Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet budget windows tablets and VDJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
So here's a thing - Windows 8 tablets seem to have suddenly started getting very cheap now - you can buy a basic 7" tablet running full-fat Windows 8 for just £79 now, and it makes me wonder if it would be possible to run VDJ on something this basic. Would make a handy backup device to throw in the gig bag, and being effectively a Windows PC, presumably you could hook it up to your soundcard/controller of choice as well. Anyone had any experience of these bargain-basement tablets yet?

Posté Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 5:43 pm
Hi, I've just purchased a linx windows 8 tablet with keyboard for £179 from Argos in the u.k its a 32gb version running full windows its got a 10.1" screen has 2gb ram, hdmi out, USB 3......etc I have just been using it to see if I can use it as backup and am amazed with it......I have connected a USB hub with a external hdd and my pioneer controller and it works flawlessly..... so I thought I,d try karaoke as well so I hooked it up to my led TV and to my disbelief its running it flawlessly.... as a bonus I got a £20 bonus card to spend on my next purchase

Posté Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 10:13 pm
You can run an external display in extended monitor mode as well? That's pretty impressive. I used to have a netbook years ago that would just about run VDJ at a push, but the external out would only duplicate the main screen.

Posté Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 10:31 am
Kinda doubt these units would handle video but would be nice to be proved wrong

Posté Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 11:00 am
The Linx tablet was the one I was thinking of buying, was originally looking at the smaller ones, but as the 10" means 2gb instead of 1gb of RAM, it seems like the better option. Picked one up at Argos this evening, and yes, it talks to my VMS4.1 perfectly, and yes, I can play music videos on an external display as well. The CPU reads around 50% during video playback, but it seems to work ok. Very impressed that you can do so much with such a comparitively cheap tablet.

Posté Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 5:10 pm

Posté Fri 05 Dec 14 @ 1:28 am
Hi
I am getting Toshiba 8.1 windows tablet to maybe use with vdj pro7 as well maybe for samples or back up even to run virtual dj pro 7
Windows 8.1 with Bing
•Intel® Atom Z3735F processor
•2GB Ram
• 32GB hard drive
Do you guys think it would run ok
Any tips Thanks.

Posté Mon 22 Dec 14 @ 4:57 pm
barry phelan wrote :
Hi
I am getting Toshiba 8.1 windows tablet to maybe use with vdj pro7 as well maybe for samples or back up even to run virtual dj pro 7
Windows 8.1 with Bing
•Intel® Atom Z3735F processor
•2GB Ram
• 32GB hard drive
Do you guys think it would run ok
Any tips Thanks.

Ok VDJ crew came back to me to say it should be fine and it was no problem put my vdj pro on it and Asio hooked up to controller and TB hard drive.
So it will be a very handy back up, warm up
VDJ said Might have video issues so I will put to the test.
Got keyboard with cover for it to half price.
Only thing if tablet was able to charge up at the same time if any ideas for that please let me know.
I hope this helps.

Posté Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 3:28 am
If your tablet only has the one socket you could try getting a splitter cable.

Posté Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 3:55 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)