Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Good external usb soundcard for playback directly from laptop to Bose L1 Model II system

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Can someone recommend a good soundcard that might sound better than the computer's internal included card? Thanks

Posté Sun 24 May 15 @ 11:26 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Are you also looking to be able to monitor a mix, or are you just running a playlist? Basically, what are you doing besides just running to the Bose system?

Posté Mon 25 May 15 @ 3:13 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
The Behringer uac202, and the Traktor audio2dj are minimum cost cards that achieve a professional sound.
Cost can go through the roof for very small quality increases.

I like the Behringer, it has excellent drivers which help remove usb problems, is cheap, and is quite professional.
Also it consumes few system resources, the Traktor unit is demanding of your computer.
I mean it will run on anything pretending to be a laptop.
http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UCA202-Audio-Interface/dp/B000KW2YEI

Posté Tue 26 May 15 @ 12:40 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
This is where I hope the OP can post more of what he wants to do with the card or if he will want to do more.
The Behringer unit is geared more for the home user. It's build quality and design will not hold up to the use of mobile work for example. It also has reliability issues with even basic home use. They also don't seem to have isolation between their audio inputs and USB cabling. This will cause ground loops with certain laptops. An audio isolator may be needed. I do disagree with it being professional, I would rate it as consumer. But again, if the OP just practices at home or something, it may be fine for that.
Another point is that the UCA202 only has one stereo output. Stereo software monitoring is not possible.

I do have the Native Insturments/Traktor Audio 6 which I will recommend to anyone. I do not know if the Audio 2 uses the same isolation or filtering. They do use the same ASIO drivers and my Audio 6. My drivers do not seem to use any more resources then my M-Audio or Tascam ASIO drivers and software. I have not had any performance issues with them. The Audio 2 also has two stereo outputs that will allow stereo monitoring.
Out of the two, I would recommend the Audio 2. I would like to know more about the OP's needs and wants tho.

Posté Tue 26 May 15 @ 2:01 pm
I agree with blckjck.

If the OP is using a Bose L1 system then it would be advisable to use an audio interface from that end of the market in order to try and get the best possible signal out of the computer.

It might not matter too much (or be particularly noticeable) using a little plastic $30 Behringer to feed budget speakers, but higher end speakers tend to reveal any flaws in the source material and/or kit.

Posté Tue 26 May 15 @ 3:00 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I prefer the Behringer unit to the Traktor. I own both.
The Behringer is 100% reliable, and durable. It's sound quality is good.
In retirement It now lives happily in my cupbpard.
Behringers image is often less than deserved.
Behringer, and Bose is an odd mix.

Posté Tue 26 May 15 @ 7:40 pm
kjdj99PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Novation Audio Hub 2x4 is my choice. best dynamic range, flat response, and just breath taking detailed sound. A huge step-up from my previous China/German and Numark sound cards. It will brighten up the Bose sound, if you didn't Bose Tone Match work around.

Posté Wed 27 May 15 @ 5:04 am
You have premium speakers, use a premium soundcard. That Behringer soundcard is not premium, no matter how you dress it up. The NI soundcards fit that description.

Posté Wed 27 May 15 @ 11:32 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)