all the emphasis on timecode WAS FOR THE BPM EXPO
So you're looking silly saying, "listen to us" "Fix it Fix it" , fix what?

There's other AM users on these boards actually testing and reporting and adapting their methods, and guess what? they're helping, this isn't.
Maybe you should try just mixing, it's never been that hard, it's really quite rewarding.

I apologise for my flippancy but instead of petitioning go to this thread instead
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/194320/Wishes_and_new_features/Can_we_have_a_dedicated_thread_for_automix_please_.html
Share ideas, thoughts and findings, you want it better, discuss how to make it better.

Posté Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 5:37 pm
Yes, Fix it please.

Posté Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 10:22 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I use automix for the begining of every gig. I use it for sound checking, dinner/coctail music, end of the night tear downs. It works without issue for how I use it. It fades between songs, that's it, like a radio play list.
If I'm doing a dance party disco type scenario, then I should be mixing the songs myself. To be honest, I would be bored if I wasn't. If I wasn't enjoying it and reacting to the crowd, then how could I expect them to react to me.
I am not saying that everyone has to mix to be a DJ, to each his own. I'm just saying I use automix and have no issues with it.

Posté Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 11:15 pm
yes for warm up set of every gig

Posté Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 12:51 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I would like to once again point out that this is a bug reporting forum, not for taking opinion polls.

To that end I will move this to general discussion where it belongs.

Posté Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 4:32 am
yes

Posté Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 6:40 am
pungentPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I have used it 100's of times in VD7 and VDJ8 now, always use it during meal time at weddings,balls, private functions as I like to also eat and relax a little before the actual party starts....on the rare occasion even used it in venues when the toilet break could not be avoided.

As to problems or issues.........I have had 0.
I even know a DJ that uses it to sort of mix by right clicking then hitting mix now to get to the next song when he wants lol.

Posté Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 4:08 am
+1, During dinner hours and washroom breaks.

Posté Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 5:40 am
CueItUpPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Tes

Posté Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 1:46 am
LAtheDJHome userMember since 2011
I've used it quite a bit. As I work in a gentlemen's club, I've always wished for an option or plugin to time the automix to cut at a certain length on every song.

Posté Sat 21 Feb 15 @ 2:40 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Posté Sat 21 Feb 15 @ 4:09 pm
might be nice if someone could update it so that it works in 8 as well ;-)
by the way, since the positioning of the mix poi's has been improved AM is working pretty fine. Nice!
but how about givin us back the control of the "skip" length, that would be mega!
atb
ray

Posté Sat 21 Feb 15 @ 4:18 pm
I like SMART mode...But I play a lot of 80s alternative dance club stuff and every now and then SMART mix would find a perfect TEMPO mix between songs...however, in most cases, it can't so it always comes up with CUT mix which in my case is terrible. I'd love to be able to have SMART mix choose an order so I'd pick TEMPO, FADE and CUT... while others may choose TEMPO, CUT then FADE... So for now, I just use FADE with I think 4 secs.... It gets me thru the night but I'd wish SMART would function differently.

Posté Sun 22 Feb 15 @ 8:13 pm
SBDJ wrote :
I would like to once again point out that this is a bug reporting forum, not for taking opinion polls.

To that end I will move this to general discussion where it belongs.

So.... when I upgraded from V7 to V8 all of my carefully crafted start and stop positions (on thousands of music videos) were messed up. Hence I have had to spend countless "hundreds" of hours going through the "points of interest", removing those that I didn't want and re-creating the starts and stops so that I can use the automix the way I used to in V7. (and this isn't a bug!!! that has cost me hundreds of hours of my life that I won't get back). At the time of the opinion poll being raised there were other automix issues in the bug forum that other customers were complaining weren't being prioritised - hence I raised it within the bug forum to see if customers made use of automix.

Posté Sat 28 Feb 15 @ 12:39 am
Use it all the time

Posté Sun 01 Mar 15 @ 8:06 am
80%