Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Backup System

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
For a wedding I often take my decks, and use them as a backup should thing's go wrong. At other events I'll make do with my phone, or a spare laptop. I do get a little nervous leaving my phone lying around my working area. Anyway I noticed that the Blackberry Playbook's are very cheap, and got one second hand for £36, and an app. called Pacemaker for £7.50. On top of that I bought a stand/ charger for £14. At first I thought I'd wasted my money, but once Pacemaker had analyzed the songs, and I restricted there number to around 250, then I found it worked very well. I can even beat match, loop and apply effects.
If someone stole the Playbook I'd not be too unhappy. Things like Ipad's are attractive items which might bring around the wrong type of people.

Posté Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 12:58 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
#liverpoolProblems

XD

Posté Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 1:32 pm
Drug infested, and overcrowded multicultural cities are dangerous places.
Liverpool is the norm, and not the exception. I suspect that Liverpool might be one of the more friendly. Whatever.

Posté Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 1:53 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Don't start playing the victim or that's strike 2, seriously, I'm just messing with you, Coming from the right side of the Pennines, it's my birthright, duty, hobby... :-)

Posté Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 2:56 pm
I'm sure I have some Yorkshire blood, I'm very frugal!

Posté Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 3:12 pm
Virtualdj is extremely stable, and crashes are very rare. You might have to wait years, but it will happen. It seems a waste to provide a backup system which is hardly ever used, but it is essential!

Posté Sat 25 Apr 15 @ 8:01 am
I'm more oldschool, I have a Denon DN-D4500 dual CD-player in case the PC crashes.
Normally it's enough to keep only two CD's in the slots with MP3's, to cover any eventual restart of VDJ.

Posté Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 1:02 pm
I didn't have much choice. We don't have much work on Merseyside, so many venues have closed, and many people have little money. Without my skills with a computer I would not now be a DJ, as I would never have found the type of market to which I'm suited without the Internet. Combined with that I'm a kind of, maybe second rate geek (I've got a few graded results against international chess masters), and the geek breed dominates the computer world. I'm better equipped to be a digital dj, than old school.
I do have various types of cd players, plus lots of Cd's, and records..and I just remembered that there is an old set of powered record decks with a built in mixer in my roof! Hm..there might be some old turntables in the shed as well.
I move around more than most mobile dj's so I like compact equipment.
My PA is a conventional pair of 12" Peavey 1012's (+ matching base bins ,and a second amp when needed).
The thing about the 1012's is that there 500w RMS, small, and made of lightweight plastic.

I still have not decided if the Playbook is a toy, anyway it was cheap.

Posté Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 1:44 pm
I Use a Denon DN 1800 F as backup and my great Music-Collection on Original-CD.
Thince a Week i have a HP Stream 7 Tablet (Win8.1) with VDJ 8 Pro Infinity on this,for Back-up too,
and have on this connect my AA VMS2.

greetings,Dirk

Posté Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 1:47 pm
Hi Dirk, the HP Stream 7 Tablet looks very good, I found a new one for only £90. Does VDJ 8 run well on this device?

Posté Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 2:34 pm
I use an old 30Gb iPod as backup. It is pre-wired into my Denon MC6000 and USB powered during a gig. It has several full nights (4 hours) recorded on it. I set it playing at the start of a gig and if the computer or program crashes then its just a matter of pushing up a fader on the MC6000. I can usually restart Windows and VirtualDJ within a song or two while the dance floor keeps going.

Also, I use a boot camped Mac and have VDJ7 and VDJ8 on both the PC side and the Mac side. So, if necessary, I've got 4 systems available to use.

Posté Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 8:52 pm
Nice.
This is getting good, I'm learning.
How hot is the ipod? With my Playbook I have a great variance between sound levels.
If I plug it into my mc6000 then the gain needs to be right up, whilst I need to reduce the output from the laptop via the gain on the mc6000.
It messes up my gains, hence I input it into my PV12 mixer.

Posté Mon 27 Apr 15 @ 7:47 am
I tried a modern mp3 player, but, found that they are restricted to around 84db (a guess) to protect listeners hearing. I couldn't get enough gain to give a reasonable output through the MC6000. My son had this older 30Gb iPod from before sound level restrictions were introduced. The gain on my MC6000 for the iPod is set at around 3 o'clock. This gives the same level output as my normal output from VDJ.

My sets on it are mainly recordings of 'live' gigs but with no microphone. Some have been created by throwing a load of tunes into the VDJ Automix and recording from there. Handy to record different types of backups for the different types of venues.

Posté Mon 27 Apr 15 @ 3:24 pm
I need to use 9 o'clock, and 6 0'clock on my mc6000, which is bad.
I didn't know that there had been any restrictions placed on the output volume of a mobile device, but it figures.

Posté Mon 27 Apr 15 @ 3:29 pm
Yeh, they did it a few years ago. Not sure of the exact restriction but I'm sure it's about 84 db.

Have a look on eBay, you might find one of the older ones before the restrictions were introduced.

Posté Mon 27 Apr 15 @ 3:32 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)