Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Can you delete vocals or remove vocals to a track in VIRTUAL DJ 8?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey guys, I just downloaded VIRTUAL DJ 8 and was wondering if there is a remove vocals on a tracks effect like on VIRTUAL DJ 7. If ya'll have any suggestions that would be great!

Posté Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 12:59 pm
I'm currently looking for answers how to do this. Did you work it out??

Posté Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 5:47 pm
It's not possible to "delete vocals". It's like trying to separate the ingredients of a cake once you've made it.

There are various software and hardware tools that attempt it, but results are usually poor.

Posté Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 5:59 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012

Posté Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 3:45 am
why was this option removed from virtual dj 8

Posté Mon 06 Apr 15 @ 8:12 pm
Nothing was removed. VDJ never had a vocal remover. The one mentioned above is a plug-in, not part of VDJ.

As already stated, vocal removers do not work very well. It's not something that be done with much success.

Posté Tue 07 Apr 15 @ 12:19 pm
perryrobControlleristMember since 2003
Can you at least make that plugin work with virtual 8? I've tried the renaming thing and it says incompatable. If it may not work perfect, at least make it compatable for us to use.

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 5:59 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Get a eq vst and flatten the freqs used by the human voice, that's all the plugin did.

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 6:50 pm
There are also vocal remover VSTs - but just like you can't take the eggs back out of a cake once it's made, you can't unmix a song.

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 7:03 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
love the cake analogy.

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 7:13 pm
Yeah, I just spotted it earlier in the thread too - I wonder who wrote that?

:-)

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 7:21 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
:)

Posté Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 7:44 pm
You could use an egg removal plugin.

Posté Sun 18 Sep 16 @ 9:42 pm
.. bit silly what you wrote,.. The vocal remover works at least a bit more sofisticated: It removes the part in the stereo that is commen. As the voice is mostly common (in the middle of the 2 channels) it is removed (if so) . Of course a lot else is removed by that . I use a NCH software tool to do that (audacity is ok too) but the old VDJ (7) plugin sucked.

Posté Mon 29 Oct 18 @ 6:41 pm
As heart-to-beat said, it will only remove the mono/center part using inverted phase and some matrix magic.

If you're really serious about removing vocals a more sophisticated approach is needed such as the one in the new iZotope RX-7 (more specifically the "Music rebalance" module) which claim to be able to do this (it uses a mix of machine learning, phase, fft etc. to achieve this). How successful it is I have no idea as I haven't tried it, but looks promising from their promo videos (as one would expect...) but also from other people who has tried it out (search youtube). It doesn't come cheap though.

A video showing it in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdnbd2KDsT4

Posté Fri 14 Dec 18 @ 4:02 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posté Sun 16 Dec 18 @ 4:49 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)