Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet If Your Thinking About Going HDMI

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey guys, for those of you that may be contemplating going to HDMI for your vids, I thought I'd share what I'm using. The 1x4 and the 1x2 distibution amplifiers are by Comprehesive and I purchased them from B&H Photo. $64 and $38. I have been buying HDMI cables on Ebay, Gator Cable. Just type in Gator cable. They offer a variety of lengths at super prices. 6 foot cable-$7, up to a 50 ft cable at $25. These are very high quality heavy cables and I have run 100 ft on them without amp from my laptop. The Comprehensive amps just keep working perfect. The on screen video quality is excellent. Hope this may help some of you guys get going a little cheaper, but with good stuff.:)

Posté Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 2:56 pm
Anyone know if you could plug a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter into the input of one of these and get four output signals? Could come in handy where the video hub at a bar isn't in close proximity to the dj booth

Posté Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 1:50 pm
Don't know a thing about the wireless part but you could always run HDMI over a Network cable, just as reliable and you can have further runs with a network cable. I use a network cable every weekend with zero problems 👌

Posté Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 3:52 pm
OK I tried it myself and it does work. If you're running Windows 8 on a 3rd generation (I think) i core processor or using a MS Surface tablet you can connect wirelessly to your display with full 1080p, but you need the wireless receiver to plug into your display ($60) I got a dual hdmi splitter like the one you pictured and added the MS Wireless display adapter to the input and hdmi cables to the lines out to two HD Displays. The signal was displayed on both. Gives much greater flexibility as now the hdmi splitter can be 30 ft away from your laptop wirelessly. Normally you would plug the usb cable into the usb port on the back of your tv for power, but you need a usb/ac adapter to power it on the splitter.

Posté Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 10:22 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)