Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Filter folder for harmonic mixing

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Is there a way to set up a filter folder giving only results based on harmonic difference based on the "camelot wheel" ?
I cannot really understand the "key difference" sorting. Even if I put the filter folder rule to "key difference = 0" I still gets a lot of results with other keys than loaded on deck.

Posté Sat 23 May 15 @ 4:10 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Proved here too, key difference = (or is) 0 gives results of a difference of 0, 1, -1,

The camalot wheel (adjacent) is 3rds (+|- 3)

Posté Sat 23 May 15 @ 4:38 pm
Don't understand how you guys work using harmonic mixing.
What I do is show the camelot column in the browser and click the top to sort on that column. it's then just a matter of moving through the list i.e. 1a, 2a, 3a, etc., in a continuous cycle. Have done 6 hours continuous mixing deep house in Ibiza since 2006 with this method with a few 'jumps' thrown in. :-)

Posté Sat 23 May 15 @ 8:29 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Key jumps of 7 often seem to work. Also a jump of 2 gives an energy boost.
http://www.harmonic-mixing.com/EnergyBoostMixing.aspx

Note: Choosing your song to suit the moment is much more important than being compatible by key.
Suitability, and energy override key.
Key is the icing on the cake.
Back spinning out of a song whilst playing the intro of a new one offers a crude method of changing key when you're a little stuck.

Posté Sun 24 May 15 @ 4:36 pm
There is a compatible songs folder which I often use in the vdj 8 explorer window.

Posté Sun 24 May 15 @ 5:46 pm
bigron1 wrote :
Key jumps of 7 often seem to work. Also a jump of 2 gives an energy boost.
http://www.harmonic-mixing.com/EnergyBoostMixing.aspx

Note: Choosing your song to suit the moment is much more important than being compatible by key.
Suitability, and energy override key.
Key is the icing on the cake.
Back spinning out of a song whilst playing the intro of a new one offers a crude method of changing key when you're a little stuck.

Well thank you for that. I have been doing this wrong the whole time. I've been going from 1A to 1B or 2A. Doh!! Must have not fully grasped what I was reading when I was looking this up before.

Posté Wed 27 May 15 @ 2:24 pm
What you have been doing is right, I have just given you extra options. The energy jump +2 is very useful.

There is also a further sequence of rules which has been promoted by Digitaldjtips, but I think their unnecessary.

Posté Wed 27 May 15 @ 5:08 pm
Ok so it's still 1A to 2A or down to 12A still but if I get stuck or I don't like my options I can go to 8A or 3A. Is that right?

Posté Thu 28 May 15 @ 5:55 pm
Yes..and 1B of course.
I emphasis that a +2 will give an energy jump !

There are more rules but there not worth while in my opinion.

Always check by ear, if it goes well, then do it again!
Build up little play-lists.

Posté Thu 28 May 15 @ 6:15 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)