Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet VDJ 8 UHH OHH!!! Playing with ONINIT to load effects on startup. Now app aborts.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I wa playing with my ONINIT function to start some effects on load.

I was getting close to what I wanted. Then I changed the effect slot number an now the app opens and closes in 5 seconds.

HELP! I'm looking through the XMLs but don't see it. How can I revert back???

Posté Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 2:13 am
This is horrible. I tried a re-load of the Application. But got no Desktop ICON. I found .EXEs in My Documents Virtual DJ but they bring up VDJ 7.

I tried a System Restore. But the App still aborts.

I have re-installed again with the Complete option. I've been waiting for about 10 minutes now and the only indicatior is in in Task Manager with VIRTUAL DJ SOFTWARE as a RUNNING Process.

I'll wait it out some more to see if the "RUNNING" process will launch VDJ. This sucks. I was going to make a demo MIX tonight. RATS.

UPDATE: BIG PROBLEM. I did a REPAIR & a RE-INSTALL and the APP still ABORTs. I made a backup folder so I guess I'll try an UNINSTALL. This is HORRIBLE!!!

UPDATE: UNINSTALL without deleting my settings and databases did NOT work. APP is still ABORTING. HELLLLPPPPPPPP !!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: I searched the REGISTRY and found nothing having to do with ONINIT or EFFECT names. Now I'm backing up everything and will try to restore from my other machine.

Posté Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 2:54 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
ONINIT is stored in the mapper, which are stored in Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers
Also just removing settings.xml in Documents\VirtualDJ should be enough to revert to the default mapper.

Posté Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 3:42 am
Yessssss.... I backed up and removed the settings.xml. Re-started VDJ and I'm UP.

All my Virtual Folders are messed up though. Trying the MAPPER suggestion.

I don't know how I missed it because I was looking in the "custom mapping" XML.

But there it was at the bottom of the file. ONINT said "CLOSE".

How in the heck did that happen? I was putting in "effect_show_gui" commands.

I wanted to start on loadup 2 effects for both decks.

This is my string: deck 1 effect_show_gui 1 & effect_show_gui 2 & deck 2 effect_show_gui 1 & effect_show_gui 2

How that turned into "CLOSE" is a mystery. This should be a designated a BUG.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posté Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 4:38 am
The HORRIBLE night continues. Now I have NO audio. My gains are UP. Soundcard is configured properly. But I load a song and the gain knob goes to zero.

If I turn it UP still NO sound. And the VU meter has NO signal.

WTF

Got it back. Went to backup folder and restored it. Had to fix the ONINT "CLOSE" back to my string. I'm back UP... whewwww what a HELL night.

Posté Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 5:57 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I'm always altering my mappings, and found that it was essential to backup the vdj settings in My Documents, and also the virtualdj local database database file with my songs. Every so often I mess things up.

Posté Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 5:25 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)