Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet I need to re-sync the sampler

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I really love using the sampler in VDJ8.
I often keep looping samples with rhythms going on and on through a set of songs.
I know that starting a sample auto sync to the mastertempo.
I also know that a sample does not have a mastertempo to sync-start a track in the same way.
But, is there a way to re-sync the sampler (like a deck is synced to another deck) to the beatgrid of a track?

Posté Sat 02 May 15 @ 12:16 pm
I have a strong feeling that I did not succeed to explain properly :)

Simply, what I want to do is to have a way to re-sync a playing sample to the beat of the master tempo.
Possible?

Posté Sun 03 May 15 @ 4:57 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Not sure if i get you right, but as far as i know sampler re-syncs only when turning off/ on to the actual track when beat is out of sync

Posté Sun 03 May 15 @ 6:03 am
OK. That was my question (too bad you did get it right :)
Thanks!

Posté Sun 03 May 15 @ 6:15 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I'm having a little trouble with the sampler as well. Ed Sheeran's "Don't" works great for dropping in drum, and high hat loops. However on another of his songs the beat is incorrectly detected at 158bpm. OK so I manually corrected the beat in the bpm editor. The VDJ beat grid changed to 79bpm, but the samples still stayed at 158bpm, and sounded a mess. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, anyway live remixing needs carefully preparing to the point were it's almost not live. We need to keep a careful eye on the accuracy of the beatgrid. I don't have the time to look at it more closely at the moment.
It's very early day's for the VDJ 8 sampler, it will be developed, and is a game changer.
I thought my live remix of "Don't" was better than the original !
Whatever, dream on.

Sampler quality = All about the accuracy of the VDJ 8 beatgrid

Posté Sun 03 May 15 @ 6:36 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)