Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet milkdrop settings??

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

i have Milkdrop 8 set as mp3visual, but as we al know sometimes some presets dont show anything..
When milkdrop is running in this way, how exactly do i change its options?

If i look for Milkdrop in the effects list and click the cog, this is controlling a 2nd instance of MD an not the one already running.
(This is the same on default Tablet skin > Video tab..

Posté Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 9:30 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posté Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 9:41 am
i know about the settings file, but i just wanna be able to "skip" presets on the milkdrop instance thats running on screen..
editing the text file wont help as virtual dj only reads it upon opening the software :(

Posté Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 10:09 am
First use the drop down next to the Effect field.

Click on the gear symbol next to milkdrop.

This will open a control panel for milkdrop control.

Posté Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 10:25 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You can also map a custom button or other scriptable object to this command:

effect_show_gui 'audioonlyvisualisation'

Which will open the GUI irrespective of where the plugin is active (as it moves between deck and master). You could also map a button directly to:

effect_button 'audioonlyvisualisation' 1

Posté Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 11:56 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I have had the plugin stop displaying when switching between video and audio only. Also when switching between a deck instance and master out. Once it even locked VDJ and I had to force a close. I haven't posted in the plugin thread yet because I have not determined that the plugin is the cause. I'm 85% sure that's where it is tho.

Posté Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 12:23 pm
SBDJ wrote :

Which will open the GUI irrespective of where the plugin is active (as it moves between deck and master). You could also map a button directly to:

This is more along the lines of what im looking for Scot, Thanks :)
Can I use effect_button on a custom button to change the current preset? do a fade to next MK preset maybe??

Posté Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 10:06 pm
marksmolinski wrote :
SBDJ wrote :

This is more along the lines of what im looking for Scot, Thanks :)
Can I use effect_button on a custom button to change the current preset? do a fade to next MK preset maybe??

[[UPDATE]

works a treat on a custom button, thanks Scot :)

Posté Sun 21 Dec 14 @ 2:22 pm
Hi Scott (SBDJ),
Is there a way to set Milkdrop's transparency? I used to use Sonique's transparency to obscure (not to cover entirely) some too racy music video. I can use the video effects in the sampler for that purpose but the transparency is controlled by the sampler volume (i have a DDJ-SX2). So, if I'm running Instruments samples at the same time, the sample volume gets messed up.

Thanks for this great effects!

Posté Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 1:16 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
There isn't a transparency control at present; I may add one in the future though.

Posté Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 4:03 pm
I look forward to that. Kindly announce it when it becomes available. Thanks. For the meantime, some good old Sonique visuals still run with V8 for music video 'censoring' purpose.

Posté Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 6:15 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)